• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2021
    Maybe someone on this thread can help me out. I just started the game and i evolved m grubbin into a charjabug and based on the Radical Red Pokedex (and even the real pokemon games), its ability is supposed to be Battery, but mine still has Swarm like grubbin. Is this a bug or did i just miss something??

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2021
    Wow. Hardcore mode on this game was rough. Decided to do no legendaries or Ultra Beasts and boy was the last fight tough. Nailed it though. Mamo is so underrated.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      RAD RED PIC.jpg
      98.1 KB · Views: 26
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I have a lot of fun with this ROM.
    Challenging, giving lots of buffs to the pokemons that needs it, mechanics from the last few gens.

Here are the three times i beat the game :

My first run. I used a new team at the end using both Trick Room and Gravity (the game didn't have the signature item for Dusknoir yet)Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

My gen 4 run (the second image show how much grinding i had to go for that shiny Gallade)
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

My gen 3 run (i normally have Sceptile and Zangoose on my team instead of Metagross and Flygon)

I am currently doing a Ice type monotype run and i wish that i got the update for the Snover before i beat Brock because i kinda had to break the rules to win.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    I played on hardcore mode +min girnding
    i kill so many pokemon after I get stats scanner I checked my pokemon ev is all 0 and i try to train more but my ev is still 0 why?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    Are mascot Pokemon like Lugia, Groudon, Kyurem etc. planned to become obtainable? I just don't understand the decision to make such popular Pokemon unobtainable when you can get all the other ones.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Are mascot Pokemon like Lugia, Groudon, Kyurem etc. planned to become obtainable? I just don't understand the decision to make such popular Pokemon unobtainable when you can get all the other ones.

I think there will obtainable in post game because there so op and post game not 100% done yet now you can only get a mewtwo in post game.

Years
    • Online now
    It's mean I must restart the game without minimal grinding cuz I don't think I can beat hardcore mode without EVs.

Minimal grinding mode disables EV gaining for your Pokémon but the AI Pokémon have 0 EVs as well. At least that's what the info on the previous page says.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • If you play without EVs via minimal grinding mode, does the removal of EVs make the gameplay less strategic as compared to EVS? Also, does playing without EVs significantly affect how competitive battles normally turn out? Thank you!

Years
  • If you play without EVs via minimal grinding mode, does the removal of EVs make the gameplay less strategic as compared to EVS? Also, does playing without EVs significantly affect how competitive battles normally turn out? Thank you!

it's less strategic as in you don't have to think out EVs for every battle, but in a sense it also makes it harder for the player because the EVs kind of gave the player a lot more flexibility in the types of builds they could use for certain pokemon. on the other hand, it makes the early game much easier as the playing field is more consistent (in normal mode, youd have suboptimal IVs while gym leaders still have perfect ones)

you still will obviously have to do typical teambuilding and swap members if you're playing blind. the main tidbit about no EVs is some pokemon are less viable (huge power/feline prowess mons, and some mons that relied on EVs to be tankier like clefable and toxapex for instance) and some pokemon benefit from it (mixed pokemon can benefit, for instance sheer force nidoking can opt to run poison jab over sludge bomb)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2021
    It is a very good game I am liking it so far tho there is a bug where my mon only gets 1xp I don't know why it happens but its always after viridian forest so maybe the xp share is the problem?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Minimal grinding mode disables EV gaining for your Pokémon but the AI Pokémon have 0 EVs as well. At least that's what the info on the previous page says.

I don't think it 0 EVs in hardcore my
    starly Lv10 wing attack to bulbasaur Lv10
    bulbasaur almost dead I farm my starly to Lv11 but bulbasaur also get to Lv11 too
    I use wing attack but this times is just half health

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It is a very good game I am liking it so far tho there is a bug where my mon only gets 1xp I don't know why it happens but its always after viridian forest so maybe the xp share is the problem?

You've hit the soft level cap for now. Level 15, correct? Defeat both Falkner and Brock to start gaining more exp. It's not a bug.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    Hello soupercell, nice game i have a bug to report and a suggestion to make
    I am playing 2.3a version with Easy Grinding Mode
    - I can use the Zinc item to affect my EV for Special defense which i shouldn't be able.
    - In the nature changer NPC there is no balanced nature(the ones that doesn't affect your stats like Hardy or Serious), could you add them in the next version?

Thank your for the nice hack

Years
    • Seen today
    Is 2.3a safe to play? No more bug fixes that might be released as 2.3b? Asking before I start a new run. Info would be appreciated.

Years
  • Nice run, destiny bond prankster qwilfish is busted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XMFhwwiEVlBvcoPJ9kzPXerkMj7ffZse/view?usp=sharing

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'm playing 2.3a, hardcore mode.

- Nincada don't accept dusk stone (I've tried with other stones too), I can't obtain Shedinja
    - Clobbopus doesn't evolve, because it cannot learn TM PROVCATION. I tried to make an egg and make it grow from level 1 to 100 but it doesn't evolve, and it doesn't accept any stones.
    - Fletching and his evolutions are not in the game

Thanks for the game, It's wonderful!!

https://ibb.co/SmCJz1d

Back