• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    That new minigame looks really sweet, and I'm drooling at the thought of blackjack! I have a few questions though. Is the TM minigame randomized? Also, will you tell us where the minigame's at, or is that for us to find out?

Also, I think you should put some rare items in there that would be a low find rate, like rare candy or nugget. You could even go as far as putting in another Masterball with an extremely low find rate. Just a thought...

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • I was just thinking of different decks in styles, such as play with a Thunder Deck, a Fire Deck and etc... but ah well

Everyone loves BlackJack and everyone knows how to play it also, I know I'd play it for quite a bit lol :)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Kanto Gym Battle Remix is almost done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHOcF1u83k

great work magnius. keep it up.

By far the greatest thing I've played. Even better than the original Crystal, and I'm only at the point of Goldenrod. (Just got the Plain Badge) and am loving it extremely! I also have a question and apologise if it's been answered. Who is "Zane?" He seems pretty cool and I'm assuming he's your own custom character. But, does he have any back-story or anything? Just like to get some insight. :)

zane is a chacater i added yes. he has no backstory atm.

That's good Magnius. I can help with the looping because I'm pretty good at it now. Just an offer.

that would be good.

That new minigame looks really sweet, and I'm drooling at the thought of blackjack! I have a few questions though. Is the TM minigame randomized? Also, will you tell us where the minigame's at, or is that for us to find out?

Also, I think you should put some rare items in there that would be a low find rate, like rare candy or nugget. You could even go as far as putting in another Masterball with an extremely low find rate. Just a thought...

well theres a clue in the video to where it is. in the beggining xD. it is random how you get the items. its 50% tm, 40% nothing and 10% statbooster.

so does this mean there isnt all 16 badges if theres only 5 cities?

no. in the latest beta there is only 5 badges avalible. in the new beta thats gonne be released will have all the badges. all 16 :P

I was just thinking of different decks in styles, such as play with a Thunder Deck, a Fire Deck and etc... but ah well

Everyone loves BlackJack and everyone knows how to play it also, I know I'd play it for quite a bit lol :)

i would play it for ages myself too. xd. i wonder what the prizes could be.

updates: nothing much. just working on the todo list xD

link

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Wow! This is excellent! This game has the potential to be the best remake ever!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    WoW, you are really active link.
    I'd like to know if there are any news about the X mode ( or and X version ).
    Awesome job man =)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • thanks guys. there is some news. ive scrapped the idea of a second playthrough for now. the new mode will be called challenge mode. its the equlvilant to SGs x version. you get to choose at the beggining.

edit: just to say that this challenge mode is a HUGE lot of work. ive started it already but it really is alot of work. i have to go over practilly everything and change it.

edit2: there wont be anything really extra from playing the challenge mode. just higher leveled trainer battles. the wild pokemon battles wont be affected. is it really worth doing it?

edit3: ok. ive offically given up on that idea for now lol. maybe i'll resume it fro beta 3 but definitly not for beta 2.

link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    Hey this is a great hack. I'm holding off on playing it until beta 2 comes out (because it looks amazing!) and I was wondering a couple of things. How do pokemon evolve that would traditonally involve a trade (ex.Abra and Onix) Lastly, do you think its possible to add a short sidequest involving Mewtwo. Like once you beat the Kanto Elite 4, you could receive an invitation that takes you to a random island where you battle against top trainers. The winner of those events get to battle Mewtwo? (something similar to the first movie.)

Pokémon Trainer Kenta

Pokémon Master of Johto
    Years
  • Sorry if this has been stated before, but I somehow lost the Plain Badge. I realised this right at the point of needing to use strength in Cianwood that it had been gone. Not even on my Trainer Card. And yes, I did make sure Whitney gave it to me after crying. It just dissapeared somehow. Help would be apprciated on this.

EDIT: Is there suppose to be a Ralts that can show up in route 30?

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer Kenta

Pokémon Master of Johto
    Years
  • Alright I found out what the problem is. I restarted the game and just beat Whitney. Instead of giving you the Plain Badge, she gives you Morty's Fog badge. I don't know why or how, but I at least found out the problem. I now know that you eventually get it anyways.

Also, in addition to the Ralts on route 30, I found a Swablu. Odd to see Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto region. :mudkip;):

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) Not all are mine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I don't think that Challenge Mode is worth it if it'll be that much work. When I played ShinyGold I used the real version because in my opinion that version is hard enough. It would be cool if you could put the 2 versions on the same ROM though.

Also, for the 1st minigame, how about you make the odds 50% TM, 40% nothing, 9% statbooster, and 1% really rare item? You could even go down to 0.001% chance for Masterball. Of course these numbers are just estimates, but you get the idea!

Last edited:

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
    Years
  • what kind of differences does it have to shiny gold, just asking as I've just completed shiny and cba to play it again just yet lol :p

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • So, you are planning to make an X version, link. I wonder what kind of differences it'll have since you say there's so much work involved ('cuz in my case it's just one or two days of editing trainers' lineups :P), I think it may have been better to have both modes in the same game (the hard mode enabled after finishing the game normally first), it would have been a change from what we already know, but meh, as you want :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back