• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lilac

Delta231

A noob
Years
The OWs are just edited versions of OWs from the 4th gen games so any discrepancies could be applied to them as well. I've resized most OWs (currently around 100) to the standard 16x32, but some like Hikers and Firebreathers are just way to large in the 4th gen games to even consider doing that and remaining recognizable so they're 32x32.

Don't mean to advertise but if you need Gen 4 OWs in 16x32 you can always use my resource which could be found here.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Man, oh man! I'm loving the updates! Really looking forward to a release!

Thanks! I'm still a bit away from a release, but we're slowly getting there.

Looks very nice!I'll be watching this!

Thanks~

Don't mean to advertise but if you need Gen 4 OWs in 16x32 you can always use my resource which could be found here.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm happy with how Lilac's sprites look. I feel like they really fit in with the tiles I'm using rather than 4th-gen sprites in 3rd-gen style.

From looking the screenshot the gym type is either Fairy or Psychic.

I didn't know that Psychic types had an affinity for hearts lol

Also, I'll be coming out with an update in the next few days. I'm almost done with a pretty cool area which I'm really happy about.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I didn't know that Psychic types had an affinity for hearts lol

Also, I'll be coming out with an update in the next few days. I'm almost done with a pretty cool area which I'm really happy about.

I also said Fairy type :laugh-squinted:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
based on your screenshots, I have a feeling that you are going to use the johto starters. If so, I highly suggest making meganium a fairy type to give it a bit more move coverage, as meganium suffers from a limited move pool

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Another couple of weeks, another couple of screenshots~

[CENTRE]
fCZiuk8.png
YIGXMtG.png
wdnTSrd.png
[/CENTRE]

This is Ivy Forest, the first proper dungeon in Pokemon Lilac. While it looks peaceful, there are scores of trainers waiting to challenge you. The forest itself is also arrayed against you, as poison ivy litters the floor and will damage your party if you step on it.

[CENTRE]
TB1UjIP.png
yE4XkbP.png
ZWaX252.png
[/CENTRE]

Oh dear, what could be going on here?

Finally, I'd like to put out a call for anybody who's good at making trainer battle sprites. I'm fine at editing sprites, but scratch spriting is beyond me. I'm looking for somebody who can make a few gym leader sprites in 4th gen style plus possibly a few other minor things. In exchange, I'd be happy to help you out in other areas of ROM hacking, such as making some advanced scripts or really dope maps. Just hit me up with an example of your work if you're interested.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Holy simoly, its been 6 months since I last updated this thing. I took some time off around the end of 2018/ beginning of 2019 as that's the busiest time of year for my work by far and to also judge HotY (which was fun, but damn long). In terms of Lilac though, I haven't made any major progression storywise. I've mainly been going over previous areas to spruce them up and to make the game flow better in terms of difficulty and progression. Its basically just been boring stuff that doesn't make for interesting screenshots or things you've already seen before, only tweaked slightly.

That being said, there has been one major change that may excite a few of you. During my downtime, I was brainstorming things to keep the game interesting and for it to not just be 'FR Hack #8807'. While it may be strange to do it when I've barely gotten past the first gym, its better to come up with this stuff now rather than later. After much umming and ahhing I've decided to introduce Fakemon into Lilac's Pokedex. While I'm sure that many watchers may recoil at the idea of Fakemon, hopefully my assurance that they will look nice, be balanced and provide reasonable challenges at opportune moments will sway your opinion. These Fakemon aren't Quartz-tier stuff from 2006.

I think I'll leave you all with this teaser for the starters that I'll show in next week's update.

[CENTRE]
pyPogKs.png
[/CENTRE]

If anybody manages to guess all of the animals that these three are based on, idk what I'll do, but I'll do something nice. Happy hacking~

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Will only the starters be fakemon or will you design an entire dex full of them?

Back