• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Hack Name:
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Justice

Hack of:
    Pokémon FireRed

Introduction:
    I'm SSJ4 Furanki, I'm currently doing 2 hacks now. This and DarkCopper, I've been playing Explorers of Sky and I wanted to make a hack with the same basic concept.

Storyline:
    You've been living with your mom until the day Mr. Sceptile accepts you for a Exploration Team within his guild. You get paired up with his son Treecko. Chaos has broken into some parts of the region. Total darkness has engulfed the region making all day seem like Nighttime, but there's a cause for this. The Time Gears are in their proper places and Wigglytuff's guild has made sure of this.

Features:
    - HG/SS Pokémon Overworlds.
    - Relive Mystery Dungeon with the main games battle system.
    - Possibly new music.
    - Pokémon pictures come with dialouge for most characters.
    - Some 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Generation Pokémon and dome Fakémon too.
    - Play as Croagunk (male) and Misdreavus (female).
    - No rival (when you name your rival you are naming Treecko).
    - All double battles for non-recruitment battles, some of both for recruitment battles.
    - You're part of a Team named Justice, the name chosen by Mr. Sceptile.
    - Custom tiles (not inserted yet).
    - Pokémon Animations.
    - Cameos from characters of real Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Games.
    - No Poké Balls.
    - Will add more.

Screenshots:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Wow, I just noticed this, and it looks pretty nice. :3
    I've always liked the MD series.
    I like the features, but I'm not sure about the "total darkness"...
    Good luck, anyway!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Wow, I just noticed this, and it looks pretty nice. :3
    I've always liked the MD series.
    I like the features, but I'm not sure about the "total darkness"...
    Good luck, anyway!
    Story or palletes? If it's pallete I'm just testing and that should change. Even in the story it'll most likely change. I'm currently just setting down the groundwork and will edit it more later.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    Question: How will team recruiting work? Will it just be pokeballs? Because I can't really see a croagunk shouting "Go, Pokeball!" and trapping one of his fellow Pokemon in a Pokeball :|

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    This is probably the best hack I've ever seen you do. Can you evolve? I've never played the MD series, therefore I wouldn't know. If you can't you should use NSE to change the backspirte to Croagunks (or Misdreavus's) back sprite. The team PIKA sprite is pretty sweet.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Question: How will team recruiting work? Will it just be pokeballs? Because I can't really see a croagunk shouting "Go, Pokeball!" and trapping one of his fellow Pokemon in a Pokeball :|
    All the Poké Balls have been blanked out. When Pokémon want to be recruited there'll be a Give Pokémon script make, the battle will happen and the Pokémon will reappear farther in the area and will ask to join you. When the battle starts instead of saying go the text says "Assemble! Pokémon 1 and Pokémon 2!" With the Pokémon 1 and 2 being replaced by the Pokémon's name of course.

This is probably the best hack I've ever seen you do. Can you evolve? I've never played the MD series, therefore I wouldn't know. If you can't you should use NSE to change the backspirte to Croagunks (or Misdreavus's) back sprite. The team PIKA sprite is pretty sweet.
    I've used tilemolester to change Croagunk's, I'll get working on Misdreavus' soon. I'm also going to use JPAN's hacked engine for this hack. Really, it's the only reason I chose Fire Red, otherwise I would've done it on Emerald like DarkCopper. You can evolve in Mystery Dungeon, but not until way later in the game. I still haven't in Explorers of Sky and I'm a Lv. 56 Riolu.

Very interesting game although starting out at level 1 is kinda really risky
    That may change too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    is there a download? becuse if there is i will play. i never liked the MD series and i want to see if like it like this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Story or palletes? If it's pallete I'm just testing and that should change. Even in the story it'll most likely change. I'm currently just setting down the groundwork and will edit it more later.
    the Palletes I'm not sure about.
    they just look gray and dull.

Years

Have you never played 'Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers' by Destindjagold? That was an MD style hack, but it still had Pokeballs. Really, it's something people could look past. The words can be changed simply with A-Text, as DJG did. (the Pokemon being sent out say something like "Ha!" or "Let's go!".
    It'll be interesting to see how an MD hack plays out with FR as a base. I've onlyever seen people use Ruby for them, so this being on FR was enough to catch my attention. Looking pretty good so far, keep it up :)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    Well it's been ages since I played it, and I never finished it, I just can't see a pokemon throw a pokeball at another, but now I know that the pokeballs are being blanked out anyway.

Years
    very interesting project, good luck with that

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I've used tilemolester to change Croagunk's, I'll get working on Misdreavus' soon. I'm also going to use JPAN's hacked engine for this hack. Really, it's the only reason I chose Fire Red, otherwise I would've done it on Emerald like DarkCopper. You can evolve in Mystery Dungeon, but not until way later in the game. I still haven't in Explorers of Sky and I'm a Lv. 56 Riolu.

That may change too.

That leads to the dilema of evolution. If Croagunk evolves, his backspirte would remain Croagunk instead of Toxicroak, if I'm not mistaken. Have you found a way around that? Same goes for Misdreavus.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    OMG you stole my idea. LOL.
    This reminds me of DJG'S RR.
    Good luck. ^^
    I did? Sorry about that.
    Actually I got the idea from playing Explorers of Sky non-stop. Plus, it's not really an idea that's tapped in too much for a hack. I remembered your example of DJG, I really enjoyed his.

That leads to the dilema of evolution. If Croagunk evolves, his backspirte would remain Croagunk instead of Toxicroak, if I'm not mistaken. Have you found a way around that? Same goes for Misdreavus.
    Yeah, I'll have to find a way around that. But, I'll make Croagunk and Misdreavus evolve via-item way late in the game to stay somewhat true to the actual Mystery Dungeon series. So, I'll have some time to figure that out.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    This looks very good! ^ ^
    I like the sprites and the overall idea! There is just one problem, Crogaunk looks waaayyyy fatter than Treeko. His back sprite's head looks twice as big as Treeko's!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    ASM. It'll do it. Good luck learning it though...
    I'm aware. But, ASM will be tough to learn. But, I'll have to learn it eventually if I want this to be really great.

This looks very good! ^ ^
    I like the sprites and the overall idea! There is just one problem, Crogaunk looks waaayyyy fatter than Treeko. His back sprite's head looks twice as big as Treeko's!
    Yeah, you're not the only one whose pointed it out, so I've gone and corrected that:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    Do you think it'll be tough to make all the Pokemon with the palette restrictions you have on the game? Or have you found a way around it?

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Do you think it'll be tough to make all the Pokemon with the palette restrictions you have on the game? Or have you found a way around it?
    Overworlds will be a challenge somewhat since there's a lot less than Emerald for that.

The team sprites will be hard once I start mixing up different species of Pokémon together. But, for the most part singular Pokémon and teams of the same species will be no problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back