• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon MindCrystal

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
Why when we enter to the pokemon league the character it moves by itself?

This is one of the chalenges, we need to defeat all the Elite 4 with our 6 pokemons without healing them during and between battles with objects :)
I was surprised too the first time, I though it was impossible ... that's what I though :)

Questions to the community (My ROM version is 3.02),
How do I get Rotom ? I need one to make a "proper" team. Is it in the game ?

In fact, do we have a pokemon location file and an object location file somewere ? There is some TM that I didn't find yet because they are not in the same place as the original rom.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Timoris

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2021
Just telling (or rather implying by omission) that the premise doesn't make sense as far as in-game trainers are concerned is not gonna cut it.

You'll have to provide a sensible reason as to WHY does Set battle style make sense in some cases (Battle Frontier Trainers for example) and not in others (in-game Trainers), all the while being as objective as possible.

You can't be serious. You want something in the in game world to make sense? That's like asking why do you black out after all your Pokemon faint, why don't the enemy trainers do the same? Why do you live in a world where everyone's free of care and let 10 year olds run around and fight each other with dangerous monsters? Why is there always a crime syndicate that exist in a world with guns but never utilizes them, at least not against you, their biggest threat. IT'S A GAME. Battle frontier has forced set style to make it more difficult as that's the entire idea of Battle Frontier. But it's entirely optional, just like the option of having set or switch style battles at any point in the game. The creators of the game understood something that you clearly don't; when you make a game for other people to play, you can't apply your own personal bias's and flawed ideas just cause you think that's the way it's supposed to be. Not everyone cares or wants to play it your specific way, some people just want to play an older version game that has some of the newer additions. By forcing people to play it a certain way, you've now made the game unplayable for more casual players who could care less for your difficulty spikes. To force your own personal bias's onto anyone who plays your game with no care that some people might want to play the game the way it was MEANT to be played, shows that you don't understand the very basic rules of successful game design, as you have to take other people's game play styles into account. It's nonsensical to say that the way the game programmers programmed the game for every single generation, is cheating. Cause not only in every single generation is it optional, the default style is switch. That's the way it's meant to be played, to say it's cheating is silly. So maybe you can make this rom playable for everyone and take out your bias's, or just prove further that you don't care by failing to see and rectify your mistakes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
This is Meromero's rom, and they have final authority over every decision in the rom, regardless of wether the justification for those decisions are valid or not. If you wanted to you could export all data that makes this rom unique except for the set-style being locked, this does not mean the author has to do this if they do not want to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2021
This is Meromero's rom, and they have final authority over every decision in the rom, regardless of wether the justification for those decisions are valid or not. If you wanted to you could export all data that makes this rom unique except for the set-style being locked, this does not mean the author has to do this if they do not want to.

That's what I said in my post, they have the option to fix it or not. I have a right to criticize their work just like they have the right to ignore me and do whatever they want with it. And I considered doing that, I've done something like that before because I wanted to play blaze black without the annoying gym battles. But there's no way to justify taking away the players option to have it on set or not, or calling switch style cheating, and I can't just sit here when the author clearly thinks they have a justification when they don't. And even if I fixed it for myself no one else would be able to benefit from it. It would be better if the author did it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
1. IT'S A GAME.

2. Battle frontier has forced set style to make it more difficult as that's the entire idea of Battle Frontier. But it's entirely optional, just like the option of having set or switch style battles at any point in the game.

3. The creators of the game understood something that you clearly don't; when you make a game for other people to play, you can't apply your own personal bias's and flawed ideas just cause you think that's the way it's supposed to be.

4. Not everyone cares or wants to play it your specific way, some people just want to play an older version game that has some of the newer additions.

5. By forcing people to play it a certain way, you've now made the game unplayable for more casual players who could care less for your difficulty spikes.

6. You don't understand the very basic rules of successful game design, as you have to take other people's game play styles into account.

I separated your unnecessarily long rant into sentences, like it should be, if you expect people to actually read them.

1. Exactly! It's also not YOUR game. You want a game to be how you want, make one yourself.

2. Surely by now, you've realized the majority of rom hacks are SUPPOSED to be difficult. If you so please, use cheats. No one's stopping you. I, for one enjoy the change. Your opinion versus mine

3, And the OP understands that his motive for the game's design doesn't revolve around a single nuisance. But, judging by your username, you already knew that. Also, your own bias is showing by your comment. Double standard much?

4. All the more reason to try another game. Since you like everything easy, try Gen 2. His game, his rules. Deal with it.

5. Unplayable? More like, more challenging. It's not like he threw Lv 50 Pokemon with competitive movesets in the first gym. It's very much playable. You just don't want to take the time to grind.

6. And you don't give a flying crap about what he wants in his game. Ask yourself: Why would he listen to me if I'm being obnoxious when not getting my way.

Please though, do respond to this. I'll enjoy putting you in your place.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2021
I separated your unnecessarily long rant into sentences, like it should be, if you expect people to actually read them.

1. Exactly! It's also not YOUR game. You want a game to be how you want, make one yourself.

2. Surely by now, you've realized the majority of rom hacks are SUPPOSED to be difficult. If you so please, use cheats. No one's stopping you. I, for one enjoy the change. Your opinion versus mine

3, And the OP understands that his motive for the game's design doesn't revolve around a single nuisance. But, judging by your username, you already knew that. Also, your own bias is showing by your comment. Double standard much?

4. All the more reason to try another game. Since you like everything easy, try Gen 2. His game, his rules. Deal with it.

5. Unplayable? More like, more challenging. It's not like he threw Lv 50 Pokemon with competitive movesets in the first gym. It's very much playable. You just don't want to take the time to grind.

6. And you don't give a flying crap about what he wants in his game. Ask yourself: Why would he listen to me if I'm being obnoxious when not getting my way.

Please though, do respond to this. I'll enjoy putting you in your place.

Oh, so if a sentence isn't in a perfect little listed format with spaces it's no longer a sentence? Try looking up the word sentence in a dictionary maybe you'll be enlightened to new information. Also I haven't even played this ROM as I was turned off by it being forced set. Did I say it was my game, did you not see the line where I said the author has every right to ignore me? Looks like someone didn't even read the comments or discussion he was responding to. I don't mind difficulty spikes and grinding if their reasonable, but taking away a simple option is unreasonable; those who want to play set can have it on set, and those who don't can turn it off. Set is just annoying and inconvenient; I prefer to battle efficiently as possible. On a further note I don't cheat to give myself an advantage, if a mod is so hard I can't beat it from grinding i'd rather play a different mod than cheat. And yes unplayable for some people, as other people were clearly turned away from this mod after finding out it was set style. I never said I myself wanted everything easy, I could care less if there are difficulty spikes as long as their reasonable, neither am I some hardcore gamer who wants to have to play at competitive level strats and grind for hours in order to win. But I don't like being forced to play set when the author could've just left that optional, and wants an in game logical reason to make it optional. Sure I care about what he wants, all I'm asking is to make battle style optional again, that hardly changes the game. Furthermore, maybe you need to learn to talk to people with some actual respect. It's not about getting my way, it's about taking out an optional choice that would turn away some players. People who wanted to play set would play set and people who don't wouldn't have to, thus making it more playable for a wider audience. Something that you clearly fail to grasp, not surprising as your reply is amazingly ignorant and just as arrogant and rude. People read my comments just fine, have you read a book lately, they're just like this, but if you want people to care about a single word you say try being less toxic and rude. Ask yourself; who's the one ranting here when you post a line like this."Please though, do respond to this. I'll enjoy putting you in your place. " You sound like a teenager who gets off on ranting on forums trying to put other people down to make yourself feel like a 'big strong man'. I was being objective in my posts but I guess you want to take personal offense judging by the blatant toxicity of your post. Please, don't reply, as you'll only make yourself look like more of a foolish troll, and no one cares to see your rantings about how you're a sadist.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
This isn't so much a civil debate as it is an aggressive flame-war.
Appropriate actions will be taken from here on out. This thread is not the place for this behavior

GAH YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME MODERATE AAAAAAA

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
Oscario, i know for sure the exp gain cheats work, i used the 200x exp cheat to help with the revamped league because you don't get time to heal

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
Also, yes i know it kinda sorta has been asked but are all legendaries gen 1-4 catchable in game besides raikou, entei, suicune, ho-oh, lugia, and the kanto legends besides mew? Because i have found already that some soul silver cheats do absolutely nothing, especially bag cheats and cheats that give you a pokemon from the green delivery dude

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
The IV/EV marking codes don?t work with this game either. It would be nice if someone could find the values and where they?re located in the memory and post them here. I just want to be able to play on a leveled playing field. In the beginning of the game, your rival and starting route trainers absolutely destroy you. You?re sort of forced to grind extensively and over level by 5 to overcome them; sometimes that?s not enough for important trainers either that use high base power moves and competitive movesets.

I don?t mind this kind of difficulty, you?re just too artificially hampered and disadvantaged in the beginning and first half of the game. Especially since you can?t use items. At least allow us to match the EV thresholds better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
The IV/EV marking codes don?t work with this game either. It would be nice if someone could find the values and where they?re located in the memory and post them here. I just want to be able to play on a leveled playing field. In the beginning of the game, your rival and starting route trainers absolutely destroy you. You?re sort of forced to grind extensively and over level by 5 to overcome them; sometimes that?s not enough for important trainers either that use high base power moves and competitive movesets.

I don?t mind this kind of difficulty, you?re just too artificially hampered and disadvantaged in the beginning and first half of the game. Especially since you can?t use items. At least allow us to match the EV thresholds better.

If you look at the section under stats, it says that IVs have no effect on your stats (all stats are calculated assuming an IV of 31) so marking for IVs would be wasted

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
If you look at the section under stats, it says that IVs have no effect on your stats (all stats are calculated assuming an IV of 31) so marking for IVs would be wasted

EVs don?t work either. But I managed to circumvent my previous complaint at some point. The max money code allows you to buy the vitamins and cap out your Pok?mon?s BST potential, once you reach Goldenrod City.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
I m just wondering can you use like the all items codes and stuff? Because ive tried it Several times and im playing on Android btw

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
Hello guys.

Please, can someone post the list of pokemons at evolve with trade, but with other methodos here. I'm cant decide because I dont know that details.

Kadabra? Rhydon? Haunter? Magmar?

Thanks for that future help!

Years
I know that after the total warfare that happened comments ago, you probably won't change or even respond someone complaining about this, but wouldn't be fair to make battle style optional again, but removing the line that says "trainer x is about to send [pokemon name]"? If you think that is the unfairness of switch style, this is a simple workaround that is effective and change a lot, without the need to force some people to play on set mode every time.
It's not hard to do this, but it would be better if you do since it's your work, and the forced battle style is not as easy and is something that is turning people off. And it's an awesome workaround, just look for Pokemon Rutile Ruby on YouTube to see how it works in game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
This is the best 4th Gen hack around, bar none. You?ve done amazing things with your code injection skills that no one else thought of or could do. I hope you decide to come back one day and finish it. Don?t mind the critics, if the hack?s philosophy isn?t to their liking, they can just play something else, something generic lol.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 11, 2021
Currently I'm facing a problem where the secret medicine isn't being given to me even though I talked to the gym leader in the lighthouse, is this a glitch?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Currently I'm facing a problem where the secret medicine isn't being given to me even though I talked to the gym leader in the lighthouse, is this a glitch?

That is pretty weird. Have you beaten Chuck (the fighting gym leader) yet? That may get things working (I was able to get the secret medicine after beating Chuck and speaking to the gym leader in the lighthouse).

Last edited:
Back