• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    I'm really hoping for info on the legendaries and maybe a reveal of each starter's final evolutions. Maybe Mega Evolutions as well...

I also really want to see some more in-depth gameplay footage, but just enough so that nothing important is spoiled. Eeveelutions would also be nice to see, if they made any new ones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Activity sure has slowed down here. Well only one week until we get more stuff to talk about. I'm thinking it'll be region, legend names and signature moves, and 1-3 new mons.

Years
    Only a week to go now!

I'm hoping they make this a regular thing perhaps every month? It'll be something certain to look forward to every month and it means wouldn't go too long without any news.

I hope so, because that news drought that lasted from February to May was hard for me, especially for speculating.

I'm really hoping for info on the legendaries and maybe a reveal of each starter's final evolutions. Maybe Mega Evolutions as well...

Final evolutions for starters are something I don't see getting revealed until around game release time. Middle stages I could expect around September or October at the earliest.

Activity sure has slowed down here. Well only one week until we get more stuff to talk about. I'm thinking it'll be region, legend names and signature moves, and 1-3 new mons.

I can understand this. From what I see, this section tends to get bursts of activity when a major news piece drops (as shown with the starter reveal) and then goes a bit quiet until the next piece of news comes out. Like you, I'm assuming next week will show us more on the legendaries.

Years
    Well crap :/ I'll be coming home at 5 PM from my senior class trip on June 2nd. I'll probably be able to look at it during at least lol.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope so, because that news drought that lasted from February to May was hard for me, especially for speculating.

Final evolutions for starters are something I don't see getting revealed until around game release time. Middle stages I could expect around September or October at the earliest.

I can understand this. From what I see, this section tends to get bursts of activity when a major news piece drops (as shown with the starter reveal) and then goes a bit quiet until the next piece of news comes out. Like you, I'm assuming next week will show us more on the legendaries.
    Seems think we'll get mid evos by August or September. It'll be a nice spacing out. On February we got announcements, 3 months later starters, 3 months after that middle evos (if in August), 3 months after that S/M come out and we see the final evos.

Years
    Seems think we'll get mid evos by August or September. It'll be a nice spacing out. On February we got announcements, 3 months later starters, 3 months after that middle evos (if in August), 3 months after that S/M come out and we see the final evos.

That actually would be a pattern that makes sense, and I know some like to discover the final evos by surprise and leaking the Kalos starters' final stages early spoiled some players' experience of XY because they mainly wanted to go in blind and discover stuff.

Years
    At the moment, it appears we're not getting much CoroCoro stuff leaked early, especially since Masuda's "countdown" announcements starter.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think the early announcement in June is pretty much to stop any leaks from coming from CoroCoro as every month it always leaks a couple of days early. With X/Y release the street date was broken and a lot of info got leaked just before release date unfortunately. I'm hoping with Sun & Moon that some of the info stays hidden until the actual games are released, it's a great feeling discovering new pokemon/features in game rather than having it leaked all over the internet.

The X/Y final starter evolutions weren't supposed to be revealed until the release of the actual games iirc, I'd like that to be the case for these games this time around. Idk it just seems to ruin the fun when others gain early access to the games and it's unfair when they leak all this info that was intended to be announced by official sources that probably worked hard on keeping secret in the first place.

Years
    I think the early announcement in June is pretty much to stop any leaks from coming from CoroCoro as every month it always leaks a couple of days early. With X/Y release the street date was broken and a lot of info got leaked just before release date unfortunately. I'm hoping with Sun & Moon that some of the info stays hidden until the actual games are released, it's a great feeling discovering new pokemon/features in game rather than having it leaked all over the internet.

The X/Y final starter evolutions weren't supposed to be revealed until the release of the actual games iirc, I'd like that to be the case for these games this time around. Idk it just seems to ruin the fun when others gain early access to the games and it's unfair when they leak all this info that was intended to be announced by official sources that probably worked hard on keeping secret in the first place.

I think this generation has seen Game Freak finally cracking down on leakers and if that's to go by, we could hopefully see more stuff be kept secret until after the game release happens and that would be a blessing to some blind players who want to discover, and if the final stage evolutions for the starters are among those secrets it would definitely be awesome to react to.

However, due to Europe getting the game five days later than other countries there's still the prospect they will be swamped with spoilers due to the non-European players leaking all their gameplay experience and such.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really don't mind leaks, it just means I don't have to wait. I get why the pokemon company hates them though. Also, if they are fake I get annoyed.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    2 more days my time...

2 more days.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Tomorrow... tomorrow... I'll love you, tomorrow...

Okay I'll stop now. :3

During the month of June in CoroCoro, we've gotten a few of the Route 1-ish Pokemon revealed, plus Sugimori artwork for the PC's, the Professor, and maybe a couple Gym Leaders. If what we get tomorrow is what's due to show up in CoroCoro, I can see this happening plus giving us a look at the whole Alola map if there's more islands.

Years
    During the month of June in CoroCoro, we've gotten a few of the Route 1-ish Pokemon revealed, plus Sugimori artwork for the PC's, the Professor, and maybe a couple Gym Leaders. If what we get tomorrow is what's due to show up in CoroCoro, I can see this happening plus giving us a look at the whole Alola map if there's more islands.

I don't remember most of the previous' games info pacing in regards to CoroCoro, but I think you could be onto something here. I think that bird we had shown in the game announcement trailer could look like an early-route Pokemon so I do hope it gets officially revealed soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back