• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2021
    Hey, I understand that this really isn't the point of this rom hack, but I really enjoyed the rom so to get more mileage out of it I have tried to complete the national dex, but I noticed that currently it isn't possible? There are certain baby pokemon you can't catch. I have been doing raids to catch those pre-evolution pokemon you can't catch in the wild and I thought that this was really fun. Anyway, I was just curious if you plan to ever make every pokemon obtainable? Like I said, I understand if that isn't part of the plan cause thats not the point of this rom hack. Also second question if you have time, I was wondering where to get Dialga, Darkrai, Groudon and legendaries like that? I noticed you can get many legendaries by doing raids, but there still seem to be many that aren't obtainable, or at least they aren't documented in the docs. One last thing, I noticed that in the pokedex it says that nosepass is obtainable on route 10 but in the docs and the dexnav it isn't there. I also checked the power plant/rock tunnel in case I was mistaken where it actually was. I was just pointing this out in case it was a bug or if I was doing something wrong. Anyway, awesome rom and I have played pokemon casually all my life and this rom was really challenging and breathe of fresh air. At first I was frustrated with the challenge, but after beating the elite 4 I was really proud. Felt like playing a dark souls game. Thanks for the hardwork!

-Edit:
    Holy shit, I totally forgot about breeding! My bad, but tbh, I have never delved deep into it. I guess, I could now, but still I am curious if this could be part of future plans.

I guess I'm lucky coz when I buy the egg in the old man in Pewter City it hatched into a nosepass.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    Thanks for the game, it has been a blast so far.

But it seems I have softlocked myself at the League. My last save file is in the Pokemon Center just before the Elite 4, and I am trapped. Going out through the entrance towards Victory Road causes the screen to go black (sounds keep playing tho), or restart the game. Same with the elevator and the gate towards the Elite 4.
    What can I do to escape?

Oh well, I just started a Randomizer and managed to complete the game this time. Enjoyed the challenge, thanks again!

Years
  • Man, this game is awesome im trying to beat with a monotype for every type and its so fun, theres a huge number of pokemon u can get
    Congrats, your game is better than a lot of official pokemon games
    Best hack ever!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    So ... Just started Pokemon radical red , I don't know what the shiny rates of this particular game is but I just got a shiny on my third try ,like just trying to best my rival second time on the route to Pokemon league I pass through a grass meet a starly then bam
    The next Pokemon I see is s.. shiny spearow . Considering that it is my fourth shiny 😂 I am pretty happy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2022
    Took me 140 hours but i finnaly beat it:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

I'd like to congratulate the guys working on the rom, it was insanely good, my favorite pokemon hack ever. If i had to have one complain is that i would have like playing against more "bulky" team, it felt like most boss relied on speed and pure strengh rather than anything else. I don't remember ever facing a stall team or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Looking forward to future updates. What are your plans on post game? I know the level cap change to something really high isn't the most popular among players but I think it gives the post game more things to do. I enjoy grinding, personally.

I like the idea of an optional patch to change the level cap back to 250. I'm still playing on version 2.0F because I didn't want to settle for 100 lol.

Thanks again for making this mod!

Years
  • Version 2.2 is here! Download here:

Changelog from 2.1

Originally I wanted to hold off on releasing a new version until a sizable amount of post-game was finished, but I'm nowhere near accomplishing that atm since I got busy with work. However, there is a fair amount of new additions + QOL made since the last version and most of you enjoy replaying this game a billion times so I do feel this warranted a new release. Main summary of new stuff:

Crown Tundra Mons added
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

A couple new G-Max forms as Megas

IV maxer now can max a single IV for 70k

Fly as a Key item

Nickname as a party menu option

A ton of new buffs

My testers(Darkster, Rai-Cy, st, Cyro) collectively made a tier list to reflect a Pokemons change in viability after their 2.2 changes:

Easier to EXP grind with our Friendly Coach!

Bunch of bug fixes
    ... and some more! iunno go see for yourself :D

As usual, some tweaks to a lot of boss battles and some slight AI improvements

Yes, saves from 2.0 and up are compatible with 2.2.
    How do I update the game to a newer version without having to start over?
    Save your current progress using the in-game save (not save state!) in a safe place. (a Pokémon Center for example)
    Close the game and delete the patched .gba file. (or better, move it to a different folder in case you mess this up)
    Patch the new version .ups onto a CLEAN fire red rom again (1636 squirrels).
    Place the newly patched .gba game into the same folder where your previous version was. Make sure the name of your game and save file is the same.
    Open the newly patched .gba and load your save.

Credits
    Big credits to SageDeoxys for the Overworld Sprites for G-Zapdos, G-Articuno, and G-Moltres!
    Leparagon, and everyone who worked hard contributing to the DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64
    My beta testers for finding bugs and giving feedback as usual
    And of course, Pokemon Clover again for the Bone Zone ability idea and simply being a big inspiration for this hack!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking forward to future updates. What are your plans on post game? I know the level cap change to something really high isn't the most popular among players but I think it gives the post game more things to do. I enjoy grinding, personally.

I like the idea of an optional patch to change the level cap back to 250. I'm still playing on version 2.0F because I didn't want to settle for 100 lol.

Thanks again for making this mod!

I'll try to post the optional 250 level cap patch sometime tomorrow, I'm off to bed now lol :p

Edit: Reposted patch to fix Smart Strike TM freezing, Seafoam Islands being bugged, and G-Moltres spawn being bugged. Also fixed an unfinished area appearing after Power Plant.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Taking a look over the change log, there's one thing I'm not understanding. It mentions changes to the move Happy Hour, but I've never seen that move in the game. So how does one acquire that move?

Years
  • the changelog says kubfu is obtainable but it doesnt list how. can you clarify how to get it?

Taking a look over the change log, there's one thing I'm not understanding. It mentions changes to the move Happy Hour, but I've never seen that move in the game. So how does one acquire that move?

Kubfu can be obtained by fighting a trainer in Cerulean Cave after the Team Rocket event.

Happy Hour can be found on the Costume gift Pikachus. I've updated the Changelog to add both those details :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2021
    thanks man really love this game good work and really excited to see the post game stuff you come up with

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • One thing I do remember seeing was Bulbasaur being able to learn Dig now. I love that little nod to the anime where Ash's Bulbasaur dug into the ground to survive a large boulder.

Also, RIP for Toxapex losing Recover. That was one of my go to walls.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2021
    Version 2.2 is here! Download here:

Changelog from 2.1

Originally I wanted to hold off on releasing a new version until a sizable amount of post-game was finished, but I'm nowhere near accomplishing that atm since I got busy with work. However, there is a fair amount of new additions + QOL made since the last version and most of you enjoy replaying this game a billion times so I do feel this warranted a new release. Main summary of new stuff:

Crown Tundra Mons added

Fly as a Key item

A ton of new buffs

My testers(Darkster, Rai-Cy, st, Cyro) collectively made a tier list to reflect a Pokemons change in viability after their 2.2 changes:

Bunch of bug fixes

Save your current progress using the in-game save (not save state!) in a safe place. (a Pokémon Center for example)
    Close the game and delete the patched .gba file. (or better, move it to a different folder in case you mess this up)
    Place the newly patched .gba game into the same folder where your previous version was. Make sure the name of your game and save file is the same.

Credits
    Big credits to SageDeoxys for the Overworld Sprites for G-Zapdos, G-Articuno, and G-Moltres!
    Leparagon, and everyone who worked hard contributing to the DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64
    And of course, Pokemon Clover again for the Bone Zone ability idea and simply being a big inspiration for this hack!

Thank you so much for this update, @soupercell! Severely enjoying Radical Red, in my measly 40 hours of playtime it already took me on a rollercoaster ride.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    soupercell said:
    Version 2.2 is here! Download here:

Changelog from 2.1

Crown Tundra Mons added

Fly as a Key item

A ton of new buffs

Bunch of bug fixes

Credits

PogChamp

Years
    • Seen today
    @soupercell

Are there any changes to Pokemon of boss trainers such as gym leaders & elite four? If so, I could imagine playing it again once I finish my run of 2.1 ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    Using Cramorant and when I Dive, they do not get a fish for Gulp Missle. Is there something I am missing on these mons?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    @soupercell
    Is it normal that i always get floette from the wonder egg in pewter city? I already started a couple new savefiles but i always get floette

Back