• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    Hey !! i am very happy that ur hack has been released today !! :) all d best for it and i have found 2 glitches.
    when i go to mystery gift option, it says " There were no gifts found".. what to do ?? :(
    please help me !! I have also visited d pokemart but nothng happend...
    And ofcourse merry christmas !! but please help me by today i really dont wanna miss d chance to get jirachi .. please !! thanks a lot !! :)
    WarlockOPain.

Years
  • Hello, I'd like to list some bugs:

When I was asked if I needed any info, before continuing in the introduction, I pressed control info and it acted like I pressed no info needed.
    Then these two:

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

After Dawn's tour around town and talking to professor nothing happens, he has no dialogue.

And then this:

After this game froze and I remembered I haven't saved in a while :I

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • I can't seem to get the jirachi, I got the mistery gift option and went to the pkmart, but the guy next to the counter only said: "See ya again", and later when exiting a rentering the pkmart, it dissapeared...
    EDIT: Apparently it's has already been said that the jirachi event it's glitched, and thre's a ¿new' patch up, it's the new patch still named alpha v1.0?

Besides that, it's impressive how the graphics are improved, and the scripst run very neatly, I can't wait to play a longer version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I cannot get past the pokemon selection scene. I choose my starter and all I get is a black screen with the background music still going. I used the recommended Fire Red rom and got no issues when patching. I am stuck and cannot get the special event Jirachi. I am using Dawn BTW. Feel a little dissapointed that I will not be able to get the event pokemon due to bugs.

EDIT: I tried naming Barry something else, but when I got into the game proper Barry never appeared, mom would only say bye-bye and I had no pokemon, so when I tried to get into tall grass the game crashed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Does anyone know the proper emerald base rom to patch it to? almost none have worked for me so far...
    It says the hack is based on FireRed. I have no idea why you'd be trying to patch it on ANY Emerald ROM xD

Last edited:

Ttar0914

Years
  • GoGo, you're truly amazing. Making the PR patch for FR/Em/R? You're either kidding me, or this is still a dream.
    Anyways, I'll start playing it today. :)

~Ttar

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    There are three released UPS patches. One for FireRed, Emerald, and I think one for Ruby.
    Oh sorry my bad haha. The only reason that it might not work is that you have a different type of Emerald ROM. But since you've said that you've tried several ROMS something may just be wrong with the ups... 0-0

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    the sprinting animation looks really weird and there are some texture pop-ins, like, some tiles don't load until you are about 6-7 blocks near them, and then others disappear, most noticeable place is Sandgem Town

Years
  • This hack is awesome!! Looking forward to its completed version.
    And I think the door open flash and the Fire-red looking Pokemon Info pages should be improved a little...

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    For everyone's reference, this is the CRC32 checksum of a ROM that will work properly with the patch:

FireRed:dd88761c (Clean by No-Intro; Rev. 0)

I can't get the Ruby or Emerald patches to work.

I've tried all three US revisions of Ruby in No-Intro's database, and both of the most common US Emerald ROMs available, one of which is not clean.

Whatever bases were used for the Ruby and Emerald patches, they aren't clean, so they will be nearly impossible to find . . . :(

It's also obvious based on the size of the patches that FireRed is the true ROM base, so I'd just stick to the FireRed patch . . .

To all hack authors: Please make a note as a what ROM base you used to make your patches and please provide a checksum.

It saves us a lot of time and energy, especially when you use UPS which enforces exact checksums for the base . . .

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Emerald: Search coolrom if it wont work download the rom from emuparadise (its different roms)

Firered: Get the 1.0 usa from emuparadise

Ruby: Get the 1.0 usa from emuparadise

If a ups patcher wont work try another there are many ups patchers for windows and android

The only Ruby version in Emuparadise is the US with Mugs ;_; ...
    I just tried to download the ROM from ROM Hustler and also from FreeROMs but nothing is working, it always says "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." :( ...

EDIT:
    Okay.. i'm playing in FireRed, how can i get the Jirachi Event?

EDIT2:
    Nvm, i'm just too idiot xD
    So.. it's actually pretty cool, there are some fails like Rowan's Tiles at the Intro, but meh, i don't really care.
    The Alpha is ¡ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!, i seriously never thought it'd be possible to port a DS Game to GBA.
    Also, this HackROM runs pretty much better than Sinnoh Legacy, which is a nice plus <3
    I'll be waiting for the Beta 1, Nice job dude <3

Cya~

Last edited:

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I was going to play but people keep posting bugs and jirachi seems not to work so i guess i will just wait for 1.3 :D

Hey GoGo since the jirachi had problems the first day will you extend the event for 1 more day

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Thank you for this gogo and daniils! merry christmas to you both!

Edit: it worked fine for me guys just follow the instructions.. Read it word by word and you guysll be fine..

Last edited:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Few things:

Um...He looks like a wolf. lol

I think some other people were talking about this, too.

And this is GoGo's real Christmas present to us. This is how much he loves us.

XD

Overall, the alpha was.....eh...Kinda didn't get the Platinum fill for it, though it was only the first alpha, it was just...eh....eh....But keep working on it! I might just have to start playing Platinum again, though...KEEP IT UP GOGO! MAKE US PROUD!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • If you're here for the details on which bugs still exist/which were removed, go to the very bottom.

Ugh try this, this image should work.

Spoiler:

Thank you, fixed for 1.2.

You get jirachi in sandgem pokemon market,it is caught in a cherish ball,level 5 and it moves are
    -Meteor Mash
    -Rest
    -Wish
    -Confusion

daniil had an issue with Draco Meteor. Not fixed for 1.2 because reasons. Will get to that.

When you enter/leave a house, it sounds like a Pokemon Centers door opening. Is there a reason for that or is it just me?

Doors aren't done yet.

Ok I think I just found the coolest glitch:
    When you talk to the dude that gives you the Potion and then fight a battle the script is reset so he gives you unlimited Potions basically.

Fixed for 1.2.

I didn't read any of the bugs that others posted, but I discovered one myself. If you interact with your rival's Wii, you get 100 dawn stones and 100 rare candies and a Magneton with thE ability Magnet Pull, and the moves Tackle, Metal Sound, ThunderShock and Supersonic. ThE door makes the sOund you would hear from going into a Pokemon center and the buildings glitch out a lot. Plus, my Jirachi doesn't have the moves you said it would D: And also, Since in my area it's 2 am, it's nighttime in the game, and the d/n system is weird and janky. Still though, I'm imPressed!

The wii glitch was fixed in the second version of 1.0.

Playing as Dawn and selecting the starter Pokemon results in the professor becoming Lucas and Lucas turning into Dawn while Barry disappears completely. You also have to go down one step to activate Barry's battle. You can freeroam otherwise.
    Throwing a Pokeball bought from the Mart freezes the game.

I noticed that as well, the Dawn counterpart glitchiness.

The freeroam was fixed in 1.0's second release.

No idea why your pokeballs would break, considering I've thrown 42 of them.

Here's a tile error I found:

In a normal non-player/rival house here is how close you can move in front of a TV:

But in your house or rival's house here's how close you can get to a TV:

Also I don't know if someone's said this yet but...

The sign on Route 219 doesn't say anything.

Fixed and Fixed for 1.2

I found another bug :
    -When you try catching a pokémon
    e.g Starly at low hp,always it broke free.
    I think the catch ratio of the sinnoh pokemon is like a legendary one ...3!
    GoGo,can you set the ratio to 70?

I realized that you can't catch any pokemon, I'm going to have to investigate that one.
    The catch rates are normal, it has to be a capture routine. I'll see what I can do.

Minor typo.

Another very big bug. Right after you select your starter, you can just go to the right and free roam without the battle script ever starting. This allows you to go to the lake and battle wild Pokemon without any Pokemon in your party. It crashes the game afterwards.

All in the latest alpha.

Fixed the typo, but the rest of the glitches you're reporting have been fixed. Are you sure you're playing flash128k? If not, you're going to get some very funky things going on.

Hello, I'd like to list some bugs:

When I was asked if I needed any info, before continuing in the introduction, I pressed control info and it acted like I pressed no info needed.
    Then these two:

After Dawn's tour around town and talking to professor nothing happens, he has no dialogue.

And then this:

After this game froze and I remembered I haven't saved in a while :I

Fixed the movement permission
    The professor has no dialogue because the story has ended for the alpha
    No idea why that would happen to you. I'd suggest checking if you're on flash128k as well.

Mystery event is not working, it asked me to receive my gift at the pokemart, but there was no one who could give it to me. A man did appear there but he didnt gave me anything. Help!

When I tested the mystery gift it worked fine, but when I checked it on gameboid it didn't. It's the same event, so in theory it should work just the same, but it's not on gameboid. I'll see what I can do. More details on jirachi at the bottom of this post.

For everyone's reference, this is the CRC32 checksum of a ROM that will work properly with the patch:

FireRed:dd88761c (Clean by No-Intro; Rev. 0)

I can't get the Ruby or Emerald patches to work.

I've tried all three US revisions of Ruby in No-Intro's database, and both of the most common US Emerald ROMs available, one of which is not clean.

Whatever bases were used for the Ruby and Emerald patches, they aren't clean, so they will be nearly impossible to find . . . :(

It's also obvious based on the size of the patches that FireRed is the true ROM base, so I'd just stick to the FireRed patch . . .

To all hack authors: Please make a note as a what ROM base you used to make your patches and please provide a checksum.

It saves us a lot of time and energy, especially when you use UPS which enforces exact checksums for the base . . .

I mentioned the FR one because I had to get a specific one for the alpha. For Emerald and Ruby, I did use clean, 100% untouched versions. If you have a suggested game dump you'd like me to try out (like how Gamer2020 suggested I use Squirrels Dump) then feel free to let me know.

I was going to play but people keep posting bugs and jirachi seems not to work so i guess i will just wait for 1.3 :D

Hey GoGo since the jirachi had problems the first day will you extend the event for 1 more day

I plan on changing the Jirachi event to some time in January, or sooner if we can fix it all. Don't worry, this isn't the only time to get your bugged Jirachi folks!

Thank you for this gogo and daniils! merry christmas to you both!

Happy holidays, Splash!

OK everyone, I'm going to explain what's going on. Bear with me here.
    1: The Jirachi event works fine on PC emulators such as VBA-M etc. However, when I tried it on gameboid (android) the event wouldn't work. That tells me I need to fix something. I'll see what I can do, and I'll give extra days to obtain Jirachi in the near future.
    2: I hear some people complaining about small things, but make sure you're playing on FLASH128k and have RTC enabled. It should be in your emulator options for whatever emulator you're playing on. If you're on a flashcart, it should automatically decide. Most flashcarts do not support RTC, so if you want to do events that require time/dates like Jirachi, play on your PC first, then go back to your emulators.
    3: Pokemon captures are really weird. For example, Starly has a catch rate of 255 (max, really easy). In the alpha, throwing a ball at a pokemon results in it immediately bursting out, which has never been a problem before. It's very strange. If you're on PC as well, the ball may completely fail and freeze the game. We're going to have to see why this is, because it wasn't an issue beforehand.
    4: The mystery gift option on the continue screen doesn't do anything. Nothing. :D
    5: Yes, when you get your pokemon playing as a female, the events screw up graphically. The game is still very much playable and nothing stops working though. I'll have to see what's going on.
    6: All pokemon are seen and caught and you do not receive the dex from rowan. This is intentional actually. The full pokedex was for testing, and I never reverted it. As a result, I didn't give the player a pokedex. We're trying to find out how to revert that, but until then, you won't have a pokedex.

I'll try to get lots of stuff fixed for 1.3. I already fixed a lot of things for 1.2, and you can download it right now in the post from the downloads section, but the above mentioned are what I need to do really. I'll see how quickly I can fix these things for 1.3. Again, don't worry about Jirachi right now.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Alpha 1.2 Release!

ALPHA 1.2 RELEASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boRbK37qP5o

Alpha 1.2 is an extension of Alpha 1.0, which came out 11 hours ago. It's a bugfix release, and the details can be found right here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8547019&postcount=2165

Links details

Get a clean, untouched rom of your choice and apply the ups patch that corresponds to it. Use a UPS patcher.
    Fire Red patch (Use the rom dump "Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)")- https://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/downloads/alpha-1.2

To patch, simply open the UPS patcher and follow these steps:
    Download a clean rom of your choice and download the patch that goes with it.
    Click "Apply Patch to an Existing File"
    Where it says UPS Patch File to Apply, browse the patch file.
    Next under that, browse for the clean rom.
    Hit patch and enjoy!

If you receive a checksum error, your rom isn't clean and must be received 100% vanilla, or untouched. Since I am not allowed to post links to roms or tell you where to get them, it's on you to find a clean rom. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back