• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    The next demo is right around the corner. Demo v2 will span 6 gyms, and is significantly more feature-packed than the previous demo.The dex in the main post has been updated with 47 more Pokemon, 18 of which are from generation 8 and are represented with a "?" icon for now. Expect a trailer in the next couple of weeks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Will my existing save be compatible with Demo V2?

Unfortunately old save files are not compatible. There's some major new features that break old saves. BUT, there is new content in the demo v1 sections of the game, so it's not just gonna be a boring grind to get back to where you were.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    What I'm wondering... Did you manage to implement the FireRed Engine upgrade that was recently posted? Afair you were posting in that thread.

Edit: When starting the game I manage to get to the first Pokemon, but then I'm returned to the starting screen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    What I'm wondering... Did you manage to implement the FireRed Engine upgrade that was recently posted? Afair you were posting in that thread.

Edit: When starting the game I manage to get to the first Pokemon, but then I'm returned to the starting screen.

No i did not. the cfru has too many pieces that are incompatible with what's already in saffron. i may take time to fix the inconsistencies down the road if possible. if you're crashing at the start than you patched it over a bad rom. there's two versions of firered 1.0 out there and only one seems to work.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Well, I dont really crash in terms of freezing or crashing, the games just resets. Anyway, I will just use another ROM. And even after replaying the intro for several times I have to say I like it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    This looks really great. I just began thr game, and I knew when the intro scene played that this is going to be good.

One thing though. I notice that tackle has 40 bp and growth only raise sp. Atk. Does this mean some attacks are stilll gen 3 standard? Also fury cutter has a base of 30 is this intentional?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    I'm right before the 6th badge and was playing around my team, when I noticed, that Mega Scizor doesnt have an ability and Mega Blaziken doesnt get Speed Boost. Also can you tell me where to get a Feebas. Does it work the same way as in Emerald with the 6 (?) spots? In the town where some of them were swimming around I couldnt find any after like 30 tries with both rods and swimming.

Anyway, I really enjoy the game. The story is not astonishlingy outstanding but more logical than others I've seen and also does a good job of explaining the region. Well, I really like the graphics, the way you handled HMs, especially the flying system. The maps also dont feel crowded in terms of diversity which is very nice. I cannot remember which town but in one I got kinda swarmed with TMs by NPCs. I personally would rather find them spread across the map (maybe I missed some?) but I wont complain about them being handed to me. Also the maps look really lively and vibrant without being stuffed with too much clutter.

I cannot remember stumbling across gamebreaking or other severe bugs. Seems very well balanced too although I (as a non competitve player) thing that the gym leaders could be quite a bit stronger in terms of movesets and items.

All in all a very good hack, I can really recommend giving it a try. Looking forward to the next demo too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    How to evolve Pokemon that require trade, such as Haunter, Seadra, etc.?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Are there regional forms for electric type besides off alolan raichu and alolan geodude line?

Back