• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Onyx Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
  • Glad to see your back from your trip and working on it again!
    Good luck as usual!
    Mmm, thanks dude!

Pokémon Onyx Version - Update

Type: Personal~

As you can probably already tell, I am back from my respite, and I am ready to begin work on my hack again! It may take me a few days to get back into the hang of things, but I'll be back hacking soon. Please keep commenting and supporting, and whatever! Thanks~

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Pokémon Onyx Version - Update

Type: Graphics~

Well, today I was finally able to begin work on my hack again, and what did I do, but change the graphics around. I know you guys liked the old graphics, but I did not really care for them that much. Alas, I revamped the graphics, and I believe it has a nicer feel to it.
    Pokémon: Onyx Version

Type: Credits~

Thanks go to:
    Pounder Zeikku/Jake For the awesome Tree tile.
    Zel!x For the edited FireRed Tree tile.
    Alistair For the Grass tile.
    Myself For the palettes.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Great job Jesse! :D
    It does look a lot nicer now. ;3

Anyways, good luck~

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    This hack is pretty nice. The screens are nice, so are the tiles and palletes.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Great job Jesse! :D
    It does look a lot nicer now. ;3

Anyways, good luck~
    Thanks man, I think so too!

There awsome, i think i like them more than the old.
    Good Luck ~
    Thanks man.

This hack is pretty nice. The screens are nice, so are the tiles and palletes.
    Thanks.

Type: Graphics~

I've been screwed with a jacked ROM, but I finally got it suitable enough to grab some screens. I've changed the graphics yet again.

Type: Credits~

Thanks go to:
    Alistair For the awesome Mountain tile, and mountain palette.
    Myself For palettes.
    Spriters-Resource For the PMD OWs.

Type: Major~

Well, I have been having major trouble with my ROM(s). I restarted once, just to be faced with restarting again. I restarted 2 times, and I thought I was clear, but it turns out I was wrong. I have some fatal errors, that won't allow me to progress, so I am restarting and switching to a FireRed codebase. I thought I would try to patch up the hack enough to suck the updates I made out of it. All the features in the old Onyx will be put in the new. Don't expect updates anytime soon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Awesome job Jesse! :D
    I do think this hack would suite Fire Red more. ;P

Anyways, good luck~

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Awesome job Jesse! :D
    I do think this hack would suite Fire Red more. ;P

Anyways, good luck~
    Mmm, thanks me matey!

Wow this looks great! Tiles are a plus too! Keep up the good work ;)
    Haha, thanks dude. I sure will;)

---

Well guys, I've been working hard since the restart, and I've got a lot of stuff to show, but I want to save that for later. For now, I'll show you one measly little screen, try to make it last, there won't be another for a while, I'm gonna play Pokémon: Eclipse tonight and do something for a friend tomorrow. Credits to: Alistair for a lot of tiles; rhevarhe_duh for the Shrine

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hey nice screen! I like the trees but what are those brown things? Rocks?
    Thanks, and yes they're Alistair's rocks.

---

Hey guys, I've been working for a while to fix this script, and the problem ended up being a simple misplaced waitmovement, how funny is that, eh? Well, now that I fixed it, I bring screens. I would have uploaded a video, but it takes too long, and I have to go to sleep soon, so enjoy. Props to Adam for helping me with this script.

Props to whoever can guess your starter Pokémon(however simple it may be). Ya can get a prize of some sort...Go ahead and guess!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Oh I can haz a guess?
    Is it Houndour?
    Zomg...yes it is Houndour. You're like a psychic or something like that...or maybe a gypsy, or something more like a per...let's get back on topic. Well, since you won, you get a prize of something in the game. a. Cameo b. Gym Leader c. Mini-Rival

Go ahead and chooose!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back