• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Meteor 2 [v1.3.12]

Years
  • Introduction:
    An RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials fangame project, by bravestbat.

Plot Summary:
    Pokémon Meteor 2 takes place in a fictional region known as Fuso. The player lives in the island of South Fuso, forced to work in its harrowing mines. Your goal: defect into Fuso City and settle an old grudge with your rival. This is easier said than done however, as law enforcement is more than eager to toss defectors into Crook Island Prison!

Pokémon Meteor 2 differs from traditional Pokémon games as it does not follow the traditional Gym-Elite 4 structure. Instead, this game features a heavily story-driven plot, while retaining the same battle system and mechanics from the franchise. This game is a sequel to a previous project of mine, but is otherwise a standalone story.

Download:
    Demo 1.3.12 has been released! Download here.
    README of gameplay changes: Readme.txt.

Features:
    • original story, characters, and world
    • challenging boss fights
    • day-night system
    • Elite Battle System
    • following Pokémon
    • Gen 4-style graphics
    • move tutors
    • radial menu
    • some game mechanics changes (see "README.txt")

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Videos:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Credits can also be found in "credits.txt" or viewed in-game.

If you haven't already been credited or have any similar concerns,
    please do not hesitate to contact me via email: [email protected].

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm...that is strange. I just tested on a separate computer and the map fully shows, so that's the first time I've seen this happen. Might be an issue with how your computer is reading the tileset, but I am honestly not sure.

Have you tried a new game file again and seeing if the tileset / map appears? Also can you check in Graphics/Tilesets and see if the file "tileset_intérieur.png" is there (send me a screenshot of the folder contents)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hmm...that is strange. I just tested on a separate computer and the map fully shows, so that's the first time I've seen this happen. Might be an issue with how your computer is reading the tileset, but I am honestly not sure.

Have you tried a new game file again and seeing if the tileset / map appears? Also can you check in Graphics/Tilesets and see if the file "tileset_intérieur.png" is there (send me a screenshot of the folder contents)?
    Annotation 2020-02-25 201900.png
    I think its here but when I bring up my save it doesn't show.

Years
  • Ah. I think I see the problem. The file namings are not quite right. For some reason, your "tileset_intérieur" and "tileset_extérieur" are both missing an "r". Just add an "r" after the é (i.e. "tileset_extéieur" --> "tileset_extérieur", and "tileset_intéieur" --> "tileset_intérieur"). It should work I think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ah. I think I see the problem. The file namings are not quite right. For some reason, your "tileset_intérieur" and "tileset_extérieur" are both missing an "r". Just add an "r" after the é (i.e. "tileset_extéieur" --> "tileset_extérieur", and "tileset_intéieur" --> "tileset_intérieur"). It should work I think.
    Annotation 2020-02-25 214955.png
    I did that but the game still looks like this.
    Annotation 2020-02-25 214956.png

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    im gonna take a guess and say the game this is a sequel to is simply titled pokmeon meteor? sry for likely obvious/stupid guess, just wanted to know in the event i wanted to play it first which i likely would if its still available

Years
  • You are right, I had an older RMXP project titled Pokémon Meteor. It wasn't released to the public, and it being my first game I developed has a lot of bugs and issues. I may consider releasing it in the future.

That said, Meteor 2 takes place 9 years after Meteor. There is little carryover between the two games, so you don't have to play Meteor to understand Pokémon Meteor 2!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh and does losing to the chief at the beginning actually do anything? i know the initial post said it was story driven but unsure if what the chief said would actually happen if u lose

Years
  • Losing battles is pretty much like in the real games. If you lose to the Chief - or any other NPC for that matter - you "black out" and get teleported to the last Pokemon Center you used (or your home, if you haven't used a Pokemon Center). You'll have to battle them again and defeat them to proceed with the story.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    where can i get satchel charges? i used the only one i found to progress the plot and i need another to continue :/ i didnt notice a mart anywhere either and the black market guy in the cave didnt sell any..............

on a side note is it just me or are the items found in the mines randomly generated much akin to mystery dungeon? cuz ive actually scored pretty lucky finding a eviolite, rocky helmet and lucky egg the latter 2 werent there in my first trip thru the mines

EDIT nvm i didnt realize they were a key item >.<

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Satchel Charge is a Key Item (check your bag), so you shouldn't need another. Once you obtained the Satchel Charge, you can just select the breakable rock and it will explode.

I wouldn't say "random", but new items (and Trainers!) will spawn in some areas after certain checkpoints in the story. :)

Last edited:

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Wait...
    I'm developing Pokemon Meteor
    Did you come up with the idea yourself?
    Not to offend or anything

EDIT: Nvm just saw it's a sequel...
    Sorry

Years
  • Haha, it must be coincidental since I haven't heard of your project before! My name "Meteor" was chosen partially because of the Draconid people (who are known as the "Meteor people" in Japanese). The game revolves around some of Rayquaza's lore and the arrival of a peculiar meteor. And yes, Meteor 2 is a sequel to my original (unreleased) Meteor project.

Good luck on your game!

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Oh, I named mine for the same reason. I thought I could build on Jirachi being the creator of the dyoxys meteor

Back