• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Goddamnit I had like a mountain sized wall of text that went into so much detail but it got erased before I could post it. D:
Heres the short version, I dont wanna go through that again. Are new move descriptions going to be corrected? There's a sign that shows a broken Hoenn map. The Starlight Mountain sign says Starlight Cave. Route 4 has an upwards cliff tile that you can walk over. There's a typo, it should say her. Are fire types not not very effective against each other anymore? Where can we get a Fenny? If not now, at a later beta? Will the 3rd gym leader get movement sprites later? The flying Wingul leave footprints. You could chance the map layout or sprite position to avoid sand. Where's the trainer battle music from? It sounds familiar. Howe you add two types without replacing? Or did you replace some? I could've miscounted since I didn't pay attention to the guy, but I think I got a red box from inside a red box. Taking a box from its side chances its shine direction for half a second.
These are just opinions here, I think the protagonist should be a speaking one since its clear he talks often. The battling Pokemon should get more experience than the shared ones. The encounter rate should lowered considering the amount of grass. Chirpich's back sprite seems a bit too big, and its eyes seem different from its front sprite.
Hopefully the pictures are good. Yay that was fun. Can't wait for progress!

Attachments

• PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464386558207.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464386558207.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464421150371.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464421150371.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464421823771.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464421823771.png
    19 KB · Views: 17
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439333026.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439333026.png
    19 KB · Views: 17
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464441012103.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464441012103.png
    7 KB · Views: 17
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464424209139.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464424209139.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439573240.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439573240.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 15
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439716608.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439716608.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439670707.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439670707.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
  • PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439100662.png
    PKMN RD-BT -reboot-_1464439100662.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 11

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Are new move descriptions going to be corrected? ... Will the 3rd gym leader get movement sprites later?

Eventually.

There's a sign that shows a broken Hoenn map.

I put that there for testing purposes. I forgot to remove it. It'll be removed in the next beta if the region map is still not yet ready to be inserted.

The Starlight Mountain sign says Starlight Cave. Route 4 has an upwards cliff tile that you can walk over. There's a typo, it should say her.

Thanks. I'll be fixing these.

Are fire types not not very effective against each other anymore?

Fletchling isn't a fire-type yet.

Where can we get a Fenny? If not now, at a later beta?

You will get the option of choosing Kalos starters if you chose not to rescue Eevee from Team Rocket.

The flying Wingul leave footprints. You could chance the map layout or sprite position to avoid sand.

I'll get on that.

Where's the trainer battle music from? It sounds familiar.

...I forgot where it was from.

Howe you add two types without replacing? Or did you replace some?

I replaced all contest icons with the Physical, Special, Status, Fairy and Chaos types. I added Aria type without replacing any tags.

I could've miscounted since I didn't pay attention to the guy, but I think I got a red box from inside a red box.

Yeah. There's a small chance of getting a box inside the box. Boxception

Taking a box from its side chances its shine direction for half a second.

I've never really noticed that. I'll check it out. Thanks.

These are just opinions here, I think the protagonist should be a speaking one since its clear he talks often.

He was supposed to be a talking protag, but conversations took a loooooooooooooong time to be finished, hence why I turned him into a silent protag during the adventure.

The battling Pokemon should get more experience than the shared ones.

Didn't really get the chance to properly turn it the same way as how it works in the Gen6 games. Last I checked the poll, most pipz want to get rid of the Exp. All feature, so I might put the Gen3 Exp. Share system back.

The encounter rate should lowered considering the amount of grass.

...Nah. :P

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Fletchling isn't a fire-type yet.

Really? I'm more out of the loop then I realized. :p

You will get the option of choosing Kalos starters if you chose not to rescue Eevee from Team Rocket.

Ooh story branching! Now that I know Rocket are good people (hopefully) ill give that a try.

...I forgot where it was from.

Anyone else have an idea?

I replaced all contest icons with the Physical, Special, Status, Fairy and Chaos types. I added Aria type without replacing any tags.

You can add types without replacing any in 3rd gen? Is there a tutorial on that? Or did you accomplish that by yourself? Either way, noice.

Yeah. There's a small chance of getting a box inside the box. Boxception

Insert SpongeBob gif.

He was supposed to be a talking protag, but conversations took a loooooooooooooong time to be finished, hence why I turned him into a silent protag during the adventure.

Really? I feel like the npcs recapping what he said would take the same amount of time. Eh, what do I know, I haven't gotten too far in writing protagonist dialog myself.

Didn't really get the chance to properly turn it the same way as how it works in the Gen6 games. Last I checked the poll, most pipz want to get rid of the Exp. All feature, so I might put the Gen3 Exp. Share system back.

It seems pretty evenly split at the moment. Maybe people would change their minds if it was a little more gen 6 like. Up to you though.

...Nah. :P

Time to stock up on repels. :)

Whoops, screwed the quote layout. Eh, its fine we have different fonts. One more thing I forgot to mention. I recommend showing a forest clearing behind Victors gym from the outsiDe to show that you can go through there.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh one more thing I forgot. Noibats sprite is missing a pixel. Its hard to tell but you can see through to the background somewhere on its head.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-28-05-32-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-05-32-51.png
    33 KB · Views: 27
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
Could someone be helpful enough to confirm if Snorunt is in Reign of Legends? I have looked on threads that seem to say it is yet I cannot find one despite looking for ages, and since there is no list of Pokemon Locations to check I need to be a pain here and ask for assistance :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
Well, I'm now playing the third part of your hack series, and I really like that it has its own OST (the song that plays at the beginning and in the snowy routes is from Digimon, isn't it?). I have a couple of questions related to this game:

1-After regaining the five symbols, the guide rock says that I can take two paths, so I've made some savestates to be able to know what happens in each path without having to restart the game. The problem begins when I go to Breeze Island (I suppose that to fight Team Earth there) and I find all the houses cloused, and when I try to talk to the only Earth grunt there my Pokémon team is shown, and no matter what I do, when the screen returns to the overworld, the game crashes. Fortunately I'm able to continue the game through the other evil team's plot, but I have curiosity to see what happens there...

2-The concept of Normal, Good and Bad modes... How does it affect the game? Does it alter the storyline? Or is it more in a difficulty sense?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
any updates for broken timeline?

Aside from fixing bugs and changing a few graphics, no, I haven't updated BT in a while. My focus at the moment is on my MLP:FiM fanfic. I'm only three chapters away from finishing [Arc 2] of the fic, and when it's done, I'll put the fic on hold again and shift my focus to BT. :3

1-After regaining the five symbols, the guide rock says that I can take two paths, so I've made some savestates to be able to know what happens in each path without having to restart the game. The problem begins when I go to Breeze Island (I suppose that to fight Team Earth there) and I find all the houses cloused, and when I try to talk to the only Earth grunt there my Pokémon team is shown, and no matter what I do, when the screen returns to the overworld, the game crashes. Fortunately I'm able to continue the game through the other evil team's plot, but I have curiosity to see what happens there...

I need to investigate why that happens. Anyway, after you brought the DArk Organization down, you can try surfing back to Breeze Island and see if the even triggers there.

2-The concept of Normal, Good and Bad modes... How does it affect the game? Does it alter the storyline? Or is it more in a difficulty sense?

It alters the story and events only slightly, but in the end all three modes will still return to one story path.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
I need to investigate why that happens. Anyway, after you brought the DArk Organization down, you can try surfing back to Breeze Island and see if the even triggers there.

It alters the story and events only slightly, but in the end all three modes will still return to one story path.

Ok, thanks. If it's useful to be known, I'm using the last patch that was released for the hack (the one that has 2016 in the title). I'll edit this post when I try in the save where I've already defeated the Dark organization, to see if this glitch keeps happening.

EDIT: Yes, it works. The grunt has made me a certain question, so I guess I'll need more saves xD.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Now that I'm done writing [Act 2] of my MLP:FiM fanfiction, it's time for me to shift my focus back to my ROM hack. Here's something I have recently made in the game. It's nothing much, but hey, it's progress, right?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Sir I read in the fb page you need a save file is that true?

Yeah, I was asking for one, but no worries. I'm playing on my phone now. It shouldn't take me long to reach beta 1's end point. :3

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
NciF787.png
PRQC0jl.png
I'm glad to see the new events are working as intended. Yey for progress~
vO6GusV.png

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
l30oFFp.png
lXy12YH.png

Yes, there's a typo on the second screenshot. No need to point it out. I derped and I'll always derp. :V

And with that, I will be moving to making maps, but I hate mapping because it's freaking boring, so except updates to be slow once again. Sigh...

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
hey I would like to request another Pokemon rescue rangers hack. it is very good plz continue it

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I'm currently trying to figure out how to get the metal for Martilyo. I've already spoken to all of Team Rocket in Moonlight Town but nothing....

Back