• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Procyon and Pokémon Deneb Update (and possible translation)?!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
*I'm not sure where to actually post this*

If you have played Pokémon Altair and Sirius and Pokémon Vega, then you should have some knowledge of Pokémon Procyon and Deneb, the sequels to Pokémon Vega.

I've checked around the Internet and it seems that the game's alleged "latest beta" as of August 11, 2012 goes up to the fourth or fifth gym. Could there be a completed version out there, or was the project abandoned? The so-called latest beta is in Japanese and hasn't been translated to any other language yet.

A YouTube user by the name of Shaunpants was uploading videos of the hack and one of the videos was called "Pokémon Procyon and Deneb Update", but he hasn't uploaded anything concerning Pokémon Procyon and Deneb since 2015. Does anyone else have any recent info on Procyon and Deneb?

There was talk of the project being picked up again in 2015, but, no news since 2016. I'll keep the site bookmarked if any future updates occur.

Apart from that, I was thinking that some of us could translate Procyon and Deneb (unless there's a translation group out there already doing it), like Pokécommunity (I think) did with Pokémon Vega (I won't be able to translate anything, except give English name ideas for characters and locations).

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
*I'm not sure where to actually post this*

If you have played Pokémon Altair and Sirius and Pokémon Vega, then you should have some knowledge of Pokémon Procyon and Deneb, the sequels to Pokémon Vega.

I've checked around the Internet and it seems that the game's alleged "latest beta" as of August 11, 2012 goes up to the fourth or fifth gym. Could there be a completed version out there, or was the project abandoned? The so-called latest beta is in Japanese and hasn't been translated to any other language yet.

A YouTube user by the name of Shaunpants was uploading videos of the hack and one of the videos was called "Pokémon Procyon and Deneb Update", but he hasn't uploaded anything concerning Pokémon Procyon and Deneb since 2015. Does anyone else have any recent info on Procyon and Deneb?

There was talk of the project being picked up again in 2015, but, no news since 2016. I'll keep the site bookmarked if any future updates occur.

Apart from that, I was thinking that some of us could translate Procyon and Deneb (unless there's a translation group out there already doing it), like Pokécommunity (I think) did with Pokémon Vega (I won't be able to translate anything, except give English name ideas for characters and locations).

Roytam made it pretty clear already, but yeah, Procyon and Deneb received a new version the 30 of January, it ends after the 6th Gym and that's a pretty strong sign that the project's still alive.

About the translation... well, it's worth mentioning that Dr. Akimbo not only translated Pokémon Vega, he also ported it from BPRJ to BPRE which is quite the feat.
This time, the challenge is greater because of the fancy ASM Routines and work behind Procyon/Deneb.
Things like the PokéTab or the Pokédex? I'd be surprised to see them ported to BPRE.

So yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't expect a translation like Altair/Sirius got (which is quite dissapointing due to the natural limit of letters per word) or a Translated Port like it happened with Vega anytime soon. Specially when the games themselves are still in development.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2019
Pokemon Vega?... I think I played that game. Was it the rom hack where some Pokemon are going wild and one of them was a Zangoose with metal arm?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Roytam made it pretty clear already, but yeah, Procyon and Deneb received a new version the 30 of January, it ends after the 6th Gym and that's a pretty strong sign that the project's still alive.

About the translation... well, it's worth mentioning that Dr. Akimbo not only translated Pokémon Vega, he also ported it from BPRJ to BPRE which is quite the feat.
This time, the challenge is greater because of the fancy ASM Routines and work behind Procyon/Deneb.
Things like the PokéTab or the Pokédex? I'd be surprised to see them ported to BPRE.

So yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't expect a translation like Altair/Sirius got (which is quite dissapointing due to the natural limit of letters per word) or a Translated Port like it happened with Vega anytime soon. Specially when the games themselves are still in development.

Well, it's good to hear that the games are still being worked on. Can't wait to play the completed versions!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2019
What are you even............

Nope. Thinking of the wrong game... I think.
Pokemon-Advanced-Adventure.jpg

Might be thinking of this one....

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2023
Hey, does anyone know what type of Japanese this is typed in? I've been trying to find a kanji pronunciation for some of the symbols so I can put it into google translate but a couple different versions popped up. Anyone know?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
As of April 1, there is a new update for Procyon and Deneb. Though I have absolutely no idea what the update is about. I can only hope it's not an April's Fool joke =/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 12, 2021
I'll apologize in advanced for necroing this thread. If anyone is working on translating Deneb and Procyon I would love to put some time in to help. If not, I'm gonna start doing it solo to get the ball rolling

Back