• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Simulacra!

Are you content with the graphics of this hack?

• No, new tiles and palettes are needed.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, everything works well with each other.

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • There are only a few things that should change. (Specify in post)

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    In all honesty I like the new tiles you just posted, they go rather well together In my opinion. A few things looked a bit odd about the old ones. I would think you'd keep the new ones, but It's your choice. Very nice hack as well your story is very well written. Please keep up the good work.

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years
    I think the newer tiles will look better overall. You might have to tweak the city palettes some more, but it'll be easier than working with the brighter greens. I'm personally a fan of slightly brighter colors rather than desaturated tiles, but those bold greens don't appeal to me as much as the alternate palette you posted. Good luck working it out!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I can try to be a mapper..

Example:

Pokémon Simulacra!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This seems interesting...

Pokémon Simulacra!

Maybe... Maybe not...
    These are actually kind of hawt! :D

But, both tiles are good with me. Maybe you could do a mix-up between the two. Have two different trees and two different Wild Pokémon Grass. But, it all depends on you~

Good luck~ <3

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I can try to be a mapper..

Example:

Pokémon Simulacra!

Thank you for the offer, but I really do not need a mapper. Since mapping is really my best quality, I can do all of that myself. Also, it seems that you are just starting out as a mapper. I suggest going here to looks for some mapping tutorials. Good luck with that. ^_^

And thanks everyone for the comments on the new tiles and palettes. I'm still debating whether I should use them or not. Also, don't consider those tiles final, because I'm constantly experimenting with tiles and palettes so if I find something that I like, I may post that to get some opinions.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I'm liking how this hack looks. The story is good, and I know the maps will definitely be awesome :P
    About the tiles, we've all been through, that :P Keep experimenting; sometimesa little palette change will make a big difference ;)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I actually think that I prefer some of your naturality maps to older maps. they were good but they were so... so....by the book if you know what I mean.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I actually think that I prefer some of your naturality maps to older maps. they were good but they were so... so....by the book if you know what I mean.

I always would strive for playability in my maps, but then I figured I would try natural maps with good playability. I think they'll look much better.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
    I think your pallettes are too bright, in particular the trees. Would you consider changing them?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    It all looks fine to me, though I agree with Andyp159 that the trees could be darkened just a little bit. Also, Diagonal mountains is a first to Pokemon, and it looks awesome!

Back