• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Ok, so this hack is amazing, I love everything about it

well, almost everything

I have Mysteryegg and Gigawolf in my team, but they look like Delibird and Diglett in the Pokemon selection screen, but if I send them out, they look fine. What's going on? And whenever I receive a Pokemon such as the egg or Magikarp (which is now a Gyarados in my team), the screen goes all blury and stupid, and the only way I can remove it is either going into my pokemon, bag, options, basically any screen but the overworld one (entering a battle also fixes it). This also happens whenever I have a random encounter, but when I go to battle, the screen looks fine. Do I have an outdated version, or what? I downloaded Snakewood from Coolrom.com, could that be it?

P.S. where is the download if I have an outdated version? All there is in the .zip file is something called Snakewood fix, achievements and interview file. Do I add the file into something, or what?

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
Years
The Snakewood fix file is a .ips from memory, if you downloaded snakewood from coolrom it's most likely not the most current version, here's what you should do.

1) In your current game, go to a pokemon center and save (This will stop the possibility of patching messing up the map you're in)
2) Exit your emulator and use an .ips patcher to patch the snakewood fix file onto the existing snakewood rom you downloaded
3) Relaunch your game and the problems should have been solved

Hopefully that helped you out

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 10, 2014
inheartstaco

Thank you so much, the patch worked perfectly, and now my Gigawolf and Egg can be seen in all their glory. Gonna go bust some zombies now :)

By the way, what is your Avatar picture? It looks really nice.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
I've just reached the elite four and i was wondering if there are any legendaries i can catch BEFORE the elite four. i have unlimited Afro balls so thats not a problem

p.s where can i download the most upto date version and how i looked it up but im a noob

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
I've just reached the elite four and i was wondering if there are any legendaries i can catch BEFORE the elite four. i have unlimited Afro balls so thats not a problem

p.s where can i download the most upto date version and how i looked it up but im a noob

I think the legendaries that catchable before the elite four is Luca Zamon, Tea Barqan, and Roclobster

Btw, i have a question, Prof.Birch is calling you when you get out from the League Building after defeating the Elite Four, but Prof.Birch never call me, and some people is using wall hack to go trough to the Lilycove Sewer, but the wall hack is not work for me, is there any other way to make Prof.Birch call me?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Btw, i have a question, Prof.Birch is calling you when you get out from the League Building after defeating the Elite Four, but Prof.Birch never call me, and some people is using wall hack to go trough to the Lilycove Sewer, but the wall hack is not work for me, is there any other way to make Prof.Birch call me?

Ar you playing the latest version ? If not go to the first post to download the ips patch. Then patch it ( with LIPS patching )in a CLEAN Ruby rom .
If you have the latest version though , I don't know any way to make him call you ( aside from beating pokemon league ).However You can try this walk through walls code to get in lilicove sewers ( they are in the place where team magma hideout was in Ruby )
Walk Through Walls : CE2CCCB2-5D8D815D

AriaOfTheStar

Fuuka-type Trainer
Years
I am stuck on the SS.Cangjero. I went back, looking for a Ditto, because I released mine like a dumbass. I had to use WTW to get into it (I went in through the musuem thing in Rustboro. I caught a Ditto but now I can't get out. I am close to deleting the game because I can't leave. I tried a Teleporter and I couldn't leave, I tried TP codes and they didn't work either.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
Ar you playing the latest version ? If not go to the first post to download the ips patch. Then patch it ( with LIPS patching )in a CLEAN Ruby rom .
If you have the latest version though , I don't know any way to make him call you ( aside from beating pokemon league ).However You can try this walk through walls code to get in lilicove sewers ( they are in the place where team magma hideout was in Ruby )
Walk Through Walls : CE2CCCB2-5D8D815D

damn man thank you so much for the code, i can continue my snakewood after 2 months stuck :D

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I am stuck on the SS.Cangjero. I went back, looking for a Ditto, because I released mine like a dumbass. I had to use WTW to get into it (I went in through the musuem thing in Rustboro. I caught a Ditto but now I can't get out. I am close to deleting the game because I can't leave. I tried a Teleporter and I couldn't leave, I tried TP codes and they didn't work either.
Dude don't delete the game you'll regret it. It's one of the best hacks around here , just saying. Try using Walk Through Walls to get out you will find a way out. If not working try using a warp code
you should search for it here →http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemonrubycodes.htm
damn man thank you so much for the code, i can continue my snakewood after 2 months stuck :D
Haha glad it worked . Enjoy the rest of the game ( one of the best around in my opinion ). Just remember to make frequent saves because you might get stuck . I don't want to spoil it for you just save frequently :P

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I cannot find the warp codes you are talking about. And I have used WTW to no avail.

Look , I just went in by using WTW through the devon corp. building in rustboro ( the museum you said ). I went down where the elevator is ( the one you fix when you go 2nd time there ) . After i used the elevator i found a teleporter. the teleporter returned me to the floor where usher is ( the owner of ss cargrejo ) if you talk to him you'll be instantly teleported to fortree town . You'll make it , it might take a little bit of time however. Search for the teleporter .

AriaOfTheStar

Fuuka-type Trainer
Years
Look , I just went in by using WTW through the devon corp. building in rustboro ( the museum you said ). I went down where the elevator is ( the one you fix when you go 2nd time there ) . After i used the elevator i found a teleporter. the teleporter returned me to the floor where usher is ( the owner of ss cargrejo ) if you talk to him you'll be instantly teleported to fortree town . You'll make it , it might take a little bit of time however. Search for the teleporter .

Well whatever. I cleared the save states and I'm starting over.

Ok, so this hack is amazing, I love everything about it

well, almost everything

I have Mysteryegg and Gigawolf in my team, but they look like Delibird and Diglett in the Pokemon selection screen, but if I send them out, they look fine. What's going on? And whenever I receive a Pokemon such as the egg or Magikarp (which is now a Gyarados in my team), the screen goes all blury and stupid, and the only way I can remove it is either going into my pokemon, bag, options, basically any screen but the overworld one (entering a battle also fixes it). This also happens whenever I have a random encounter, but when I go to battle, the screen looks fine. Do I have an outdated version, or what? I downloaded Snakewood from Coolrom.com, could that be it?

P.S. where is the download if I have an outdated version? All there is in the .zip file is something called Snakewood fix, achievements and interview file. Do I add the file into something, or what?

Mysteryegg and Gigawolfs party sprites are supposed to look like that. Cutlerine didn't design sprites for out of game. And I have no idea how to help you with the second problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
Haha glad it worked . Enjoy the rest of the game ( one of the best around in my opinion ). Just remember to make frequent saves because you might get stuck . I don't want to spoil it for you just save frequently :P

well, i already finished the game without getting stuck again and catch all the legendaries :D, currently waiting for Faceleech egg to hatch

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Turmur and Ditto

btw, is pokemon named Mewby really exist in this game or not? :\

Thanks
What ? Mewby ??? I think i know what you mean. You mean the one next to kamina on this
picture → http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...s_for_people_to_see_by_aoisora19s-d5pm1fp.png
I think it exists in the games data but it isn't catchable since it doesn't appear anywhere :/
Cutlerine wanted to add more stuff but i think he said ( a long time before ) that snakewood was too buggy to work on it anymore ...

Back