• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

Years
    Red and Green were originally intended for December 21, 1995. Now the third version of to their sequels did come out in December. Crystal was first released in the 14th of that month. Japan's the only region I know to have had a December M.G. Pokérelease.

Fun fact: If S/M are out on the same day as OrAs, then it'll be the third Generation released on that date. First one was II (more G/S allusions ahoy), III (hmm, the PC's were from Johto interestingly...), in Japan that is. And, it'll be the fourth pair games overall to do so.

Interesting that we haven't had initial paired main games released in December, only third versions, at least for the first two generations. I wouldn't mind seeing Sun & Moon (and therefore beginning of 7th Gen) coming out on November 21st like you said, considering how many main series Pokemon titles got released on that date, and therefore releasing on the second anniversary of the last main series titles which were OR/AS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Interesting that we haven't had initial paired main games released in December, only third versions, at least for the first two generations. I wouldn't mind seeing Sun & Moon (and therefore beginning of 7th Gen) coming out on November 21st like you said, considering how many main series Pokemon titles got released on that date, and therefore releasing on the second anniversary of the last main series titles which were OR/AS.
    Interestingly the October 10th rumor fits with an anniversary. On Oct 10th, 1999 Blue (jp) was released for retail (being a corocoro extra at first). Now this 15th of October is the 20th anniversary of the original distribution of Blue (jp).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Only Zelda?

If they hold a digital event or Nintendo direct during E3 that doesn't really count as being a part of E3 does it?
    Forgive me if this isn't completely accurate but from what I understand, Nintendo announced their E3 plans. They said they would have Zelda Wii U playable at the convention, and they would have a streaming of the demo on the first day of the event. That's all they said. Since they didn't mention having a digital event, people are taking this to mean there will not be one.

Maybe they will have some sort of Direct around that time, but for now I think everyone's best bet is to not expect anything Pokémon-related during E3. I'd go so far as to not expect anything other than Zelda Wii U/NX during E3, actually.

I might be being a bit too optimistic but I do think it's safe to get excited this time around. They're going to have to show us gameplay/starters/legends eventually :c
    Well I think a good chunk of the pessimism is actually just jest, playing off the "CoroCoro 'news'" we had been expecting but didn't get.

Although I can understand where the real pessimism is coming from to an extent. Mascots are certainly "big news," but that could very well be all they show--and not even in-game footage of them, either. And after waiting months for any sort of information at all, it could really seem like a let-down to some people. It would certainly disappoint me, because then I'd be wondering if they have any sort of major information to reveal at all, or if all they have are the 20 new Pokémon of this gen and no new or returning features to show off.

And yeah, they have to show us information eventually, but then again, for X & Y they didn't reveal the starters' final evolutions until the day of the games' release... With that in mind, "eventually" can be "after the games are out," which is fine in some ways (I like discovering stuff for myself while I play so it's not like I want them to show us everything), but...not-so-fine in others (some people base their starter choice over the final evolutions, why did you wait until the game was already in peoples' hands to show their Types and what they looked like?!).

Years
    Interestingly the October 10th rumor fits with an anniversary. On Oct 10th, 1999 Blue (jp) was released for retail (being a corocoro extra at first). Now this 15th of October is the 20th anniversary of the original distribution of Blue (jp).

October 10th seems to be on a Monday this year, and I know this because my birthday (which is the 1st) is a Saturday this year. Monday would seem like an awkward time of the week to release the games if you ask me.

Although I can understand where the real pessimism is coming from to an extent. Mascots are certainly "big news," but that could very well be all they show--and not even in-game footage of them, either. And after waiting months for any sort of information at all, it could really seem like a let-down to some people. It would certainly disappoint me, because then I'd be wondering if they have any sort of major information to reveal at all, or if all they have are the 20 new Pokémon of this gen and no new or returning features to show off.

And yeah, they have to show us information eventually, but then again, for X & Y they didn't reveal the starters' final evolutions until the day of the games' release... With that in mind, "eventually" can be "after the games are out," which is fine in some ways (I like discovering stuff for myself while I play so it's not like I want them to show us everything), but...not-so-fine in others (some people base their starter choice over the final evolutions, why did you wait until the game was already in peoples' hands to show their Types and what they looked like?!).

You have a good point, because we have been speculating entirely based off no proper concrete information for two months now, and I can understand that with all the recent letdowns that there's concern about this next batch of news on Tuesday being minimal once again, especially given how long we've been waiting. It's giving me the impression Game Freak are trying to keep a lot of info about the game under wraps and that makes me feel worried because while some people like to discover stuff themselves, it won't be so pleasing to people who want to know what to expect.

That's also where what you mentioned about the Kalos starters comes in, because starters are usually the most critical point with a new generation because we are all hoping we have at least one that we like enough that we want to actually choose it once we start playing, and I know a lot of people usually like to see the evolutions (especially final stages) before choosing which starter they want. Revealing the final stages for the Kalos starters only just after the games came out made some people feel disappointed, particularly towards Chesnaught and Delphox, and while I heard some initial disappointments in Greninja, it had a badass image and that ended up making it the popular one.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I've noticed some interesting speculation going on regarding Masuda's posts. They might be grasping at straws, but in his posts regarding this announcement on Twitter and Liveblog he has been including the greeting "ciao". Although that is commonly used in other languages, it originates from the Venetian language. Meaning Italy. So this has started speculation for Italy being the new region, which I'm hoping it is.

Now I'm gonna throw my own twist into it: Italy is connected to southern France. I know that the South Kalos thing has been done to death, but what if instead of Southern Kalos we get an all-new region that combines real-world Italy and Southern France? Personally, I think Italy by itself would be too small so I thought that combining it with the southern half of France might be a good idea if they decide to incorporate Zygarde's lore into the region somehow.

Years
    So Italy is a possibility for the new region? Now I'm starting to feel the starter designs will definitely look different than I was first imagining.

Years
    The "ciao" thing means nothing. He ends literally every blog post with that.

There's too much evidence for Hawaii for me to want to bother predicting the region will be anything else.

Hawaii seems like the most likely thing the region will be, so I guess the "Ciao" theory Wings brought up has likely been debunked for now. There's too much Hawaii-based evidence to suggest another theory in my opinion.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Agreeing that it's probably reading into it too much. Tomorrow we're probably going to get a lot more hints into the region but I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a release date at least. It'll help clarify a timeline better.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    We're probably going to get a trailer like we did for the announcement of Black and White and X and Y.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We're probably going to get a trailer like we did for the announcement of Black and White and X and Y.

We got a trailer for BW soon after their reveal too? Though it'll be different from XY, as XY's announcement showed off the game titles for the first time in addition to the mascot, starters, and some of the graphics.

As for the 'ciao' thing, Masuda does tend to say it a lot, even prior to SM's announcement.

Back