• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    There is no way Sun and Moon will not be out before Black Friday. It's such a huge sales point for the gaming industry, so Sun and Moon, will no doubt bee marketed and pushed heavily for it this year. Especially with the wii u dying down, and the NX being slowly pushed.

Years
    There is no way Sun and Moon will not be out before Black Friday. It's such a huge sales point for the gaming industry, so Sun and Moon, will no doubt bee marketed and pushed heavily for it this year. Especially with the wii u dying down, and the NX being slowly pushed.

So maybe we'll be betting for it to come out in December then. Maybe that will give the games a boost when Christmas sales happen, and we are likely expecting the NX to launch at the end of the year as well so it'll be tons of sales for Nintendo.

Reactions: Z25

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Most likely. Only game to have ever come out after U.S. Thanksgiving day in any part of the world that I'm aware of was Crystal in Japan. RG were meant for December 21st irc, but they got delayed to February of the following year.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So maybe we'll be betting for it to come out in December then. Maybe that will give the games a boost when Christmas sales happen, and we are likely expecting the NX to launch at the end of the year as well so it'll be tons of sales for Nintendo.

December isn't to bad, but they run into the problem of releasing it to late. You won't really see games released past December 12th, as it falls into a time period in which industries suffer sales, from what I've seen brought up elsewhere.

November is great because it has two holiday sales periods. Children may get money for Thanksgiving and want to spend it on Sun and Moon. Then black friday has every company compete sales wise and is a big day for them. Plus if we get the NX in November, then Nintendo would have a really solid lineup for black friday into Christmas.

Years
    I can definitely see your point. November would seem like a more logical choice given it'll be a great time for huge sales, even moreso with the NX coming as well.

Years
    Some fans even thought that OrAs came too late in the year.

The games did come out on what was the 12th anniversary of the original Ruby & Sapphire release in Japan. So maybe it was intentional on Game Freak's part.

Anyways, CoroCoro leaks should be expected in the coming days since the next issue is out next week (and our first expected new information). Part of me thinks it's likely going to be the starters, mascot legendaries and the protagonist designs since they are usually among the first new stuff from upcoming games to be revealed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The games did come out on what was the 12th anniversary of the original Ruby & Sapphire release in Japan. So maybe it was intentional on Game Freak's part.

Anyways, CoroCoro leaks should be expected in the coming days since the next issue is out next week (and our first expected new information). Part of me thinks it's likely going to be the starters, mascot legendaries and the protagonist designs since they are usually among the first new stuff from upcoming games to be revealed.
    It was, but that didn't stop the critics. Some say that's why OrAs didn't sell as much as XY did, it lost peaked too early as it was close to BF or something like that. I kind of have my doubts on that.

I'm keeping my expectations to old stuff so I won't end up like those who expected new news last week.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Surprised Corocoro hasn't started leaking. I hope to Arceus we get at least a map or something new. Any new news would be great. But I am not getting my hopes up, as I have a feeling it will copy exactly what we have already seen, maybe revealing the new bird pokemon that was being worked on and the name of the region.

For Arceus sake, just give us the name of the region! Give us something no matter how small or irrelevant it is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My bet from the start was the 12th anyways. It normally tends to happen on that day from what I've noticed. If not, it's guaranteed to be out by Friday anyway, and given it's already Monday, good things are gonna happen.

Only the region name would be somewhat disappointing though...

Years
    Surprised Corocoro hasn't started leaking. I hope to Arceus we get at least a map or something new. Any new news would be great. But I am not getting my hopes up, as I have a feeling it will copy exactly what we have already seen, maybe revealing the new bird pokemon that was being worked on and the name of the region.

For Arceus sake, just give us the name of the region! Give us something no matter how small or irrelevant it is.

I have the same feeling as you, and while I'd love to see some new Pokemon (starters and mascots please!) we may get trolled by still having the same stuff we already saw. Seeing the new bird revealed in full, as well as the region would be another thing I'd want assuming if there's something else we get aside from starters or mascot legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    We'll probably get the main heroes only. That's something they can let us see before the starters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I know they usually release the main protagonists alongside the starters and/or mascot legendaries. There have been some exceptions though.

You can be sure they won't do that.

They won't let the starters be around the net for 3 days. We will get the heroes, and their artwork/names.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    2ch seems to be talking about the Protags from what i can see.

This site is hard to navigate and Google Translating the site gives me weird phrases. Dunno what they are doing, comparing protag to BW2 Protag (Rosa) or if they are doing a compare and contrast with BW2 Protag.

Last edited:
    Years
    2ch seems to be talking about the Protags from what i can see.

This site is hard to navigate and Google Translating the site gives me weird phrases. Dunno what they are doing, comparing protag to BW2 Protag (Rosa) or if they are doing a compare and contrast with BW2 Protag.

That is going be interesting if it were the case. I wouldn't mind another cute female main character with pigtails like Rosa.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That is going be interesting if it were the case. I wouldn't mind another cute female main character with pigtails like Rosa.
    Because of the way this site is translating, it's really hard to grasp what is going on x_x

I found some talk about starters. A mentioning of Grass/Steel, Fire/Ground, Water/Dragon. I just...I dunno what I'm doing at the moment XD

This site makes my head spin.

I'm going with right now they are just speculating/discussing what they want to see.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Something tells me that the SM protags may not have been drawn by Ken Sugimori based on the 2ch discussion (remember that he didn't draw the BW2 protags either, which is why they may be compared).

Years
    I'm pretty sure the artist who drew Nate and Rosa from B2/W2 was Yusuke Ohmura. Maybe there's a chance he may have been involved in some of the Sun & Moon art as well.

Back