• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trainer 766

I can answer your questions, why I am helping LC? First, when I released my hack, there are also happened this kind of players response. More badly is someone stole my name and learn my speaking to attack the other people in the other community, then a lot of people hate me, after I explained it isn't my account, it is really someone's fake account, some of players still attack me and they still said it is my account when they already know it isn't my account in their heart. I think this kind of players are annoying; Furthermore, when I released my hack, this kind of players always attack me such as I am a patch dog, I don't have technology, I am a trash and etc. Finally, some of players who have attacked my hack, they steal a beauty's photo to let me post money, I believed that at the first time then said I love you, after I posted $1300, that girl has disappeared and blocked my wechat, then I found that player is not only attacked my hack but also is an internet cheater. So do you understand?

Panda, what is happening here literally doesn't have anything to do with everything you're sayint. We're talking about LC's hack and his attitude when people demand from him too much. We didn't want to hear your story that makes zero sense because we don't care since it doesn't help in anyway, how about you work on your hack, instead of babbling about it here?

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
Years
He's very transparent. You can clearly see the OP's attitude in the main post. He's not trying to be someone else.

Sorry to say though this is not about learning morality. It's about the hack. Some people do break when they have too much stress.

Come on people, understand the guy. I have no experience in making a hack of my own but if you do have enough experience to speak up, then you should understand him more than us.

Panda, what is happening here literally doesn't have anything to do with everything you're sayint. We're talking about LC's hack and his attitude when people demand from him too much. We didn't want to hear your story that makes zero sense because we don't care since it doesn't help in anyway, how about you work on your hack, instead of babbling about it here?

Okay that's just plain rude buddy...
She's merely trying to relate to the situation. No need to be salty on her.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
So I don't think so it is the author's problem, I think the player should regard to the author anything if the author doesn't have put the uncivil materials. expand the level cap is not the author's error, if you cannot accept that setting, it is not the author's problem, ok?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Are you make sure it is the real LC? Some of people are very annoying, they use other people's name and information to create a fake account in the other community, and use the other people's name to attack the people, cheat the money, send the uncivil picture and etc.
I don't think so it is real LC posted, it probably someone create a fake account or steal LC's account to send uncivil message who is disagree with the LC's level cap
That is him on his "official" Facebook page. I've even seen him curse at people because they don't speak English.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
That is him on his "official" Facebook page. I've even seen him curse at people because they don't speak English.
What's the matter? Is the author got hurt? I think probably some people always ask the author same problem, then the author feeling it is annoying, but some people still argue with that, finally the author was angry. I suggest any of people should not argue each other again, because it will lead to more and more heavier, finally, the author will cancel the theta emerald ex, we cannot play emerald 721 anymore.

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
I can answer your questions, why I am helping LC? First, when I released my hack, there are also happened this kind of players response. More badly is someone stole my name and learn my speaking to attack the other people in the other community, then a lot of people hate me, after I explained it isn't my account, it is really someone's fake account, some of players still attack me and they still said it is my account when they already know it isn't my account in their heart. I think this kind of players are annoying; Furthermore, when I released my hack, this kind of players always attack me such as I am a patch dog, I don't have technology, I am a trash and etc. Finally, some of players who have attacked my hack, they steal a beauty's photo to let me post money, I believed that at the first time then said I love you, after I posted $1300, that girl has disappeared and blocked my wechat, then I found that player is not only attacked my hack but also is an internet cheater. So do you understand?

Stories similar to that have happened to many people. Fortunately I have not been in such situation myself, but I still think that your posts are not contrubuting anything to the topic.

You should stop answering people's questions that are related to the hack since you have zero responsibility for it. In fact, you're just complicating things by making up cringey stories to back up your actions.

Just stop. Let LC answer the questions about his hack, or nevermind, he's too rude to do it. Just let this thread die already, and the hack too.

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Actually the hack itself isn't that bad. Apart from poorly inserted battle backgrounds and some bugs(example safari Zone) here and there, it's playable and can be enjoyable too with all the changes he made to the game.

Yes. I know. I played it 2 times before, and now on my third run. First time I deleted it because all my TMs were deleted and I was stuck, second time was the Leftovers bug in elite 4, for which I didn't want to train 5-6 Pokemon that know Thief.

Now on my third run and I hope I don't encounter game breaking bugs like those. I stated it in a few other posts too, this hack is probably my favorite of Emerald, but the concerns are completely not game related.

So far the only thing is the level 250 cap. I honestly don't take seriously the reason of "because it's my hack". If it were like that, then you don't have to make the hack public and let others play it, because it's yours. Just play it yourself up to level 250.

Getting experience in hacking is taking criticism and suggestions in a positive way. A good hack is not necessarily one that makes you grind a lot, or one that has a lot of Pokemon. (The 721 thing). People ask for 721 Pokemon because they want the complete Pokemon experience and since this hack already has most of the Pokemon in it, they think it would be no big deal adding some more. I know it's not an easy thing to do, but at least keep saying "no" instead of being rude because you're a rebel.

I do support the guys who are against the level cap though. There is absolutely no reason to have levels above 100, reasons as in rational and ones that make sense.

Kids tho

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
In response to a few of my posts:
Spoiler:

Interesting how doing something so small can turn the whole world against you. By the way, in my free time, I'm still fixing up this game, and it will be a lot better than the current game that you all have now. But since someone mentioned that I don't have to make the game public, well...that is also an option...

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Spoiler:
So far the only thing is the level 250 cap. I honestly don't take seriously the reason of "because it's my hack". If it were like that, then you don't have to make the hack public and let others play it, because it's yours. Just play it yourself up to level 250.

Getting experience in hacking is taking criticism and suggestions in a positive way. A good hack is not necessarily one that makes you grind a lot, or one that has a lot of Pokemon. (The 721 thing). People ask for 721 Pokemon because they want the complete Pokemon experience and since this hack already has most of the Pokemon in it, they think it would be no big deal adding some more. I know it's not an easy thing to do, but at least keep saying "no" instead of being rude because you're a rebel.

I do support the guys who are against the level cap though. There is absolutely no reason to have levels above 100, reasons as in rational and ones that make sense.
Spoiler:
the whole point of hacking to the extent it is done here in pokécommunity is to modify an existing game into one of your own making
the 250 level cap is not only an expansion, it is also a customization-a break from the original pokémon game that we've all played too many times. while it attracts criticism, criticism doesn't--and shouldn't--always garner a response. a good hack is certainly not one that takes everybody's preferences into suggestion when making the hack (and yes, i get that you're opposed to a single facet, but so is everyone else). seeing as lccoolj95's hack here was pretty hype, it is bound to attract people saying things like, "oh, can i have this customization?" or "wow, what an amazing hack. it would be better if [x feature here]"
the level cap being at 250 was likely a very purposeful and deliberate decision. lccoolj95 did not accidentally put it in there, and this being so, the new cap is part of what makes theta emerald ex, well, theta emerald ex. take that away and you take a piece of his hack away

that was really subjective

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Spoiler:

Interesting how doing something so small can turn the whole world against you. By the way, in my free time, I'm still fixing up this game, and it will be a lot better than the current game that you all have now. But since someone mentioned that I don't have to make the game public, well...that is also an option...
Since you prefer to block my comments on facebook rather than address me.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2022
Spoiler:

Hope your efforts worth~

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Spoiler:

I hope that deep down you're such a nice guy to surprise people, but I honestly doubt you're saying the truth.

And yes, you don't have to share what you've done if you're not ready to see what people think about it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Anybody got an idea why my togepi doesnt evolve? He is lvl 56 now :(

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 21, 2018
Anybody got an idea why my togepi doesnt evolve? He is lvl 56 now :(

Moonstone + Togepi = Togetic

Or maybe it's max happiness + moonstone + togepi = togetic

(ALSO... can anyone PM me links to an expanded Emerald ROM needed for this? I would do it myself, but I'm on mobile and my PC wont be unavailable for a few months. Much appreciated, thanks!)

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Ahem:
Spoiler:

Now, what were you saying again, brah?

(Also, if people are not sure what this is, KANTO TILES HAVE BEEN PORTED!!!!)
Good job. The same way you did that is how you should handle any Rom hacking obstacles you face in the future instead of just complaining.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Ahem:
Spoiler:

Now, what were you saying again, brah?

(Also, if people are not sure what this is, KANTO TILES HAVE BEEN PORTED!!!!)

Nice! My only real complaint with level 250+ was that emerald isnt really long enough to utilize it well, but if there's gonna be 2 full regions in the game I honestly think a level cap above 100 makes sense.

Back