• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Emerald

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
This one definately has gotten my interest ... From earlier posts it has been mentioned that it's -mostly- complete ( or am I wrong ? ) also I'm feeling grateful that you have released two patches since I don't want to play a game with the difficulty of Expert emerald ( really tough...). Before playing I would like to ask something . If I remember correctly in Expert emerald we had to do some sort of editing in the game's memory (?) in order to activate the event tickets... Does this apply in this hack too ( I remember not being able to go to tge event isles in Expert emerald because I play through an android phone...) ? Or it is implemented in another way ? ( e.g. an npc that warps you there or something like that )

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2023
So I'm on Route 102, searching for Eevee. 40 Pokemon later, still no Eevee. Is this a glitch or am I just horribly unlucky?

Edit: I've been searching for over an hour now and I'm losing hope. Is Eevee even on Route 102? If not, someone needs to redo the location guide.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So I'm on Route 102, searching for Eevee. 40 Pokemon later, still no Eevee. Is this a glitch or am I just horribly unlucky?

Edit: I've been searching for over an hour now and I'm losing hope. Is Eevee even on Route 102? If not, someone needs to redo the location guide.

Yes Eevee is found on Route 102, it only has a 1% chance of appearing though.

--

I'm getting a black screen before fighting the Team Aqua grunt in Rustburo Tunnel, I've attempted it on both patches and both have the same result.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Also there are pokemons that hold ??????? when you catch them. so far i've only seen skorupi and budew.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2023
I get a black screen after talking to the Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel. How do I fix this?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Also there are pokemon that holds ??????? when you catch them. so far i've only seen skorupi and budew.

The legendary just before the Archie battle at Magma headquarters. (But, by resetting to get a good nature, it can hold also an Oran Berry)

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
I found a game breaking bug:

Talking to battle Team Aqua grunt in Rusturf Tunnel will end up in a black screen after showing the Team Aqua logo.

Other than that, good work on this rom hack. I hope to see it in the top lists one day

I have same problem. Black screen every time i try to fight team aqua in Rusturf Tunnel

Years
  • Age 73
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Maybe the black screen only happens with version 1.13? The previous one didn't have this problem.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
The document says M2 and Regigigas are at the frontier (Artisan Cave and Egg event respectively).
But when I went to the cave, there was no M2 event and I can't seem to find the Regigigas event.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey I love this hack, but how do I obtain the National Dex? Or is it not given at the start of the game?

Also, I ran into a black screen trying to battle the Team Aqua grunt in Whismur cave (or whatever it's called) right after the first gym battle. I cannot progress with the storyline either.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Hey I love this hack, but how do I obtain the National Dex? Or is it not given at the start of the game?

Also, I ran into a black screen trying to battle the Team Aqua grunt in Whismur cave (or whatever it's called) right after the first gym battle. I cannot progress with the storyline either.

Beat the E4 and after the credits, Prof. Birch will upgrade your Dex.

blue

gucci
Years
Fixed the black screen issue with the Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel. Download Beta 1.2 to fix this, hopefully it's a matter of loading an earlier save state and redoing the event rather than restarting the whole file.

The document says M2 and Regigigas are at the frontier (Artisan Cave and Egg event respectively).
But when I went to the cave, there was no M2 event and I can't seem to find the Regigigas event.

Talk to this guy to receive the Regigigas Egg:
PokemonEmerald494_01-2.png

As for Mewtwo, try downloading the latest patch and checking the second floor of Artisan Cave.

This one definately has gotten my interest ... From earlier posts it has been mentioned that it's -mostly- complete ( or am I wrong ? ) also I'm feeling grateful that you have released two patches since I don't want to play a game with the difficulty of Expert emerald ( really tough...). Before playing I would like to ask something . If I remember correctly in Expert emerald we had to do some sort of editing in the game's memory (?) in order to activate the event tickets... Does this apply in this hack too ( I remember not being able to go to tge event isles in Expert emerald because I play through an android phone...) ? Or it is implemented in another way ? ( e.g. an npc that warps you there or something like that )

Aside from the occasional release which covers bug fixes or small additions, this hack is pretty much complete. Both patches are included in the one download, so you can choose freely which version to play! And the Event Tickets can be received at the Battle Frontier and will activate as normal once using them at the Harbour.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
^Thanks. Gotta try to get M2 with the 1.2 patch (Was playing 1.13).
And if that doesn't work, looks like I'll have to use the one i traded from other game.

EDIT: Got Mewtwo, but the Regigigas guy is not there.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
Okay so the new patch allowed me to complete the Aqua event, but now I'm having the PokeNav problem...

blue

gucci
Years
Okay so the new patch allowed me to complete the Aqua event, but now I'm having the PokeNav problem...

The PokeNav issue shouldn't occur unless you picked up one of the Elemental Stones before the event. Did you load from a save state or start a new file since downloading?

Perriechu

Years
The PokeNav issue shouldn't occur unless you picked up one of the Elemental Stones before the event. Did you load from a save state or start a new file since downloading?

I had to start over, and I picked up the fire stone..

Back