• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Onyx Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Pokémon: Onyx Version

Hack by iPro.​

[INTRODUCTION]

Hello, I am iPro.(TB Pro), a fairly unknown hacker, and this is my second hack. My first hack, Pokémon: Secret Wishes Version was more or less a practice hack, and I quit it, when I left for the summer. I am now coming back, with my new hack, and I'm sure it will be better than Secret Wishes. I hope you all enjoy what I have to bring.​

[BASIC INFO]

\\ Hack Name // Base ROM // Language \\​

[AWARDS]

[STORY]

Chapter One
    [THE BEGINNING]
    In the beginning there was only one...one being started it all.
    This being is said to be the Eternal One.
    The Eternal One created it all from nothing.
    When it began, there was emptiness...an empty canvas if you will, free to be painted however the artist preferred.
    The Eternal One began by creating two beings, one of space and one of time.
    These beings, today, are known as the wonderful Dialga and Palkia.
    Palkia began with creating space, a form of....dimension, if you will, a way to "paint" in more dimensions.
    Dialga then created time, it gave things a way to change.
    The Eternal One was satisfied with Dialga and Palkia once this job was finished, he had no further use for them, so he trapped them.
    As time went on, The Eternal One grew weary of nothing, so he created two more beings, one of land, and one of water.
    These beings are know as Kyogre and Grougon, today.
    Kyogre created sea, engulfed the entire in water.
    Groudon came next, and created vast landmasses, and shaped them into continents.
    As this job was completed the Eternal One had no use for Kygre or Groudon any longer, so he banished them like he had done with Dialga and Palkia.
    He still was not happy with the world in it's current state, so he created another being, one of Flora and Fauna.
    Today, this being is known as Shaymin.
    Shaymin filled the land with many lush plants, grasses, trees, flowers, ect.
    After a while, Shaymin had filled the whole of the land with beautiful plants, and the Eternal One had no need for Shaymin anymore, so Shaymin was trapped as well.
    As time passed, the Eternal One began to think his world was still missing something, the world had light, but...no Darkness...The Eternal One created another being, one of Evil, and darkness, this being today is known as Darkrai.
    Darkrai began work at once, he cast a dark shadow all over the land, and created much darkness.
    As this was finished, the Eternal One banished Darkrai.
    He needed something to control the darkness, so he created another being, who is now known as Giratina.
    Giratina began to weave the time, darkness, space, light, and time all together to create a dimension, ready to take life.
    As this deed was completed, the Eternal One banished Giratina as well.
    Only one thing was missing on this land, and that was life, the Eternal One created another being, a being of life who is known today as Mew.
    Mew was the only being created so far, besides Shaymin, that was caring.
    Mew suddenly fell to the ground, and was injured.
    The Eternal One made a decision to create another being, one that could grant wishes, this being is known as Jirachi today.
    Jirachi was a kind, caring being, so it immediatly rushed to Mew's side to see what was wrong.
    It turned out, Mew was in a critical condition, and it made a wish to be healed, as so it was granted, and Mew quickly finished creating life on the planet.
    As Mew finished, the Eternal One was to banish Mew and Jirachi, but they rebelled, and banished the Eternal One instead.
    Jirachi went to live in a cave on a deserted island, and Mew followed.
    The two beings were safe forever...Or so they thought.

Chapter Two
    [WAY BACK WHEN]
    On one sunny day, a boy was born, he was the son of a great Pokemon trainer, he even had his own gym.
    His mother was a local Pokemon healer.
    This boy was given the name of Lance.
    He was far into his Pokemon training, far enough to get his own Pokemon, on the day of his 10th Birthday.
    This day was a great changing point, a bad one at that.
    This was the day Lance's blood was spoiled.
    His father had gone out to get young Lance his very first Pokemon.
    He decided to go catch Lance a rare Dragon type Pokemon.
    He had to venture into a dark cave to find one of the hiding dragons.
    Luckily he had brought a flashlight with him.
    As he ventured deeper and deeper into the cave, it got so dark, the flashlight began to dim.
    He kept going further and further, so he could get a Dragon Pokemon for his son.
    As he pushed on, he noticed that the darkness was beginning to encase, and trap the light, although this did not stop him.
    As he neared the deepest part of the cave, it seemed as the darkness had form, able to twist and shape around objects.
    He began to get frightened, but it was too late, the darkness swallowed him whole, engulfing him in dark matter.
    The darkness dragged him into it's source, it was a being, more black than anything on the planet, with evil glowing eyes.
    The darkness took over the mans mind, made him it's puppet.
    He ventured back to the house and gathered lance, and his mother, made them come to the cave.
    He pushed them down the tunnels to the waiting beast.
    As they reached the beast, the darkness immediatly grabbed them.
    The mother was immediatly eaten, and the father tried to put up a fight, but it was no use.
    As this was going on, lance had struggled free of the darkness.
    As he ran away, the beast show a wave of pure darkness at lance.
    It seemed to have no effect, but it granted him the ability to take control of other people's minds.
    As Lance awoke, he looked around, and wondered where he was.
    It seemed to be his neighbors house, they had agreed to take care of Lance, after they heard what happened to his parents.
    Now Lance would have been fine living this way, and would have grown up to be an Elite Four Member, but this story is not a happy one.
    Lance was nearing his 14th Birthday, when it happened.
    A man by the name of Giovanni appeared one day.
    He was apparently From the future, Or so he said, and was here to destroy lance, because he ruined all of his evil plans.
    He devised a plan to traumatize young Lance.
    He set his neighbors house on fire, and killed the only family Lance had...Lance's Pokemon was in the blaze as well.
    The only thing Giovanni had to say to lance about the matter was: "The past can always be Rewritten".
    This ordeal send Lance into a spiraling downfall of hysteria, and pain.
    He began to control the minds of other villagers and make them do evil hings for him.
    By the time he was 16, Lance had mastered this evil art.
    At that time the villagers banded together and forced Lance to move from the village.
    As this happened, lance had nothing more.
    He began roaming the land in search of ancient and powerful Pokemon.
    As time went by, he decided he needed a team to help him with his search, so he began to recruit the baddest of the bad, the meanest of the mean, until he had a sizable team--their name was the Dusk Society.

Chapter Three
    [THE SOCIETY]
    The evil mastermind Lance formed an alliance, a society, if you will.
    This "Society" had only one goal, and that was to capture all the legendairy Pokémon, and control them, use them to take over the entire universe,and kill one Darkrai.
    This is and has been for quite a long time Lance's only desire, to end the life of the one that ruined his, taking over the universe just sounded good, and what villan dosen't want to take over the universe.
    This "Society" is broken up into these parts: The Seekers, The Snatchers, And the Converters.
    The Seekers are spies to a degree, they stake out areas, and look for promising young trainers to recruit.
    Trainers with the purest hearts are best.
    The Snatchers are...well Snatchers.
    Once the Seekers find a young talent worthy of recruiting, the Snatchers seek out the trainers, and use mind control.
    They make the youngsters board a ship, and ride to the Society's Lair.
    The Converters...convert.
    Once the Snatchers have brought a young trainer to the lair, the Converters wipe their memory.
    Once the trainer wakes up, the Converters use their mind control power to convert them from good to evil, while keeping their hearts pure, this is a delicate process, so only the best of the best can be Converters.
    Once they are converted, they are sent to a room called "The Abysmal Pit".
    This room is where the pure energy from their hearts are put to use.
    They exract as much pureness out of the hearts as possible, and store it all in one Pokéball.
    This ball is known as the Dawn Ball.
    The Dawn Ball was created to help capture Mew and Jirachi, as they are too pure to captured by the Dusk Ball, the common ball used by the Dusk Society.
    Capturing Mew and Jirachi means untimate demise for the human race.
    Mew and Jirachi made this world pure in the beginning, and they could also make it unpure, if their power was in the wrong hands.
    The Society had a further plan, for when they did finally capture Mew and Jirachi.
    Once they captured them, they would be taken to a room, a special room.
    This room had a machine designed to sap the power from Mew and Jirachi, and store it in a single gem, a gem of Onyx.
    This would create an evil pure power.
    The power from an Onyx gemstone is pure and entirely evil.
    To combine these powers would create one encredibly evil power.
    This power would be great enough to destroy the entire universe.
    If the Dusk Society got their hands on this power, the world as we know it would be no more, forever.
    That is why YOU must stop them.

[FEATURES]

→Lush new Region of Hermia [Clicky]
    →Many different climates to explore
    →All new maps
    →Many new tiles
    →Breathtaking events
    →Side missions
    →Required missions

[LINKS]

First Script
    Pokédex Script
    Headbutt Trees
    Serephiny Town
    Lance Video
    New Forest Tree/More Walking Space(POST 69!!!)
    New Textboxes
    Titlescreen
    Hermia Pokéversity Campus

[MEDIA]

Screenies

- Hmm, what's this? // - Well stated.

- What!? // - I wonder...hum...

Videos

Lance Event

[TEAM]

Me→Everything
    [CREDITS]

Alistair, rhevarhe_duh, Kyledove→Tiles
    Megiddo→General Help & Support
    Zeikku→General Help & Support
    Everybody that's made a tutorial
    You→Support
    Tehtehtehteh→Logo

[BUGS/GLITCHES]
    Bad Minor Resolved

Don't lose before going to a Pokémon Center, or you'll be transported to Blaine's gym.

[RELEASES]

N/A

[SUPPORT]

Sandtoad™:

Code:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163635][IMG]https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/PokmonOnyx1.png[ /IMG][ /url]

Me:

Code:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163635][IMG]https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/OnyxUserbar.png[ /IMG][/ url]

[PROGRESS]

Mapping Serephiny Town
    Alpha Progress: //////////

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    Wow jesse it looks great :D
    the story Is awesome too, I just wish you would change the character sprite! Wait I have an idea ask $_$!
    The tiles are some of the best I've seen in a hack :D

Anyway you know I will help xD

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    TB Pro, just owned me.

Congrats.

This hack is nicely done.
    I envy that we have the same hack names.

Though good luck on this hack.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Wow jesse it looks great :D
    the story Is awesome too, I just wish you would change the character sprite! Wait I have an idea ask $_$!
    The tiles are some of the best I've seen in a hack :D

Anyway you know I will help xD
    Thanks brother, and yeah, I'll ask him after I'm back from my respite.

TB Pro, just owned me.

Congrats.

This hack is nicely done.
    I envy that we have the same hack names.

Though good luck on this hack.
    See, I told you, did I not? And thank you.

very nice, fix the border block in screen 2 ;)
    I like your custom tileset too, I'm glad it works :)
    I can't believe you didn't read the comment. :P And thanks. I'm not so fond of the tiles, in fact, I'm thinking about changing them.

Pokémon Onyx Version - Update

Type: Story~

Chapter Three
    [THE SOCIETY]
    The evil mastermind Lance formed an alliance, a society, if you will.
    This "Society" had only one goal, and that was to capture all the legendary Pokémon, and control them, use them to take over the entire universe,and kill one Darkrai.
    This is and has been for quite a long time Lance's only desire, to end the life of the one that ruined his, taking over the universe just sounded good, and what villain dosen't want to take over the universe.
    This "Society" is broken up into these parts: The Seekers, The Snatchers, And the Converters.
    The Seekers are spies to a degree, they stake out areas, and look for promising young trainers to recruit.
    Trainers with the purest hearts are best.
    The Snatchers are...well Snatchers.
    Once the Seekers find a young talent worthy of recruiting, the Snatchers seek out the trainers, and use mind control.
    They make the youngsters board a ship, and ride to the Society's Lair.
    The Converters...convert.
    Once the Snatchers have brought a young trainer to the lair, the Converters wipe their memory.
    Once the trainer wakes up, the Converters use their mind control power to convert them from good to evil, while keeping their hearts pure, this is a delicate process, so only the best of the best can be Converters.
    Once they are converted, they are sent to a room called "The Abysmal Pit".
    This room is where the pure energy from their hearts are put to use.
    They extract as much pureness out of the hearts as possible, and store it all in one Pokéball.
    This ball is known as the Dawn Ball.
    The Dawn Ball was created to help capture Mew and Jirachi, as they are too pure to captured by the Dusk Ball, the common ball used by the Dusk Society.
    Capturing Mew and Jirachi means untimate demise for the human race.
    Mew and Jirachi made this world pure in the beginning, and they could also make it unpure, if their power was in the wrong hands.
    The Society had a further plan, for when they did finally capture Mew and Jirachi.
    Once they captured them, they would be taken to a room, a special room.
    This room had a machine designed to sap the power from Mew and Jirachi, and store it in a single gem, a gem of Onyx.
    This would create an evil pure power.
    The power from an Onyx gemstone is pure and entirely evil.
    To combine these powers would create one encredibly evil power.
    This power would be great enough to destroy the entire universe.
    If the Dusk Society got their hands on this power, the world as we know it would be no more, forever.
    That is why YOU must stop them.
    Pokémon Onyx Version - Update

Type: Personal~

I am leaving in the morning for Kansas(I live on Oklahoma). My grandfather has recently passed away, and I am going up for his funeral. My father also lives in Kansas, so I will be staying with him over Christmas break, which means I will be absent for about three weeks. Yes, that also means Pokémon: Onyx will be on a three week hiatus. I will hopefully be dropping by every now and then to check up on my thread and such, so remember to comment. Thanks. Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! TB Out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh, glad to see you finally posted this! ^^
    This is definitely a hack I'm supporting~

I love the beginning video! ^^
    It's gonna be hard to pck between those two. ;~;
    I haven't read the stories yet, either.
    I don't have a lot of time, but I will read them soon. ;P

The screen shots are great. Some mistakes in the context.

And lol at your personal message: "Merry Christman"

Anyways, I wish you luck, and I'm surprised, but also impressed you are making this all by your lonesome. :3

Good luck, Jesse~

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    very very nice. :)
    the story's a bit long so I'll read it later. ;)

palletes and maps are nice, 'cept for the borders though~

well, I wish ye for the best on this hack project~

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Very impressive Jesse. A truly amazing hack. You did it alone? Nice. Well, good luck, and I hope to see even more screens ;)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hey guys, I deftly snuck on the computer before we left, and I want to answer all your questions.(It's 4 AM, so I might make some mistakes *yawn*)
    Oh, glad to see you finally posted this! ^^
    This is definitely a hack I'm supporting~

I love the beginning video! ^^
    It's gonna be hard to pck between those two. ;~;
    I haven't read the stories yet, either.
    I don't have a lot of time, but I will read them soon. ;P

The screen shots are great. Some mistakes in the context.

And lol at your personal message: "Merry Christman"

Anyways, I wish you luck, and I'm surprised, but also impressed you are making this all by your lonesome. :3

Good luck, Jesse~
    Hey thanks! Yeah, I'll beef up Poochyena to compensate for Houndour's extra type ;) Yeah, I'm sure it looks daunting, but that's alright, I wanted a sounds story base on this hack. Yeah, I know, I kinda rushed to grab some screenies, so there's bound to be errors. I'll fix them when I get back ASAP. Haha, yeah I fixed that, thanks. Aww, thanks, I prefer to do things alone, except what I Can't do on my own.

very very nice. :)
    the story's a bit long so I'll read it later. ;)

palletes and maps are nice, 'cept for the borders though~

well, I wish ye for the best on this hack project~
    Thanks :D Yeah, I get that a lot :P Thanks, and yeah, I noticed that, Argh, I'll fix that when I get back :P Thanks again!

Very impressive Jesse. A truly amazing hack. You did it alone? Nice. Well, good luck, and I hope to see even more screens ;)
    Thanks a lot dude. I sure enough did :D Thanks, and you surely will!

The history & the tiles are cool. I wish you luck. :)
    Hey, thanks!

- - -

Wow! I'm surprised. So many comments on my hack, =O I never dreamed it would be this popular :P Well, I'm off mates, I'll get back ASAP and begin work on this again. Bye~

EDIT: Hehehe, somebody commented when I was answering questions :D

The tiles are good, so are the scripts.
    I can not be better, it can only be more perfect.
    Keep it up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    You finally made the thread? I'd say it's a bad time since your away now -.-

Anywhats, good luck, and I'll always be willing to help out, Jesse ;D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hey guys I managed to sneak on here, and I'mma answer your questions.
    Hey ¿TB Pro™, nice Hack you've got there!

I like your starting script of your Hack!

And I have a question: I thought you used to Hack FR,

why do you Hack Ruby now?
    Mmm, thanks! I did used to hack FR, but I realized I liked Ruby better, because it has easier to change/more graphics, and I'm a real graphic man.
    yay the thread is up, the tiles and scripts are just awsome not to mention the maps.
    good luck !
    Heh, thanks.
    You finally made the thread? I'd say it's a bad time since your away now -.-

Anywhats, good luck, and I'll always be willing to help out, Jesse ;D
    Yeah, I know, right? Well, I'll be sneaking on from time to time, however you all have to bear with me, because this computer is deathly slow:P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well, I don't want this thread to die, now!
    Remember, I am always here to help with ANYTHING.
    Good luck, Jesse!

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Very Nice thread TB
    I like the story that you have and he new tiles and pallets make this hack enjoyable to look at
    The scripting ios well polished and well done
    But you seem to be saying Indeed alot
    hmm Indeed

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Well, I don't want this thread to die, now!
    Remember, I am always here to help with ANYTHING.
    Good luck, Jesse!
    Hohohoho, I'll keep that in mind my friend. And thanks :)

Very Nice thread TB
    I like the story that you have and he new tiles and pallets make this hack enjoyable to look at
    The scripting ios well polished and well done
    But you seem to be saying Indeed alot
    hmm Indeed
    Hehehe, why thank you. Indeed...:P I really love that word.

Hey Jesse!
    Congrats on winning the HotW!
    Whoa, I won an award...AWESOME! *puts it up on first post* Thanks a lot, it looks amazing ^_^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Glad to see your back from your trip and working on it again!
    Good luck as usual!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back