• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    The trademarks were spot on, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have the legendaries name's formally revealed in corocoro.

I figure they'll be Solgaleo and Lunaala like the trademarks said. Since we didn't get their names officially confirmed in this trailer, getting them shown in CoroCoro would be a possibility.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    IM SO EXCITED.

AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT.

IM ABOUT TO LOOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT.

AHHHHAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAHHHH IM HOOKED ON A FEELIN

AND IM HIGH ON BELIEVIN

THAT YOURE IN LOVE WITH MEEEEEE

Ok, I'm done.

That was so cool, we not only got one but two trailers. The one with the kid moving to Hawaii was like a subtle throwback to Hoenn in a sense. I got tears in my eyes because of the fact that I've been to Honolulu as a kid and had a lot of good memories there with my family. It'll be exciting to be playing through some areas that I'm familiar with on a personal level.

I love all the starters and both Legendaries, it's going to be really tough to decide which starter and version I want. 6 months is plenty of time to think, but still I'm overwhelmed in a good way. Since it seems we're done with 3rd versions, there's no sense in waiting around for another 3rd version to come out for SM(now just watch them do it because Game Freak reasons).

The Alola region looks awesome(watch me call it Aloha region by mistake 100 times), but I'm going to admit that I do have once concern: it's size. I'm not gonna jump the gun yet until we get a map and more info, but I'm seriously hoping they give us the rest of the main Hawaiian Islands, or at least two of the other more visited ones like the Big Island and Kauai. It looks like it's mainly on Oahu, and most people travel to more than one of the islands(island hopping) when they go to Hawaii. We may be able to do that, there seems to be a major port for a boat/ferry in the Poke-Pearl Harbor section of Alola.

Years
    Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Someone captured this from the Japanese trailer, the Sun legendary using what might be its signature move. Definitely looks like it's confirmed to be a Fire-type now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I feel as though I would have responded to all the information and hype much more positively if I had watched the Japanese trailer first instead of the American one. It was much more heartfelt and was definitely more trailer-esque rather than an information dump. Not that info dumps are bad, but good presentation can go a long way.

I still don't like those protagonist designs though...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    IM SO EXCITED.

AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT.

IM ABOUT TO LOOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT.

AHHHHAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAHHHH IM HOOKED ON A FEELIN

AND IM HIGH ON BELIEVIN

THAT YOURE IN LOVE WITH MEEEEEE

Ok, I'm done.

That was so cool, we not only got one but two trailers. The one with the kid moving to Hawaii was like a subtle throwback to Hoenn in a sense. I got tears in my eyes because of the fact that I've been to Honolulu as a kid and had a lot of good memories there with my family. It'll be exciting to be playing through some areas that I'm familiar with on a personal level.

I love all the starters and both Legendaries, it's going to be really tough to decide which starter and version I want. 6 months is plenty of time to think, but still I'm overwhelmed in a good way. Since it seems we're done with 3rd versions, there's no sense in waiting around for another 3rd version to come out for SM(now just watch them do it because Game Freak reasons).

The Alola region looks awesome(watch me call it Aloha region by mistake 100 times), but I'm going to admit that I do have once concern: it's size. I'm not gonna jump the gun yet until we get a map and more info, but I'm seriously hoping they give us the rest of the main Hawaiian Islands, or at least two of the other more visited ones like the Big Island and Kauai. It looks like it's mainly on Oahu, and most people travel to more than one of the islands(island hopping) when they go to Hawaii. We may be able to do that, there seems to be a major port for a boat/ferry in the Poke-Pearl Harbor section of Alola.

The building that seems to be based on the palace is missing from the island, so there's bound to be more. I'm looking forward to Hawaii (island).

Speaking of Poke Pearl-Harbor I wonder if this region has a history of war. Probably not, since they don't mention bombs in Slateport (Nagasaki). Oh, but maybe it will reference the unification of the islands under King Kamehameha

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Here's to hoping that...
    - the fire starter's final evo will remain quadruped.
    - the water starter's final evo will be cool (no pun intended) like the previous water starters.

Poor Bulbasaur, losing its title as the only basic-form starter for having dual types.

blue

gucci
    Years
    At least we will be getting some exclusive news in June, perhaps we will be getting something every month until November to make up for the lack of news between February and now.

Years
    At least we will be getting some exclusive news in June, perhaps we will be getting something every month until November to make up for the lack of news between February and now.

I'm betting this will be the course, a pacing that I recall seems similar to BW's pre-release period but this time it'll be a bit longer due to a November release as opposed to September back then.

blue

gucci
    Years

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I got to thinking, I wonder if it would be something like an animated trailer like what we got with ORAS and BW2. But then I thought that might reveal a little too much on top of what we already have, so I don't know. We'll find out what we're getting soon enough, my time it'll be sometime tomorrow(Friday).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I got to thinking, I wonder if it would be something like an animated trailer like what we got with ORAS and BW2. But then I thought that might reveal a little too much on top of what we already have, so I don't know. We'll find out what we're getting soon enough, my time it'll be sometime tomorrow(Friday).

i have a feeling it will be the same trailer we got 3 days ago..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Whoops, looks like we may get additional info this Saturday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/730752133444849664

Wonder if it's the names and details about the Legendaries?

That's really cool. :) Even if it's not something new at least we know they haven't completely forgotten about us.

Dunno, an animated trailer works for those because they're not original content so nothing huge is spoilered. Alola on the other hand... they've gotta be careful not to reveal too much and to space it out (so we don't have two months like before).

Back