• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Orange: Island Walker

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • I'm struggling to understand why remakes started appearing on progressing hacks. This forum should be for new room hacks with new story and maps not remakes, remakes should be on Sideshow Showcase

While it is a remake, it does feature a completely remapped region, new Pokemon, items, moves, story, etc that the original does not have. It's rewritten from the ground up completely and will be an entirely separate experience. I chose to make another thread as to avoid the older discontinued hack from being confused with this new one once releases are distributed. By your logic I should conclude Lets Go Pikachu is simply a remake of Pokemon Yellow thus discrediting it from being its own game.

super fan de pokemon

Pokemon palmero
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Sí, y luego algunos:
    image.png
    The map is beautiful, it is incredible, you are going to do the orange islands and Kanto hehe, a question, you have already confirmed the new pokedex, not yet

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • I think you all are due for a progress update. Of course, main focus has been engine development, but not to say I haven't been working on the game itself. I've been theorycrafting some side activities to give the game some more depth.

Here's some of what I came up with:

Fame Checker:
    Remember this bad boy from FireRed/LeafGreen? Well, it's back and better than ever. It still functions the same, giving you a place to check up on all you learn about the celebrities of the Pokemon world. Completing all the entries for a person will unlock a quote from the person of interest. What a fun collection!

Orange_Fame_Checker.png

Berrypedia:
    With 81 Different berries to collect in Pokemon Orange: Island Walker, there should be some way to track what you've found in your journey. A Berry Master moved from Galar to Mikan Island in his search for rare and exotic berries, such as the elusive Eggant that he wants to make the famed dish "Eggant in chili sauce". Completing the berrypedia will unlock a very Gallant reward (bad pun).

image.png

Magikarp JUMP:

Dr Quackenpoker on Rind Island is the de-facto authority on all things fishy...Or magikal, depending on who you ask. Rather, he has dedicated his whole career to studying Magikarp. With Rind Island being opened up for access just after the First gym, just north of the Rocket Radio Tower, you now have access from the get-go to a wonderful sidequest of catching some vibrant and rare Magikarp variants. He'll add a new mode to your dex, fashionably called the JUMP (Jumping Upstream Migration Pattern) Dex, which will register up to 32 different Magikarp forms. Collect them all for some handsome rewards.

image.png

Moving away from collectathons, some side content I am actively working on:

Altering Cave:

Altering Cave, a rather pointless place in the Gen 3 games, has some cut content I want to add to Orange. Our Altering Cave is located in Tangelo Island, and can be accessed as soon as Cut is obtained. Featuring the same cut encounters from Emerald version, this cave's encounters will reset daily, with a chance of no special encounter (Zubat) being relatively low.

For those that don't know, these special encounters would have modified held items and were supposed to be E-reader events, which were cut from Emerald and the event itself was never released for the Firered/Leafgreen iteration of Altering Cave.

The Encounters:
    Code:
    Mareep with Ganlon Berry
    Aipom with Berry Juice
    Pineco with Apicot Berry
    Shuckle with Berry Juice
    Teddiursa with Petaya Berry
    Houndour with Big Mushroom
    Stantler with Petaya Berry
    Smeargle with Salac Berry

image.png

Berry Swarm:

There will be some receptacles on certain protected islands such as Pinkan, Tarroco, Metallica and Camomile. As a trainer completing the Pokedex you are authorized to capture Pokemon here, but otherwise catching is restricted! With these receptacles, you can use some learned recipes from the Berry Masters grand-daughter to trigger a Berry Swarm. These swarms will cause rare Pokemon to appear at a higher rate on these islands for a day, and possibly even some Pokemon that don't appear there normally!

Code:
    1x Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap = Pinkan Island Berry Swarm
    1x Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon =Tarroco Island Berry Swarm
    1x Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, Belue, Strib = Metallica Island Berry Swarm
    1x Ereader Berry Mix= Camomile Island Berry Swarm

Keep in mind all of these menus are concepts, not actually implemented yet! Berrypedia and Fame Checker concepts by JaceDeane, all other media was made by myself. I really want to incentivize the Player to go back to old areas of the game, and don't be mistaken, there will be something for those dedicated to 100%ing the game!

Last edited:

super fan de pokemon

Pokemon palmero
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think you all are due for a progress update. Of course, main focus has been engine development, but not to say I haven't been working on the game itself. I've been theorycrafting some side activities to give the game some more depth.

Here's some of what I came up with:

Fame Checker:
    Remember this bad boy from FireRed/LeafGreen? Well, it's back and better than ever. It still functions the same, giving you a place to check up on all you learn about the celebrities of the Pokemon world. Completing all the entries for a person will unlock a quote from the person of interest. What a fun collection!

Orange_Fame_Checker.png

Berrypedia:
    With 81 Different berries to collect in Pokemon Orange: Island Walker, there should be some way to track what you've found in your journey. A Berry Master moved from Galar to Mikan Island in his search for rare and exotic berries, such as the elusive Eggant that he wants to make the famed dish "Eggant in chili sauce". Completing the berrypedia will unlock a very Gallant reward (bad pun).

image.png

Magikarp JUMP:

Dr Quackenpoker on Rind Island is the de-facto authority on all things fishy...Or magikal, depending on who you ask. Rather, he has dedicated his whole career to studying Magikarp. With Rind Island being opened up for access just after the First gym, just north of the Rocket Radio Tower, you now have access from the get-go to a wonderful sidequest of catching some vibrant and rare Magikarp variants. He'll add a new mode to your dex, fashionably called the JUMP (Jumping Upstream Migration Pattern) Dex, which will register up to 32 different Magikarp forms. Collect them all for some handsome rewards.

image.png

Moving away from collectathons, some side content I am actively working on:

Altering Cave:

Altering Cave, a rather pointless place in the Gen 3 games, has some cut content I want to add to Orange. Our Altering Cave is located in Tangelo Island, and can be accessed as soon as Cut is obtained. Featuring the same cut encounters from Emerald version, this cave's encounters will reset daily, with a chance of no special encounter (Zubat) being relatively low.

For those that don't know, these special encounters would have modified held items and were supposed to be E-reader events, which were cut from Emerald and the event itself was never released for the Firered/Leafgreen iteration of Altering Cave.

The Encounters:
    Code:
    Mareep with Ganlon Berry
    Aipom with Berry Juice
    Pineco with Apicot Berry
    Shuckle with Berry Juice
    Teddiursa with Petaya Berry
    Houndour with Big Mushroom
    Stantler with Petaya Berry
    Smeargle with Salac Berry

image.png

Berry Swarm:

There will be some receptacles on certain protected islands such as Pinkan, Tarroco, Metallica and Camomile. As a trainer completing the Pokedex you are authorized to capture Pokemon here, but otherwise catching is restricted! With these receptacles, you can use some learned recipes from the Berry Masters grand-daughter to trigger a Berry Swarm. These swarms will cause rare Pokemon to appear at a higher rate on these islands for a day, and possibly even some Pokemon that don't appear there normally!

Code:
    1x Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap = Pinkan Island Berry Swarm
    1x Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon =Tarroco Island Berry Swarm
    1x Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, Belue, Strib = Metallica Island Berry Swarm
    1x Ereader Berry Mix= Camomile Island Berry Swarm

Keep in mind all of these menus are concepts, not actually implemented yet! Berrypedia and Fame Checker concepts by JaceDeane, all other media was made by myself. I really want to incentivize the Player to go back to old areas of the game, and don't be mistaken, there will be something for those dedicated to 100%ing the game!

Ohhh the concepts are great, a question, the pokedex has already thought of the list of the 400 pokemons

Spindarig

I'm a cute mixmon!
    Days
    • He/His
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I like a lot this project overall, hoping to play it soon 😍.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Some Screenshots of progress:

image.png
    image.png
    image.png

image.png
    image.png

Bamboo.gif
    Steam.gif

Tangelo is almost done...Still finalizing the Pokecenter and Mart so It's not quite there yet. I'm also still not sure how I want to handle the GS Ball just yet so I have rewritten the event a couple of time over. As you can see Mikan is mapped, but it has no events.

Here's the full map of Mikan Island:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Some Screenshots of progress:

image.png
    image.png
    image.png

image.png
    image.png

Bamboo.gif
    Steam.gif

Tangelo is almost done...Still finalizing the Pokecenter and Mart so It's not quite there yet. I'm also still not sure how I want to handle the GS Ball just yet so I have rewritten the event a couple of time over. As you can see Mikan is mapped, but it has no events.

Here's the full map of Mikan Island:
    Spoiler:

This looks phenomenal! It has been a hot minute since I played your first iteration of Orange. I am assuming that the Team Rocket event shown in the screenshots is a newly added event?

Years
  • holy overhaul, batman! i was waiting to play orange until it was completely finished because i knew i would hate waiting for updates, but now i dont even wanna touch the original version. i can tell this project is going to be absolutely insane and im so excited to see it flourish even further with the new engine :]

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I normally check up ROM Hack updates every 6 - 12 months, since Dev time takes, well time. So, I decide to check up Orange today, to see if there was more progress. To then learn that Orange is now complete and I'm going like, wtf.
    And then I find out that an even better version is being made, and oh boy. This looks really good too. Especially that Kanto Map for post-game. Good luck on your project, and remember to take your time. People can wait, your health matters more.
    I'll check back in an year to see the progress and check if there's a beta by then or not. If not, well, wait another, lol.

Last edited:

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Been playing your original hack recently Pia, to see that such a masterpiece has a spiritual successor in the works cannot make me happier, please keep doing your best and update us whenever possible.

Days
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Been playing through the original Pokémon Orange Romhack and have been having a blast. Can't wait to see this come to fruition!

Of course, take your time and look out for yourself. We've got the original to more than tide us over until then.

Last edited:
    Back