• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
  • Do you know how to encrypt on Pokemon Rom? Make other people cannot open it when use the Map, Gen 3 tool, NSE and etc. I open some hacked game, it shows not supported Rom, so because it has been encrypted.

What can be encrypted is Essentials-made Fangames, not Romhacks.
    Currently, tools can not open hacks with added moves/abilities because they only work with unmodded games.

Years
  • What can be encrypted is Essentials-made Fangames, not Romhacks.
    Currently, tools can not open hacks with added moves/abilities because they only work with unmodded games.

Some of hacked game has been encrypted, it doesn't do any expand in moves, numbers and etc. But Map, Gen 3 tool cannot open that Rom, it shows unsupported ROM. Such as v3.0 can be opened, v3.0 bug fixed version cannot be opened, so it 100% probability has been encrypted. What is this kind of encrypt? Do you know Pokemon EbonyPhantom 5.0EX The Boundless Chaos? If you change the Pokemon image and repoint it, it will shows different colors of Magikarp when you check the summary of Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    There's no such thing like ROM encrypting.
    What kind of tools you use, firstly. If you gonna spread bullshit without explaining it i think that it will fall into definition of spam.

Years
  • This hack is really great so far, but I've come upon an oddity when using it with prime-dialga's Day Night Seasons inserter. Depending on the palette edits chosen for the time, Beautifly either becomes glitchy or causes the game to crash. Specifically, choosing a palette that mimics the ones used in Eccentric Emerald causes a crash any time the sprite is loaded while the default DNS palette only causes a glitchy sprite. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Years
  • Follow me has not his gen 6 priority.
    I would like to see the sprite animations again, hopefully it can be possible on the next updates. The game becomes better and better :).

Years
  • Follow me has not his gen 6 priority.
    I would like to see the sprite animations again, hopefully it can be possible on the next updates. The game becomes better and better :).
    Yup! My newest build has Gen V styled sprites and animations for every Pokemon (big thanks to MrDS for the amazing sprite resource!) Here's a little sneak peek:
    3TZk69D.gif

Alpha 8 (or v1 as I might name it, since "Alpha" may confuse people and lead them to see SE as a "play to x point then wait for next release" type of hack) will be a big update because of the huge changes some learnsets have gone through from Gen 3 to Gen 6. Now only Pokemon from Hoothoot to Celebi need updates to their level-up moves, so we're getting pretty close :D

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Alpha 8 (or v1 as I might name it, since "Alpha" may confuse people and lead them to see SE as a "play to x point then wait for next release" type of hack)

I think that's smart, my plan was for Alpha to be the builds before adding new abilities and Beta to start once the new abilities were added. Looks like it's complete enough by now that you can skip the Beta phase {XD}

Years
  • Alright ladies and gents! It's taken long enough, but OP has been updated with SE v1! ^^ It was very tough working on this update because of how much stuff had to be changed and how restricting my schedule has been with spare time.

Like always, a changelog is added at OP with this release so you guys can see what has changed within the game. Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    tumblr_mvcqsuXHNv1r63lkzo3_500.png

It's been 3000 years...

Okay, i have little nitpic from the start: I think that giving a custom moveset without STAB for starter in a first battle with rival could be more... fair? Choosing a Treecko right now is kinda pointless because with his low bulk he just can't win against Torchic without some overgrinding. Even in ORAS rival's starter don't have STAB in this first battle.

Last edited:

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • Finally, v1 hits!

It's pretty good so far, except Poochyena's back sprite is quite a bit above the text box. Next build, could you please fix all the battle sprites to the best of your ability?

Years
  • Okay, i have little nitpic from the start: I think that giving a custom moveset without STAB for starter in a first battle with rival could be more... fair? Choosing a Treecko right now is kinda pointless because with his low bulk he just can't win against Torchic without some overgrinding. Even in ORAS rival's starter don't have STAB in this first battle.
    Got it. This is easily done using a trainer editor, so a hotfix might be released later today. I left it as is because I thought I remembered them having STAB during my ORAS playthrough :P
    Finally, v1 hits!

It's pretty good so far, except Poochyena's back sprite is quite a bit above the text box. Next build, could you please fix all the battle sprites to the best of your ability?
    The sprites were batch imported with A-Series; I was focused more on overhauling the learnsets, so there might be glitches like that here and there.

Thanks for the bug reports guys! If you find any more errors with the positioning of some sprites, be sure to report them either here or via PM. I'll be putting out quick fixes over the next few days to polish up this release.

EDIT: Going through the sprite positions right now. Expect a fix within the hour.
    EDIT 2: Done. v1.1 is up with the rival and sprite fixes!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Aw man, I just finished the main game with 4.4 two days ago haha. Well at least I can use more viable sets for the Battle Frontier thanks to the new moves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Jesus Christ, i don't know if this was intended, but because of low level of Qwillfish, it's an
    unexpectedly MURDEROUS pokemon. On level 7 the one that i found has Hydro Pump, Spikes, Destiny Bond and Water Gun. I think that Hydro Pump and Destiny Bond were intended to be available via move relearner, but because of Qwillfish level they are in his start movepool. I don't know how to handle this, tho...

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Jesus Christ, i don't know if this was intended, but because of low level of Qwillfish, it's an
    unexpectedly MURDEROUS pokemon. On level 7 the one that i found has Hydro Pump, Spikes, Destiny Bond and Water Gun. I think that Hydro Pump and Destiny Bond were intended to be available via move relearner, but because of Qwillfish level they are in his start movepool. I don't know how to handle this, tho...

The only workaround I know to this is to make the Pokemon inacessible during early game. I think the simplest solution in this case is to change wild encounters in certain maps and make it impossible to catch Qwilfish until the player gets Surf. If you end up encountering more overpowered Pokemon like this, please let me know :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    The only workaround I know to this is to make the Pokemon inacessible during early game. I think the simplest solution in this case is to change wild encounters in certain maps and make it impossible to catch Qwilfish until the player gets Surf. If you end up encountering more overpowered Pokemon like this, please let me know :)
    Is there some specific gen that you're following? Because from what I see... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Qwilfish_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up
    Qwilfish shouldn't have Hydro Pump / Destiny Bond to begin with. It seems that the real problem is that you got rid of Tackle and Poison Sting. I actually agree that you should move it, but for the reason that it seems too strong for the level 5-10 zone, not because of its moveset.

Years
  • Is there some specific gen that you're following? Because from what I see... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Qwilfish_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up
    Qwilfish shouldn't have Hydro Pump / Destiny Bond to begin with. It seems that the real problem is that you got rid of Tackle and Poison Sting. I actually agree that you should move it, but for the reason that it seems too strong for the level 5-10 zone, not because of its moveset.
    I'm following the Gen 6 learnsets. What tool did you use to check Qwilfish's level-ups? According to G3T it still learns Tackle and Poison Sting at level 1 :/
    Spoiler:

Back