• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    This hack is really good.
    ive been watching it a while and it has come a far way.

i did notice some glitches though,
    -in azalea town,whn you jump off the cliff by kurts house,you can land on the sign
    -in cinnawood gym,you can walk onto one of the tiles by where you puseh the blocks that you shouldnt be able to.

and a question,,i went to the tin tower after ive betten TR in goldenrod,and i cant seem to get to suicune,a little help?(or you can keep it secretxD)

DEIT:nevermind'you are great at planning these events!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm having some glitches with red rain and black snow....
    There are very few map/script errors though.
    Still playing it...

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • No lapras? Hm, a Tentacruel will do for a water type then. Are stones available throughout the game?

Yep stones are availiable throught the game.

Sweet, I'll leave a few days incase of a bugs update patch :)

And @ Pounder, the glitch is on the stairs of the far left building, am I wrong ?
    actually no, thats not what I was talking about...but that tile error happenned when I overlapped a tile over it by accident :P
    Ill fix it on friday. well spotted though. error I was talking about is one of the trees I started drawing to the map never got finished.

This game is really good. I'm planning to make a Johto remake but it probably won't be as good as this! Also what is that tower on route 42?

play and you'll see, good luck on your Johto remake, PLEASE remake silver :P

-in azalea town,whn you jump off the cliff by kurts house,you can land on the sign
    -in cinnawood gym,you can walk onto one of the tiles by where you puseh the blocks that you shouldnt be able to.

and a question,,i went to the tin tower after ive betten TR in goldenrod,and i cant seem to get to suicune,a little help?(or you can keep it secretxD)
    Go to the ruins of alph, there's an event in one of the chambers (I'm not saying what chamber)

I'm having some glitches with red rain and black snow....
    Still playing it...

weather effects are just messed up, but the actual rain and things work fine...I guess laz can set those to the working weather effects when he's ready.

Pingouin_7

- Our Rival's sprite is weird on the name select screen.
    - If you go back to Route 29 from Cherrygrove, a weird tree line appears on the side of the screen.
    - If you go back and forth a ot of times from a place the rain and snow becomes black and yellow.
    - Pokécenter's top floor is VERY BUGGY tile wise.
    - The guy on Route 30 asks you to look out his Berry Tree. There is no Berry Tree.
    - When you walk up after beating Zane, an exclamation mark appears when you walk up.
    - Your head dissapears when you go under the PC at Mr. Pokémon's House.

Not sure if they have been mentionned alerady (The first one should alerady have been.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I like all the sprites so far except the Zane sprite... looks awfully wierd. Other than that great job! Though I think your newest backsprite is better than the current one =).

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Hum...

- If you go back to Route 29 from Cherrygrove, a weird tree line appears on the side of the screen.
    - If you go back and forth a ot of times from a place the rain and snow becomes black and yellow.
    - The guy on Route 30 asks you to look out his Berry Tree. There is no Berry Tree.
    - When you walk up after beating Zane, an exclamation mark appears when you walk up.

Not sure if they have been mentionned alerady (The first one should alerady have been.)

In order -
    Rivals Sprite will be fixed next Beta
    Map changing, when leaving a town, happens in Shiny Gold too and other hacks..it's unfixable and normal
    Weather effects' pallettes are effected somehow. But There are solutions.
    Top part of center isn't that important. But I'm guessing it will be fixed.
    yeah...I noticed the "no berry tree" today.
    Exclamation is supposed to do that after Zane.
    Thats problem at mr pokemons crib, is a Tile behavior problem. It's fixable.

MetaRidley15

GSC Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    Hi, just thought I would point out a funny glitch. I was in the Violet City pokemon center, went up to the second floor. I thought "this isn't buggy!". I walked down the stairs and out the door and I was in Mahogany Town. I couldn't get back. Whoops :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well, so far I stopped at the first route after I got my starter...
    It's good so far but I have these to report, so sorry about that. :P
    Spoiler:

well, anyways, I wish ye good luck with this project~

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i didnt get to play it too much but no bug contest?!?! nor a lapras event?!?!?! ಠ_ಠ.....*plays anyway* say is there any other way to get lapras though??? and then how do you get the sun stone?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Yeah and if you want reference for how loud it should be... listen to the other battle remixes. You should hear the trumpet over the synth.

Ok. thanks i will do.

in the first town go all the way to the bottem left you can walk through trees. and when you battle the trainer who was battleing the other guy it's all stupid writing like aquares. and the house you see prof oak in. that area all in the top right theres some small map glitch or what ever lol but other that that its nice. also... sandstormes ??? lol i got a lot of them but where was the sand coming from ?

Thanks for the glitches. the sandstorms come from noware. if people like i will change them to fog? if i do then there will be a few map errors on most maps :(

This is the greatest hack i ever played!
    I noticed it as soon as i saw the boot screen
    And its so full of surprices!!
    Its twice as good as shiny gold!
    (no offence, zel, but this game is very complete)

thanks. no comment on SG from me ;-)

One other thing that I just found annoying, was every trainer seems to have Super Potion. It's like, what's the meaning of downing your enemy if every trainer has a super potion?

well i did that to make the battles harder and longer. without them it is too easy for me.

ok, so I'm in the Mahogany gym right now, but whenever the trainer just before Pryce challenges me, the screen goes black and the music plays, but nothing happens :S, any chance of a fix on that?

yes. there is a chance lol. for some reason i couldnt do anything about it. i might have to just remove him :(

A slight problem..
    I went into Violet PC
    went upstairs to take a look..
    come down from Violet PC..
    walked out, and I was in Mahogany?
    Explanation Please? ;o,o.
    Other than that, this hack is awesome.

yes. the upstairs of the pokecenters will be gone in the next beta as they dont function. i will place a center where you can trade and battle with vba link. maybe in goldenrod like the japanese crystal?

when i run this rom on my M3 real it doesn't get pass the white screen with the GBA logo. This also happened with Shiney gold or any good hack >.<

anyone know anything about this?

hmm. i think you need to do something to the romheader. im not sure though as i dont play them on a flash card.

Bug. In olivine, in the 2 houses behind the lighthouse, if you go behind them and right you get to some strange area. In that strange area, it looks like you have walk-through-walls powers.

lol. its probably just a permission error. i'll fix it.

just a few opinions... well you should try and see if you cold change if you dont have 2 pokemon u cant double battle... in azalea lol it was funny but more frustrating i came out with 2 quilava and then go to see my items and i had 2 lvl 5 eggs fighting... i beat the ledyba ofe the first trainer and i lost...

and i was riding my bike... and the girl's face popeed out and some pokemon face popped out... and yea not too bad uh and anything else... hmm no guess not...

you should also see if you can take out the sandstrom lmao
    helix forest is also in kanto...

otherwise this game is amazing...
    better than shiny gold...

and NO BUG CATCHING CONTEST NOOO!!!!!

will there be a safari zone then? you should try both make the game as long as possible

and try to make every pokemon be caught...

last but not least...

when we beat the champion, post our hall of fame pics up i have a tem full of my favorite pokemon up and im ecruteak... Good job on this hack very official nice tiles music (except route 29) and yeah i hope we can trade safely without us getting glitched...

i want a pikachu : ( lol im gonna get one too >

well the bug catching contest isnt in this beta and neither the safari zone.

ok well....I've been busy redoing the tileset and pallettes
    so here it's around 50% done.
    Spoiler:

Laz, I got the pokemart and center done

Edit - OMG my map has a tile error.. barely noticable.

that looks amazing. good work on the PC and mart.

No its under the third exit of ice cave. Also whats in the tower???? i need to play now...

the tower is something pointless that i added. its not gonna be avalibe for a whilr though :P

Finally!, I just entered the page and the game is there!!! Aleluliah!
    Could you told me some of the extras or different things that the Beta 2 will have?

The only thing I don't like is the Red Gyarados of the lake, I mean, not the battle sprite but the one in the lake, it's so gray and not terrifing... BTW, you said it would swim across the lake! , please, put it in in the next beta!

P.S: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

extras i will keep secret :P. about the OW. that grey one is SG's gayrados. i put it in becuase i didnt have my own. i have the sprite now but havent inserted it.

This game is awesome! I love how you threw in the random scripts like when Elm said "What the hell was that?!" I love the tiles and palettes because they're bright =).

If I ever do make a hack, do you mind if I used your old tiles (not the new ones Zeikku is making)?

i think that could be aranged XD. that extra script was actully a bug that i couldnt fix when i started in 2007 lol. but when i could fix it i thought i would keep it.

No lapras? Hm, a Tentacruel will do for a water type then. Are stones available throughout the game?

stones are avalible from a seller. not saying where. laypris will be in the patch.

This game is really good. I'm planning to make a Johto remake but it probably won't be as good as this! Also what is that tower on route 42?

read the post about the tower a rew quoates up.

DEIT:nevermind'you are great at planning these events!

XD. thanks again for bugs.

I'm having some glitches with red rain and black snow....
    Still playing it...

thats a pallete loading issue. i have no idea where to start though :(

Hum...

zeikku has quoted the questions but there is a tree in the guys house. on the left of the entrance door. also the exclimation mark i was gonna remove but i think i left it. the map error is actully due to how the berry trees work. im not explaining it becuase it might give away the method of how it works XD.

yeah i already sent u a private message on that and yeahh the game is very exciting but ...
    NO BUG CONTEST!!!!

contest wont be in this beta or the next. probably the third. you will find out why when beta 3 is released :P

Too early to post HOF shot?

what is HOF btw?

Hi, just thought I would point out a funny glitch. I was in the Violet City pokemon center, went up to the second floor. I thought "this isn't buggy!". I walked down the stairs and out the door and I was in Mahogany Town. I couldn't get back. Whoops

yea. again the upstairs will be gone in the new patch released tomorow.

well, so far I stopped at the first route after I got my starter...
    It's good so far but I have these to report, so sorry about that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

well, anyways, I wish ye good luck with this project~

thanks dude. im dyslexic so there are quite a few text errors. the weather changes randomly so yea its on purpose.

i didnt get to play it too much but no bug contest?!?! nor a lapras event?!?!?! ?_?.....*plays anyway* say is there any other way to get lapras though??? and then how do you get the sun stone?

the lapris will be availible in the patch released tomorow. the sun stone is on the floor somewhere LOL but also all stones can be bought unlimited times from somewhere im not sdaying. you'll just have to explore.

update: patch release will be tomorow with all or most bugs reported fixed. just to say ive already started doing more of kanto. route 5 is done and cerulean is about 35% done. they wont be avalibe in the patch though.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Want the error list thus far(Basically up to Mahogany and through the Rocket Hideout)?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • yes please. in a pm would be good thanks. i'll fix them and release a patch tomorow i hope.

link

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • HI!. Ok, I have the MOTHER OF BUGS!!!! .
    iI asked you about it before, perhaps you didn't understand me, sp, I made a Youtube Video with them. Every bug that I could find, I will make them in video to help you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CxOwDUcXq0

I love your hack, ah, and the Zane sprite, I don't like it, it appears to be made in Paint! xD I'm sure you could do better things, for example, Axel sprite is WONDERFUL!

The mother of bugs is the second one!:)

Ah, and as a suggestion:please, change the berry trees!!! xDD, they are just... hMm... they doesn't fit!.
    And the rival battle sprite, could you make it more agressive?, I mean, like a real rival! But I love the outfit he has. And please, the Eusine sprite, the gym leaders sprites, especially the one of Ecruteak... YOU COULD MAKE IT BETTER!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    HOF = Hall Of Fame. I kinda had like, all of yesterday free from uni, so instead of doing work like I usually do, I decided to play this :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back