• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Simulacra!

Are you content with the graphics of this hack?

• No, new tiles and palettes are needed.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, everything works well with each other.

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • There are only a few things that should change. (Specify in post)

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years
    Just agreeing with some of the comments here. Your natural mapping skills are definetly top-notch, so keep up the great work with that! Natural mapping combined with the playability of your maps would make for an amazing combo. Also, the diagonal mountain slope also caught my attention! Great idea, imo. I always like to increase the level of creativity and precision I can use when putting my personal ideas into map form. Good luck using those in your mapping!

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Well, this is a bigger mapshot to show off more of the new tiles. And if anyone hasn't found out yet, this is going to be on Emerald now. I'm going to get the Fire Red tag switched to an Emerald one if I can.

Pokémon Simulacra!

Emosh

..iReign 24/7..
    Years
    The screenshots look amazing.. I mean its a GBA game but it looks worthy enough to be meant for the DS.. Looking foward to this man..

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Well, this is a bigger mapshot to show off more of the new tiles. And if anyone hasn't found out yet, this is going to be on Emerald now. I'm going to get the Fire Red tag switched to an Emerald one if I can.

Pokémon Simulacra!
    If you use emerald remember to backup a lot, because it is so unstable. personaly I would switch to ruby. It is far less likely to crash, and has almost all of the features of emerald.
    EDIT: the whole "ruby has bad graphics" thing is only true about the default tiles in my experience.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years

Pokémon Simulacra!
    Well that tall grass tile confirmed it for me. Glad to see I could convince someone else to give it a try. If you want, I can insert the Fire Red PokéCenter and PokéMart door animations for you. I just finished it for my own ROM last night.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    i love everything - but one thing there is that i dont like that much - the pokecenter does look very wierd - my advice to you would be to replace that with the HS/SS Tiles for pokecenter (those are cool)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    If you use emerald remember to backup a lot, because it is so unstable. personaly I would switch to ruby. It is far less likely to crash, and has almost all of the features of emerald.

That's wrong, Sab. Emerald isn't unstable - it depends on how the Hacker hacks. And I don't think switching to Ruby helps at all. I think that Sasquatchdood will make this Hack gigantic so a Rom with a good amout of Free Space and OW's are required. And

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Emerald isn't unstable. That's a common misconception around here. I'd rather use Emerald over Ruby.

EDIT: And about the back up part, I used to back up three to five times a day before the switch. And I will probably back up at least as much now. So I'm sure I won't have any problems.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I really don't like your new mapping style over your old one. A good policy for this is, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'
    That applies perfectly for your mapping. The tiles look fantastic though... just the mapping... =/

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I really don't like your new mapping style over your old one. A good policy for this is, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'
    That applies perfectly for your mapping. The tiles look fantastic though... just the mapping... =/

To be honest, I'm most likely to go back to my old style. I just can't fit every block edit in that I do. There isn't enough blocks for me to do it. I get so set with an idea of how something will look and because of that, I end up with ten blocks that will only ever be used once. I just made a map for fun with a separate copy of the ROM and I pretty much ruined the blocks. So you can probably expect my old mapping back.

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years
    To be honest, I'm most likely to go back to my old style. I just can't fit every block edit in that I do. There isn't enough blocks for me to do it. I get so set with an idea of how something will look and because of that, I end up with ten blocks that will only ever be used once. I just made a map for fun with a separate copy of the ROM and I pretty much ruined the blocks. So you can probably expect my old mapping back.

Either way I'm not really complaining. Your maps with the full-on naturality style also looked very good, but it's pretty clear what a nightmare those blocks must be. With your mapping abilities, you'll probably keep on producing great maps even without the natural style. I guess I'm a bigger fan of the natural maps just for the looks, but personally I'd usually stick closer to your typical mapping style. G'luck!

EDIT: Your old mapping style has a more unique feel to it anyways, so that's always good to have in a map. ;P

Last edited:
    Back