• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
  • That's what I thought as well.

All through Sun and Moon Masuda has dropped cryptic hints about aspects such as sun, moon, solar flares, and more. He seems to be using his twitter as an outlet of being cryptic and capturing fans attention until they release new info. Which works quite well imo.

Given the slow pacing of news relating to this generation, this is definitely something that keeps us intrigued to learn what could be coming to the games. It's definitely an interesting tactic to keep fans interested.

Reactions: Z25

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So far it had been slow, but I feel we'll get more stuff in the upcoming six months. We're 6 months and 4/5 (depending on your time zone) days from the release of S/M in a great deal of the main gaming market world.

Years
  • So, with the starters and the supposed new dog Pokemon shown in the CoroCoro video, it appears most of the new Pokemon are likely going to be based on Hawaii-native animals.

Then there's also the bird we first saw in the announcement trailer, which I heard is based on a red crested cardinal, which is another species native to Hawaii. Game Freak really are paying attention to detail with this generation if this seems to be.

Reactions: Z25

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    With that said, this'll probably be the first generation where Grass-type and Flying-type Pokemon dominate (oh and Water-type, but less than the other two). I don't see very many electric or fire types that can really fit in here... which kinda sucks but whatever. Probably not too many Poison-type Pokemon but those that do appear will be pretty strong. I think there might be a good amount of Ground-type and Rock-type Pokemon. Everything else should spread around pretty easily I think. Actually except Steel-types not too many will appear I think. We're probably going to have the most unique set of Pokemon (type-wise) out of any generation which is cool.

I believe this website sums up our entire Pokedex: https://www.to-hawaii.com/fauna.php c:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That depends on how they handle the other islands which I am positive that they will. And it depends on how many pokemon will be added. I am thinking about 110.

They could change the other island's climate. Not to mention they will have to add something somewhere for Magneton and Nosepass to evolve. Which could have a hand full of elec types. I am thinking Fire type may shine a bit more. Because of the volcanoes and tropical region. And I don't see them making the entire map the same environment. I mean they added a desert in the middle of a region based on New York.

The first few pokemon might be based on Hawaiian species, but that doesn't mean all of them will. But I really don't mind as long as we get a true dolphin line.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    More of the Battle Scene shown on Pokenchi

Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That actually looks like an absolutely cool area. It doesn't actually look like Pokémon though... with the realistic fire in the background. That's the exciting part. I'm legitimately excited for this!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm expecting mons not associated with Hawaii to appear down the line. Gen VI's starters all tied to France in some way (Fennekin is the most difficult to realize), and we got several France releated mons like a perfume, a poodle, etc. Lately they have tied to the region more than in the first five Gens.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Fennekin is based on a Fennec Fox that are found mostly in North Africa where France had some colonies.
    Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    So maybe a Liger evo for Kitten?

Or ostrich evo for Rowlet?

Or werewolf clown evo for Poplio?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Now these games are starting to look different from X/Y! I'm loving the new battle interface with the HP bar and more detailed backgrounds. That's pretty cool how you can see people watching you battle, I wonder if they will react when you win/lose.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I would be okay with it if it gets flying type attacks that do not include WING in the name. The coloring is like a bluejay... Odd

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Now these games are starting to look different from X/Y! I'm loving the new battle interface with the HP bar and more detailed backgrounds. That's pretty cool how you can see people watching you battle, I wonder if they will react when you win/lose.

I dunno I don't really want crowds to cheer you on...

I like the feeling of being alone in a battle, like it's just two people... in the heat of the moment, taking on each other. All bets are on. Yknow that feeling. I can have crowds but I don't need cheering.

Years
  • I'm enjoying the fact that they've gotten rid of the silly terrain circles underneath the Pokémon's feet from X/Y & OR/AS.

I love this new battle screen! It's cool how the trainer is now shown constantly, and the male gender symbol now leans to the right instead of pointing straight-up in previous main series games.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • I love this new battle screen! It's cool how the trainer is now shown constantly, and the male gender symbol now leans to the right instead of pointing straight-up in previous main series games.

I'm sure they willonly show important trainers, like gym leaders, rivals, elite 4 and the champion. i dont see GF animating every trainer type in the region

Back