• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Parallel Emerald (v1.2)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
INTRODUCTION

Have you ever wondered what Pokémon Emerald might look like in a parallel universe? Well, combined with modern day Pokémon ROM hack features that is exactly the idea of this Emerald ROM Hack. All maps in Hoenn have been redesigned, expanded or completely reworked. And you can expect completely new maps as well! Accompanied by these changes are different Gym Leaders, Rivals and Elite members at the Pokémon League to make this game feel like a truly different experience!

All trainers and encounters have been reworked with Pokémon from all 8 Generations (Hisui included). Battle mechanics are updated to Generation 8. And of course, there will also be many of the QOL features you know and love from modern Pokémon games or other ROM hacks.

This game can be played on three difficulties. You can switch between Normal and Hard at any point. There also is a Sandbox mode and an option to turn off EVs and enable perfect IVs. These can be paired with any difficulty. Detailed features are listed below.

FEATURES
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS AND GIFS

pe_v1.0.png

pe_battle.gifpe_movedesc.gifpe_fc2.gif

DOCUMENTATION
Documentation on Encounters, Item Locations, Trainers and Boss Battles as well as all Balance Changes, Learnsets and Evolutions and much more:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UHouWwM_eSZyh_W-Eah-1zcH5eryfNVN?usp=sharing

Custom Damage Calculator with all changes:

DOWNLOAD AND PATCHING
Download for Version v1.2:
To patch this game, use the 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan) ROM and the downloaded patch together on this website: https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/.

DISCORD
For updates, discussion and help of any kind for this game:

PROGRESS
The current version is v1.2 which contains the full main game, i.e. all eight badges and the Pokémon League. There is currently no post-game content.

CREDITS

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Do you plan to add post-game locations/trainers etc in future patches?
Right now I don't want to promise anything. But if I do add post-game content there will for sure be new locations and trainers. I already have a couple ideas for new content.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
So is there any indication of day/night? Want to evolve snom right away and I saw that I can go to my clock and set it to any time again but if I set it to night, there is no indication that its night. Its still bright out as if it was day time.
Or if possible can there be an optional patch to remove day/night specific evos? So like snom would just evolve when you level up with high friendship regardless of time of day.
Also can you add in the QOL that shows if a move is super/not very/not all all effective in battle? Like the move type would be green is super effective, red if not very effective, black if normal, and I forget what it is for not at all effective. Its something that was in Modern Emerald and was very helpful.

Also maybe change the color of HAs so its easier to know if a mon has a Hidden Ability or not. 1703539723623.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
So is there any indication of day/night? Want to evolve snom right away and I saw that I can go to my clock and set it to any time again but if I set it to night, there is no indication that its night. Its still bright out as if it was day time.
Or if possible can there be an optional patch to remove day/night specific evos? So like snom would just evolve when you level up with high friendship regardless of time of day.
Also can you add in the QOL that shows if a move is super/not very/not all all effective in battle? Like the move type would be green is super effective, red if not very effective, black if normal, and I forget what it is for not at all effective. Its something that was in Modern Emerald and was very helpful.

Also maybe change the color of HAs so its easier to know if a mon has a Hidden Ability or not. View attachment 153229
There is no indication of day and night. But since you can change the time to your liking anyway I think that's okay for now. I want to keep day/night evos, simply a design choice.

Showing the move effectiveness is a feature, but it's only available on normal difficulty.

Changing color to indicate HAs is something I will think about for future updates!

Days
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Is there a glitch getting surf? I just beat the gym in Petlburg and Wally's dad never gave me surf. I even tried going back into his house and still nothing. Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is there a glitch getting surf? I just beat the gym in Petlburg and Wally's dad never gave me surf. I even tried going back into his house and still nothing. Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same.
Are you certain that you are playing on the newest version? The old version ended right before getting Surf. Try updating to the new version. If you need further help, feel free to ask in the discord. You will get faster help there.

Days
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Are you certain that you are playing on the newest version? The old version ended right before getting Surf. Try updating to the new version. If you need further help, feel free to ask in the discord. You will get faster help there.
Thanks so much for the reply. I downloaded the patch and it worked like a charm.

Days
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but I would love to see follower Pokémon as a feature like Modern Emerald uses.

Days
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Not sure if this is intended, but fairy type only does neutral damage to dark type Pokémon when it should be super effective.

Days
  • Seen yesterday
7.8/10, too much bulldoze.

Seriously though, This Rom Hack is very good! a surprisingly fresh experience, considering the amount of times I've played emerald. I've become very attached to my team.

Though, I've noticed that.. like.. WAY too many Pokemon use bulldoze. it's not really much of an actual complaint, but every time the move appears on a Pokemon (I'll know because the ai almost always picks it and spams it) i giggle a bit. thank god i have an actual ground type on my team.

edit: if i ever see another pokemon with a healing move like roost again in a trainer battle be spammed because of the ai sticking it's finger up it's butt and knowing it practically has infinite pp to stall you out with i'm gonna have some not very nice things to say

edit 2: I gave up on it. the Lavaridge Town Gym really tests my patience in a way i don't like. genuine bad level design. i don't want to have to go through a maze while my controls are REVERSED and there's a time limit and there are several trainers with teams that i can't take out quickly. this is enough of a roadblock to say that there's no point in going on with this. It's sad because i was enjoying myself despite it's issues.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This looks really cool! I'm going to give it a try.

One question though: given that the Frontier Brains were apparently repurposed as gym leaders, I wonder: do you plan on having the Battle Frontier operational, just as in Emerald?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I used the trashman rom but it says it's a mismatch for some reason?View attachment 155412
Tested it on my end, didn't have any problem. Are you sure the trashman rom is unedited/unpatched? Otherwise maybe redownload the patch. If it still doesn't work, please join the discord and ask there. I rarely check comments on pokecommunity and the discord server has moderators to help you when im not available.

Days
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Dude this hack is just amazing. I wish there was a dexnav to reduce RNG while hunting Pokémon with good IVs. Also, if it had at least one option on hard mode to make wilds mon with perfect IV that would be good. If wild mon has perfect IV in hard mode I wouldn't even care if it didn't have Dexnav. But your hack is amazing. I can feel the effort and dedication you put into it. thank you so much for sharing your work!

Also, Do you plan to add perfect IV to all modes someday? I was really confused about if I should play on Hard because I like the challenge or the other difficulty because it has perfect IV. If only hard mod had perfect IV. :(

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Dude this hack is just amazing. I wish there was a dexnav to reduce RNG while hunting Pokémon with good IVs. Also, if it had at least one option on hard mode to make wilds mon with perfect IV that would be good. If wild mon has perfect IV in hard mode I wouldn't even care if it didn't have Dexnav. But your hack is amazing. I can feel the effort and dedication you put into it. thank you so much for sharing your work!

Also, Do you plan to add perfect IV to all modes someday? I was really confused about if I should play on Hard because I like the challenge or the other difficulty because it has perfect IV. If only hard mod had perfect IV. :(
You can breed pretty easily once you get to the daycare. If you fill up your dex a bit, you get 4,5 or 6 IV Dittos with Destiny Knot. And later you even get IV feathers to easily perfect your IVs. So I think perfect IVs are not necessary on Hard mode. That said, I might still make it an option, depends on how many people request it.

Days
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
You can breed pretty easily once you get to the daycare. If you fill up your dex a bit, you get 4,5 or 6 IV Dittos with Destiny Knot. And later you even get IV feathers to easily perfect your IVs. So I think perfect IVs are not necessary on Hard mode. That said, I might still make it an option, depends on how many people request it.
When I saw the quality and potential of your hack I didn't waste any time and came here to ask you to add a perfect IV option. I did this because I know a lot of people would love it and since it would be optional, maybe hardcore players wouldn't activate it, while other casuals who just want to capture mons without worrying about stats can live happily with their mons with perfect IV. At hard you can no longer use vitamins so having perfect IV from the start of the gameplay wouldn't hurt the difficulty so much.

ty!

Days
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Another question: the battle frontier is disabled? since the frontier brains are GYM leaders, I wanted to know what happened to the BF. It was a very special place that I loved to stay after beating the league.
i saw another user asking the same question but i didn't find an answer. :(

Edit@

why does Frosmoth have resistance to rock and fire? did you change his element?

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Another question: the battle frontier is disabled? since the frontier brains are GYM leaders, I wanted to know what happened to the BF. It was a very special place that I loved to stay after beating the league.
i saw another user asking the same question but i didn't find an answer. :(

Edit@

why does Frosmoth have resistance to rock and fire? did you change his element?
I want to help to answer.
Spoiler
Some mons have new hidden ability that reverse their weakness, including Frosmoth I believe

Back