• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    To add on what I've said earlier, but now I'm almost positive that we'll be seeing the boxart on the official website before CoroCoro next month. I wanna say that their little tidbit in this CoroCoro to check the website after telling us we "can't see the covers yet" is a possible hint of that.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I can't seriously believe Nintendo would let a guy like that screw them over twice with leaks...I'll believe it when I see it. Probably not even then; you get plenty of fakes making the rounds prior to a new game's release.

I think you mean thrice? Because that leaker already did it twice: gen5 dex and gen6 fairy-type.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Apparently there is some guy on Twitter saying he will post actual in-game screenshots today. People say he leaked the entire gen 5 PokeDex and Fairy types.

So he's gonna strike again eh? Maybe we might get an idea of what is in the game with what he's planning to dump on us.

I can't seriously believe Nintendo would let a guy like that screw them over twice with leaks...I'll believe it when I see it. Probably not even then; you get plenty of fakes making the rounds prior to a new game's release.

I think you mean thrice? Because that leaker already did it twice: gen5 dex and gen6 fairy-type.

According to some of the responses he has given to others asking him questions, I think he's just being a troll. Would be nice to see something if he does, but his post is 22 hours old and he hasn't shown anything as of yet. I don't personally know what to expect. I feel as if he's doing this simply because he's bored. It's hard to take these "leaks" seriously right now since nearly everyone is jumping on the make a fake train.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Are you telling me the images in CoroCoro aren't the actual boxarts? I thought they were taking a minimalist approach with the barely-readable titles and predominantly white design.

Honestly though, the fact that they blurred out the logos too, despite those being properly revealed during the initial announcement, intrigues me. Did they just want to cover everything except the utterly nonsensical yellow and purple backgrounds (yellow for Sun, really?), or are the mascots perhaps overlapping the logos in some way? Find out in October's issue of CoroCoro!

Now that I've had my fun, I really do think it's interesting that the logos are mostly blocked out, and they whited out the corners rather than the centers of the boxes. I'm hoping for a nice new approach to the boxart design, whenever we may get that info.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    According to some of the responses he has given to others asking him questions, I think he's just being a troll.

From what I read on reddit, yeah, it looks like he was just being a troll, or being 'sarcastic' as what reddit labelled him. I'm glad I didn't get excited nor did I raise my hopes up for it. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Even without leaking now, we are guaranteed to get box legendaries till May 10 at most, so I'm pretty happy. That would be cool to see 2 new big legendaries like Reshiram/Zekrom/Dialga/Palkia again. I'm sure these legendaries are invested well unlike the ugly Xerneas.

We might get starters and gameplay in June and Map/heroes in July.

Years
    Even without leaking now, we are guaranteed to get box legendaries till May 10 at most, so I'm pretty happy. That would be cool to see 2 new big legendaries like Reshiram/Zekrom/Dialga/Palkia again. I'm sure these legendaries are invested well unlike the ugly Xerneas.

We might get starters and gameplay in June and Map/heroes in July.

On the contrary, I believe Xerneas and Yveltal are vastly superior design wise to the gen 4 and 5 mascots. Would be cool to see them go for the more imposing feel those mascots had though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If they follow up with XY Legendaries I could see Sun & Moon legendary mascots to be Skoll and Hati and the third one being Fenrir.

But as a poketuber pointed out Zygarde may already cover Fenrir as his 10% form, 50% being Jörmungand and Perfect being Hel.

This will also leave Ratatosk, Nidhogg and that unnamed eagle that has Veðrfölnir on his face( Yveltal is one of them ).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Came across a couple of interesting tweets from Joe regarding the translation in CoroCoro:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/720314723086958592

He points out how instead of saying an announcement being in the "next issue" of CoroCoro, that it's coming in May... in other words, they're not being specific on which source will divulge the announcement next month... whatever that announcement may be.

I'm scared. Brace yourselves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Came across a couple of interesting tweets from Joe regarding the translation in CoroCoro:

He points out how instead of saying an announcement being in the "next issue" of CoroCoro, that it's coming in May... in other words, they're not being specific on which source will divulge the announcement next month... whatever that announcement may be.

I noticed that too. It also says sekai which means world. So I think it's staying 'world news will come out in May.'

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    A new movie trailer got shown for the Magearna movie on Oha Suta.

Edit: Here's the new trailer.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    A new movie trailer got shown for the Magearna movie on Oha Suta.

Going by Serebii's description of the trailer, it almost seems like Complete Forme Zygarde will be making an important appearance in the movie. A lot of people in the fandom suspected it wouldn't be appearing at all.

With that said, in relation to this thread I'm wondering if Zygarde might play a part in the games' plot alongside the supposed boxart Legendaries of SM. I'm thinking about this because usually, the movie that comes out within the same year as a main series title or titles have a tendency to be promoting those games. Sure, Magearna is the obvious 'mon for promoting SM, but why have Zygarde play a part in both the anime and the movie simultaneously? Not to mention we are definitely not getting a 3rd version "Z" this time around.

EDIT: Trailer uploaded, both Squishy and Complete Forme are in the movie.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    They said the same thing following the reveal of S/M on the site itself, to keep checking back. Joe (Serebii) in a tweet said that he wasn't surprised by the lack of news in corocoro, as he expects them to announce the news internationally first (My only issue with that is that sometimes Corocoro does leak before they reveal info though, like with some of the site updates on the main site coming on the 14th or so, a day prior to the official release of the issues during Gen VI).

Well Joe already pointed out that what they hinted is true.

Calling it now. Direct within in the first 10 days of May. They want the first sun and moon info to be worldwide. After that, it's fair game for corocoro.

Zygarde being important to the volcanion movie also further sells me on there being episode Z in the post game of Sun and Moon with a set up/hints in the main sun and moon story.

Years
    Calling it now. Direct within in the first 10 days of May. They want the first sun and moon info to be worldwide. After that, it's fair game for corocoro.

I could see that being the likely situation. Announcing Sun & Moon news internationally looks like the tactic since this is going to be a worldwide release like X & Y was. CoroCoro will probably be dropping new game information after that.

Reactions: Z25

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Well Joe already pointed out that what they hinted is true.

But by then, E3 would be next month, which we know new info for Pokemon SM will be presented there. Nintendo releases a new direct every two months, and E3 always lands on their bi-monthly schedule.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We can always get a Direct this month. Maybe something minor for S/M?
    Btw, don't forget that sometimes the official site of can update at random.

@ Pinkie. There have been times when we've had Directs back to back, one of those is usually one game focused. We might get one of those.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I almost forgot about the Directs, although for some reason I'm thinking that the official Pokemon website is gonna be the one to dish it out the first real info.

Either way, I think a worldwide reveal of the boxarts plus a small teaser similar to X/Y's is what we may be getting. That's at the MOST that I think we'll see, probably no more than those things because they seem like they're taking their time with coverage.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    But by then, E3 would be next month, which we know new info for Pokemon SM will be presented there. Nintendo releases a new direct every two months, and E3 always lands on their bi-monthly schedule.

My guess, is they reveal legends and starters with two very short cutscenes showing them.

Then they do a full blown trailer at E3 the next month.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

How unfortunate. Luckily may isn't too long away and anything huge will probably happen mid month I think. Not sure why just a theory.

Back