• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2016
Hey guys, ManInTheMask here.
For those that do not know, Jagold has given me permission to take the recent version of Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends and fix the inconsistencies and/or mixed up details within the game, such as getting the Pokémon's stats and data right, fixing the PokéDex and cries, and so on. I have currently finished a first version of the cleaned up game, and will now post the link to download the file. Note that just like the downloads on the main threads of this page, this file is in .ups format, so you will need to patch it. Other than that, have fun!

What is fixed in v4.1:
-All Pokémon have the correct growth rates, PokéDex species/categories (Ex: Palkia, who replaces Kangaskhan is no longer called the "PARENT POKéMON," and is once again the "SPACIAL POKéMON"), PokéDex color groups, base friendship values, and hatch rates.
-All Pokémon have the right Egg Groups and have the correct Egg Moves as well. Any Pokémon that had Dark Beam and Heaven Beam for Egg Moves do not have them anymore, rightfully (and technically) making them signature moves again.
-A few map and text issues/inconsistencies were fixed.
-The Vigoroth in the beginning of the game that help the character move in play the right Pokémon cry when you talk to them.
-Some Pokémon should have the correct footprint images, as well as a custom one made for Baby Lugia, who replaces Feebas.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nnd8k4kd7x5nn5q/Reign_of_Legends_v4_1.ups

I hope you enjoy the fixed patch, and I will be sure to fix more in-game details and post a v4.2 soon.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Does anyone know exactly which Ruby rom is needed to patch? I've tried every US Ruby rom I could find, including my own backup and I keep getting a patching error. Ignoring the patching error causes the game to crash. This happens for Reign of Legends, Rescue Rangers, and Life of Guardians.

Trainer 766

Does anyone know exactly which Ruby rom is needed to patch? I've tried every US Ruby rom I could find, including my own backup and I keep getting a patching error. Ignoring the patching error causes the game to crash. This happens for Reign of Legends, Rescue Rangers, and Life of Guardians.

Find a Ruby 1.0 rom.Not the mugs one.Just USA Ruby v1.0.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
The thing is, I already tried a Ruby 1.0 rom. Two different ones, in fact. Neither worked. I'm pretty sure my Ruby Cartridge is also 1.0 and roms can't get cleaner than ones you back up yourself. Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks.
I always use
0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) 1.0..
for patching any ruby ROM hacks.And I never had any patching problem.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
The thing is, I already tried a Ruby 1.0 rom. Two different ones, in fact. Neither worked. I'm pretty sure my Ruby Cartridge is also 1.0 and roms can't get cleaner than ones you back up yourself. Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks.

on new polished Reign of legends use ruby 1.1 rom

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
I hav 2 badges now but i dunno what 2 do.....
Cant get through the cave because i dont have rock smash n dunno where 2 find it....

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
I play Broken Timeline now...
Now i got 3 badges but i dunno what the smith want...
he keep sayin that he wants things from team rockets boxes but nothing happens when i click the boxes....i think it was a metal but not sure......dunno what 2 do....

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I might have posted this before, but I really can't remember if I did; feel free to entirely disregard this:

It would be cool if you posted a graphic (it could even just be text) showing the full timeline(s) of the Ruby Destiny series, detailing important events and such (especially where the separate timelines interact). Of course, some kind of timeline chart is not really necessary because anyone can learn anything they need to know from playing the games. However, it would be handy to be able to quickly obtain information such as amount of time between the games or even just a plot detail or intricacy which I might have forgotten. (Since RD is a fan game, there's no wiki or anything like that, haha!)

Basically, I'm asking because Ruby Destiny is actually one of my favorite video game series, so having all the important information in a condensed format would be very beneficial for someone like me. Maybe others would agree, idk. It is just a suggestion, however, because I understand that you might be too busy to be bothered with something like this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
I'm playing Life of Guardians. How soon can you get Pokeballs to catch wild Pokemon? No offense, but I'm sick of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle as the starters. I wanted to use Combee, but I can't buy or find any Pokeballs. Is there any way to get one before the first Gym?

side note: Are there Gen 4 moves in this game? Vespequin's strength is in its Gen 4 moves. Power Gem, Attack Order, Heal Order and the like.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'm playing Life of Guardians. How soon can you get Pokeballs to catch wild Pokemon? No offense, but I'm sick of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle as the starters. I wanted to use Combee, but I can't buy or find any Pokeballs. Is there any way to get one before the first Gym?

side note: Are there Gen 4 moves in this game? Vespequin's strength is in its Gen 4 moves. Power Gem, Attack Order, Heal Order and the like.
Wait until after the academy thing is done, then you'll be able to get pokeballs

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
i assume jagold just ran out of steam, creating 3 (2 and a half) fantastic hacks and spending years after polishing them takes a lot out of you i'm sure.

in any event the OP was edited on july 28th so jagold is still active certainly, perhaps they can shed more light on the situation

Back