• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    I understand that it may be from the movie of the 90s, but the idea has been in my hack since 2014, you can check it, I worked that background. min 0:32

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    So, I just happen evolve my graveler to golem, but it's evolve into an Alolan Golem. Is it a bug?
    i.imgur.com/CZiwlpk.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Sorry but that's my tileset, and it's private. Please remove it from your hack, you didn't even asked me for permission.

I apologize, I found the image online and was unaware it was used in a hack. It will be removed in the next release of Saffron. However, the image is just an indexed version of a screenshot from the original Pokemon movie, so I will recreate it and use my remake.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Does anyone besides Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. have the rights to decide that though?

Edit:I believe anyone has the same right to use things like screenshots from movies so you could just use it anyway with no permission needed.It's good the scene from your hack won't get completely changed only because of this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2020
    I cannot patch the .gba file. I have downloaded FireRed v.1.0. Using Multipatch for mac I get error: "Patching Failed Failed to apply IPS patch: Couldn't read input patch. What exactly are you doing?" other hacks seem to work when patching this version of FireRed. looking forward to playing this I just need some help...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    Possible dumb question here:

So I noticed that during trainer battles after I defeat a Pokémon, the opposing trainer will send out their next mon without the game asking if I'd like to switch out my Pokemon or not. Is this a feature or a bug?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @IknowU

It's also a feature in the vanilla games. In your options set the battle style to ''shift'' if you want to be able to change your pokemon before the other is sent out. In Saffron it's probably set to ''set'' by default.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    @NirvanaBruh
    Asking questions regarding the arrival of an update or game release is not advised. An update will be out when the creator feels the update is ready for public play. Remember, The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Has anybody gotten the underwater egg found before Pomelo Island to hatch yet? What is it? It's taking me forever to get it to hatch and I just want to know if its worth the wait or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Pokémon Saffron Version

Pokémon Saffron Version

Sorry but that's my tileset, and it's private. Please remove it from your hack, you didn't even asked me for permission.

Hey there, I don't think that's how that works. The picture is not a direct rip from your game, its a screenshot from a Pokemon Movie. so you can't demand credit for it as if it's your game's custom made asset.

If my ROM hack uses the Overworld Sprites from HGSS, I can't demand credit from you for that since I used it first. Because it's not my asset or yours, it belongs to The Pokemon Company.

I can use any of the graphics/music/ideas of Pokemon Games or Movies in my fan creation as I am not making money off it/taking credit for it. I don't think mattymannnn has any obligation to credit you/ change his hack for a screenshot from a movie that you don't own or haven't created.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    For reference's sake, here is the original mural from the movie.
    Pokémon Saffron Version

And here is the worked version from Nachoius:
    Pokémon Saffron Version

This is one of those debates that could easily spiral out of control since its a big grey area where everyone has their opinion (and some of them can be quite divergent). However, the matter of the fact is the author of this hack already said he was going to remove that particular scene back in May 2nd and rework it into a version he can use for himself. He made his choice. We're a bit too late to give any kind of input on that matter, doing so now just risks getting this thread off-topic...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    If I may ask what is the length of the next release?

The next version will end after the elite4+champion battles. The release after that will explore a smaller second region.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Don't worry about this issue. I've already recreated the image in higher quality. The intro cut scene has not changed at all 👍

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Sorry to ask but when will the new beta be released because in my opinion it Is one of the if not the best hacks EVER.I can't belive you actually managed to put dynamax and mega evolution in the same Game.Really looking forward to play The new beta.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    Saffron hack Rom/2019 version D2

Saffron rom 2019 Help needed, gave two fossils to fossil guy now where do I go from here?

Back