• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Patch Firered 807pokes + All Megas Completed And MOre Updated

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2018
    i have a question. Can i change a evolve Pokemon in a Mega Pokemon ? I would like to change your Dialga evolution in a mega evolution into Dialga Primal, not a basic evolution in lvl 50.

Last edited:

SKR

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, can I use this as the base rom for my Rom Hack?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I noticed that the link in the first post is nothing but a .ips patch. There's no tools or .ini files. Those come with the download in the description of the video which is walled by 3 layers of ads so I decided to drop a direct link over here.

Personal changes:
    -Removed the useless .bak files.
    -Replaced the GBA ROM File (because sharing those is illegal) with a .ups patch.
    -Removed the sprites folder inside Advanced Series' because they weren't needed.
    To get those sprites along the 4th and 5th Generations Pokémon's, go to Chaos Rush's thread by clicking right here.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gadpmctkz1r3z7z/Versiòn5hasta zygarde formas adicionales.7z?dl=0

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    I was trying to randomize this game, and when it's randomized I can't evolve pokemon even with the national dex, tried multiple pokemon. Unrandomized worked just fine.

I used UPrandomizer and only randomized wild pokemon. Anyway to fix this or a different way to randomize?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • You'll need to make it so you have the National Dex from the start of the game to evolve 'mons from Gen II onwards. If you don't have the National Dex then you can only evolve Gen I 'mons as the others aren't on the Regional Dex
    Otherwise:
    Disable "The Pokemon Stopped Evolving." [FR]

FR has a feature that if you attempt to evolve a Pokemon into something not in the Kanto Dex (and you don't have the National Dex), it will mysteriously stop evolving. You could just give the player the National Dex at the beginning of the game, but if you don't want to do that, you can easily disable this.

Basically, this will turn some conditional jumps into unconditional jumps, and remove some checks. No free space required.

Code:
    0x08043156: 02 E0
    0x080CE90C: 1C E0
    0x080CF566: 17 E0
    0x08126C26: C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46
    0x08126C4C: 08 E0

The code explaining the above byte changes is:

Spoiler:
    Source.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    You'll need to make it so you have the National Dex from the start of the game to evolve 'mons from Gen II onwards. If you don't have the National Dex then you can only evolve Gen I 'mons as the others aren't on the Regional Dex

I appreciate everyone who replied but like I said, I do have the national dex. It's whenever I randomize the wild pokemon locations that evolutions stop working. I dont even get the pokemon stopped evolving thing, just nothing. If I play the rom normally it all works fine.

When randomized both kanto and national mons wont evolve with or without national dex

EDIT: Just opened the randomized rom in hacking suite to check it and it messes up the evolutions really bad. anyway to prevent this? for an example bulbasaur evolves into venusaur at 32 and venusaur evolves into charmeleon at 16.

Last edited:

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    EDIT: Just opened the randomized rom in hacking suite to check it and it messes up the evolutions really bad. anyway to prevent this? for an example bulbasaur evolves into venusaur at 32 and venusaur evolves into charmeleon at 16.

That seems like the number of evolutions per a pokemon problem that's solved by changing 5 to 8. This is an INI thing.

I don't think any success will come from this base. It's a mess as soon as you get ankle deep.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    That seems like the number of evolutions per a pokemon problem that's solved by changing 5 to 8. This is an INI thing.

I don't think any success will come from this base. It's a mess as soon as you get ankle deep.

Can you explain how to change that? in hacking suite every mon has 8. Do i need to change it elsewhere?

Years
  • If possible could someone fix all of the cries that make the game freeze, then post a link on here or something so that people can use the base without some Pokemon crashing the game?
    I haven't messed around with it enough to find any of the bugged cries yet but I do plan on using this to make a ROM hack and idk how to repoint cries or what offsets to repoint them to

I have attempted, but mons Type:Null and onwards crash PGE and the other Cry Editor doesn't detect any cries past the hoenn mons properly, like I've said before. I haven't been able to find any sort of fix for that issue in particular.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have attempted, but mons Type:Null and onwards crash PGE and the other Cry Editor doesn't detect any cries past the hoenn mons properly, like I've said before. I haven't been able to find any sort of fix for that issue in particular.

does it? ive been testing things and the cries are totally botched but nothing crashes the game. specifically remember trying silvally and the cry was a loud buzz but no crash

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    whatever other cry editor you're using would need a .ini file to make it support the patch edits properly (so basically the mons from gen iv - vii

I'm using cry v1.4 and i gave it the .ini but i can't edit any of the mons. I see every mon but not even gen 1-3 are editable. I'm having the same problems as aicaimze. Anyway anyone could add me on discord and help me? through message or voice. Lil Bo Peep#6869

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    I am aware, and I've looked in the INI files for the proper addresses, but it's not really working out as one would think.

Yeah I'm experiencing the same exact issues as you. I'm still trying new things, if you get anything to work let me know. I don't care about fixing the cries as long as the game doesn't crash.
    I'll let you know if i find anything

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2018
    I have a problem my turtwig is evolve but the game crash on Grottle sprite :/
    I have the national dex and the Dex Menu (and Pokémons menu too) but the bug appear.

Last edited:

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    This patch works perfectly for me for my rom hack but why does every mon I catch gain boosted exp?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2018
    Why Rowlet isn't evolving? It's something of the game? is there a way of evolving him? please help
    Edit: I can't evolve any pokemon that is not from gen 1

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a quick question about this hack. Whenever I play pokemon rom hacks I always tend to go for Pokedex completion. I was just wondering if this was possible. I know that this hack features over 800 pokemon but it doesnt say if they are all obtainable (or at least I didn't see it). Also, is there a list of where to find the different pokemon?

Back