• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Emerald

blue

gucci
Years
Hey, I patched the latest download to a clean Emerald rom and played through the game without activating any of the avoidable events you added (Old Rod, Return), receiving the eggs was unavoidable. This time I managed to receive the PokeNav and progress with no problems. I would've thought moving the Sinnoh starters helped, if there weren't so many reports of the bug since the latest patch. I'm now up to Norman, and I have a few things to report.

Kinda to be expected, and I'm sure you're aware, but a lot of the events seem to respawn. For instance the elemental stones, Bagon and most notably the Beldom egg, particularly annoying when revisiting the Trick House. But also, I noted on one occasion the Super Potion above Rustboro also respawned, even though that's not anything you added.

Jagged Pass seems to have unaltered encounters. I don't think this is intentional, but either way, it might be nice to bump the levels up a little to match the previous routes.

This was in my first attempt of playing the game, pre-PokeNav dilemma, but Stunky was holding one of those pesky ??????? items.

But so far, everything is quite enjoyable. The sprites are easy on the eyes, the only one that looks a little uncomfortable is Combee, being so close to the ground. But that's forgivable. I think this game has great replay value, I'm already anticipating my next playthrough. Hopefully I won't be on edge about the PokeNav, and things will be a little more polished, i'll let you know if I have anything to report. But you can breathe a sigh of relief that I haven't come across anything majorly catastrophic post-PokeNav.

Really appreciate the feedback! The Pokenav was the main concern, but I think moving the Sinnoh starters to a later area after this event was the main solution. I've tested activating the Egg Scripts, Return and Old Rod and that doesn't seem to effect it at all which is good. The sprites can be repositioned when I find the time, and the Egg Scripts have actually been moved in a patch that I'm anticipating to release tonight or tomorrow. Jagged Pass was something I was completely unaware of so I'll get on editing that one, as for the rest it's good that you've reached about the half way point and there's no major game crashing bugs!

Edit

[h2][/h2]
Released Beta 1.13 much quicker than I'd expected, hopefully the last release for a long time! No real major changes from the last release, now that the Pokénav Bug has been quashed it's focused on smaller updates. Download can now be found at the bottom of the thread as an attachment rather than a link. Both patches have been compressed into one file. Check change log for further details. n_n

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Wow Hoenn! You've outdone yourself! Now we just need an Emerald 721 hack

Edit: Also, how does the EXP Share work?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
I just want to clarify, is the PokeNav issue due to the elemental stones? I only ask because I'm using the newest patch, so things like Bagon aren't where they used to be, and I picked up Return, the Old Rod, and whatever items I found including the stones. However, I still didn't receive the PokeNav, so I'm just checking for confirmation. This is my third time so I just want to try and figure out what to skip past to get the PokeNav. XD

blue

gucci
Years
I just want to clarify, is the PokeNav issue due to the elemental stones? I only ask because I'm using the newest patch, so things like Bagon aren't where they used to be, and I picked up Return, the Old Rod, and whatever items I found including the stones. However, I still didn't receive the PokeNav, so I'm just checking for confirmation. This is my third time so I just want to try and figure out what to skip past to get the PokeNav. XD

It could be one of the stones, but the Moon Stone and Water Stone have both been removed, the Fire Stone can be obtained after receiving cut on Route 116 and the Leaf Stone too, but I'd recommend picking that up AFTER trying to get the Pokénav. The Sinnoh starters have been moved around Dewford/Slateport area, and Bagon has been moved to the east side exit of the cave on Route 116. Let me know if the issue still persists, I wouldn't think it would assuming you just pick up the TM, Old Rod and Eggs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
If I've gotten way past the Pokenav (5 gyms) in a 1.11 save, can I patch to 1.13 and use the same save, or should I start fresh?

blue

gucci
Years
If I've gotten way past the Pokenav (5 gyms) in a 1.11 save, can I patch to 1.13 and use the same save, or should I start fresh?

Entirely upto you. You can check out the changelog from the first release to the current release and make a decision as to whether you want to update or not. The main purpose of the releases after 1.11 was to fix the Pokenav glitch but if you've already worked around that you should be good. A couple of the moves may make your ROM crash when used, but that's been fixed in the latest patch. Basically if you're going to update I'd make a back up copy of your current game just incase patching over messes it up.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Ok there is a glitch when Marshtomp wants to learn Mud Bomb, the game freezes. It doesn't crash the game and I had already saved when it happened, so I was able to go around it. Just though you should know.

Years
I found a few bugs, too (all in the challenge mode patch):

• Wild Grotle can be found on Route 102.
  • Wild Lanturn can be found in the grass on Route 110.
  • Wild Groudon can be found on Route 121.
  • Metapod has Icicle Crash.
  • Kakuna has Gust, Hammer Arm, and Moonlight.
  • Hammer Arm's secondary effect is wrong. Instead of lowering the user's speed, it forces the user to recharge on the following turn (like Hyper Beam).
  • PokeFan Kaleb on Route 110 has a level 51 Starly.
  • If you encounter a trainer while surfing, their encounter music doesn't play (the surfing music keeps playing instead).
  • A major one: The game freezes if you look at the contest stats of any Pokémon with a Generation IV-VI move.

Also, the method to evolve Snorunt into Froslass isn't listed in the evolutions document.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
I cant even look at Shiny Stone in my bag. The game just crashes instantly. Does anyone else have the same problem? I've tried repatching rom several times and it did not help.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2021
Some moves doesn't seem to work properly. My Cubone's Bone Club and Bonemerang deals less damage than Headbutt, even to electric and fire Types, i also noticed that those moves started to deal less damage when my opponent used moves such as Amnesia. Swift also seems to doesn't work properly as My lv 21 Electabuzz's Swift deal only 1 Damage to a Wild lv 17 Murkrow. So far that's all i found.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I tried again and it worked when I didn't pick up the fire stone, but didn't work if I did pick it up. Do you think it would be safe to pick up the fire stone when I go back for the exp share?

Years
I found a game breaking bug:

Talking to battle Team Aqua grunt in Rusturf Tunnel will end up in a black screen after showing the Team Aqua logo.

Other than that, good work on this rom hack. I hope to see it in the top lists one day

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I found a game breaking bug:

Talking to battle Team Aqua grunt in Rusturf Tunnel will end up in a black screen after showing the Team Aqua logo.
It didn't in my game. The Aqua grunt event in Rusturf Tunnel worked perfectly fine for me.

Back