• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon brings a Mega-file size

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Damn! Pokemon really is going all out for this game :D

I really makes me wonder how much we have to do in Sun and Moon. What if what we got in the trailers is only like A QUARTER of what we'll get to do? At this point, I believe that could be the case. Since I'm getting both versions, I have to be super careful now. Especially with the Ash-Greninja demo. I'm lucky to have enough space just for that, but still, this is gonna be a lot.

Years
  • I have to admit I'm excited about Sun & Moon being a larger filesize than both 6th Gen games combined. I know part of it is due to the more advanced rendering of the overworld, but also likely an indicator there's a huge amount of content. At least Nintendo actually warned us that we need a larger SD card if we plan to digitally download it, but I'm still going for the physical copy regardless.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I was surprised to learn about this. One of the biggest games for the 3ds now. I'm excited since it seems like it'll have more content compared to gen 6. I still plan on getting Sun as a digital copy.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Considering all of the new features they have added, the larger size of the game doesn't surprise me. I always get a physical copy (it's tradition!) so I doesn't really affect me anyway.

Years
  • Wow. I'm really glad I buy all of my games physically, have never upgraded my SD card anyway. Makes me even more excited to play since this means more content and other cool graphical/miscellaneous improvements.

Nothing beats owning the game box and cartridge. <3

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I also do physical over digital, so this doesn't impact my decision much. I do hope that means there is a lot more content. It might be because of the Chinese translations and the overworld design change, but it's still exciting!

Back