• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Emerald

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The reason Chansey is taking little damage is because before gen 4, Leaf Blade was considered a special based move, and Chansey's Sp.Def is higher than Manaphy's, plus it has outrageous amounts of HP.

...Yes I know all that, I said is the split in properly because Leaf Blade isn't doing the damage it should be doing to Chansey and Wailord.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
...Yes I know all that, I said is the split in properly because Leaf Blade isn't doing the damage it should be doing to Chansey and Wailord.

I think you answer your own question. If it's not doing the damage it should, it's not working properly. But let's not fret over that detail now.

Which begs the question: what P/S/S split are you using, Hoenn? Doesn't Know How to Play has a very viable patch for Emerald, last I checked. Why not use that, instead of doing the work yourself? Unless it could be the icons making the problem.

I also saw on the bug list that if you get one of the elemental stones, there's a chance that the PokeNav becomes unavailable. Don't you have to get the PokeNav before heading to Dewford? Or is it to get to Slateport? Whatever, easy fix (unless people manually insert a stone, which I don't see as your problem then), just eliminate all elemental stones (which you really shouldn't need by then) before Slateport.

I also read somewhere that it's bad to change the "???" type to Fairy, seeing as it messes with Eggs or something. I could be wrong, however.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Cannot play, the downloaded file is always 32KB and broken zip.. Help please.

EDIT:Atleast upload it somewhere else like zippyshare, it happens all the time. can't download attached files.

Last edited:

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
Years
Where do you get the National dex in this? i'm now going to dewford town and still haven't received it. In Expert Emerald,i got it on Route 102. Did they change the location of it for Spirit Emerald? don't i need it to evolve non Hoenn dex Pokemon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
i've had what i assume to be a happiny egg from the earliest point i could have gotten it with no progress meanwhile the togepi egg hatched forever ago (started on 1.11 but had already gone to 1.2 before getting the egg). Edit: the item ball (or piplup/turtwig i geuss though i've gotten all the other starters up to this point) near the lake shortcut between oldale and slateport crashes the game.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Looking at Shiny Stones either in the bag or in the buying menu from the woman who sells the stones crashes the game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hey so I've been doing a thorough playthrough of this game and I gotta say as much as I'm liking it so far, I've noticed a lot of bugs and errors. I've reached Fallarbor Town but it wasn't easy lol. To begin, there are alot of freeze bugs in this game which when you perform an action, the rom freezes. Times where this has happened to me was when I would view my party and scroll to contest moves, or even looking through some of the items in my inventory such as the shiny stone. In addition, the physical/special split is not implemented correctly. Now I'm not sure whether it officially is, however there have been several instances in battle where I felt that the power I was dishing out was underwhelming. For example, Staraptor seemed to have trouble OHKOing several PKMN with super effective STAB flying moves. Also, leaf blade did very underwhelming damage even after a 4x attack boost with Gallade. Furthermore with issues regarding moves, I feel like alot of the new moves are not implemented correctly. For instance, sucker punch does not follow the regular rules regarding the move and seems to randomly hit regardless whether I do make a move or not. To add, it flinches everytime it hits making the move completely broken. These are just a few examples with the issues I've been having with this game. I don't mean to slander it because although it is a great and upgraded remake of emerald, it does have a lot of issues I feel need to be sorted out to make it truly stand out. If you want I'll try and provide more screenshots for you and more bugs that I come across. This is a great hack and I hope you find a way to fix these problems.

-Renton

P.S did you reduce the shiny rate in this game? Because I managed to encounter two shinies when I was just at the second gym loool

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I don't know if someone already reported this, but i found a bug in Route 103
(North West of Slateport City)
There is a Pokeball and when you try to interact with it, it freezes the game
800.jpg

swoobat123

Psychic Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
i think the phycial/special split is not correct, im playing in batte factory (choose random pokemon) and i choose gyarados with adamant nature :) after used dragon dance 3 time, bite just take a little HP of chansey... and another move aren't correct too :/
and new move and new pokemon from future generation not available in batte froint (such as batte factory)
sorry for my bad english..

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Guess i just found another bug..
I caught Heatran in the Team Magma's Base which is near Lavaridge Town and it came with an item named "?????????" :/ ...
800.jpg

EDIT:
Same happened with Shaymin in Ever Grande City (I threw out of my bag those items, i don't wanna get my save corrupted or anything :/)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
hello i cant patch the game for some reason . it says the patch doesnt match the file, patching canceled .

i would really like to try this game but i cant find a clean rom for patching . anyone help please

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Guess i just found another bug..
I caught Heatran in the Team Magma's Base which is near Lavaridge Town and it came with an item named "?????????" :/ ...
800.jpg

EDIT:
Same happened with Shaymin in Ever Grande City (I threw out of my bag those items, i don't wanna get my save corrupted or anything :/)

Mostly legendaries have those.
But sometimes they have other held items (by resetting to get a good nature.), mine had a berry.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
UPDATE: So after beating the 4th gym I have come to the conclusion that the physical/special split in this game is not implemented correctly. There are just too many errors with moves as they tend to do underwhelming damage even after setting up multiple swords dances or set up moves in general. Alot of the moves don't match their typing or description as well for example, grass knot says its a grass type however its not super effective against anything. I hate rambling on about these issues but they really discourage me from continuing the playthrough as I don't seem to have much control in battles.

-Renton

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
This is my new favorite Emerald patch. I liked Expert Emerald but this is just phenomenal. It's good to see someone taking real risks with the game instead of just replacing things.

You think carefully about the changes you make, and it shows in the uniquely canon feel of your patches. I think you've come closer than anyone else to making a definitive Emerald experience, and I can't wait to see what you do from here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Which map editor was this made with? I can't tell if I'm just really unlucky or if the documentation is incorrect. I've been looking for Kricketot on Route 103 for a long time (I have a level 23 Torchic, having gone nowhere else) and haven't seen one. I've tried a few map editors and they tend to show pokemon that aren't actually on the route.

Edit: I was just really, really unlucky. Caught Kricketot! I would still like to know which map edit for future questions like this.

Last edited:
Years
I've been playing through the hack and I've found a bug with dark type resistances. I was using an absol against a haunter and a girafirig and received regular damage from a shadow ball instead of half and regular damage from a psybeam instead of none. Aside from that and the shiny stone freeze I've had no other problems and have been really enjoying the hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
It crashes when trying to look at the shiny stone in the bag and I have items below it that I can't use now, how I fix this

Back