• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2017
    Mostly just a few questions. For starters, are there any plans to incorporate the 7th gen Pok?mon? If not, do you have any intentions to make such a hack, because I'd surely be interested to play it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2017
    2 questions:

1) Is there a PGE.ini somewhere for this?

2) How do I change the level cap back down to 100? 250 feels like massive overkill.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    2 questions:

1) Is there a PGE.ini somewhere for this?

2) How do I change the level cap back down to 100? 250 feels like massive overkill.

1. I don't think LCCoolJ is going to release the ini. He made it clear that he doesn't want any modifications to his game.

2. That's a question for DizzyEgg. He made it simple to raise the level cap. Idk if it can be lowered once it's been changed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Where to find greninja? And is ash-greninja available?
    The only way to obtain a Greninja is to raise a Froakie which can be caught on the route to the left of Mauville at level 20. Be aware it's a 1% encounter. Ash Greninja can't be obtained. It was introduced in Gen 7 and this only has Gen 1 - 6.

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • The only way to obtain a Greninja is to raise a Froakie which can be caught on the route to the left of Mauville at level 20. Be aware it's a 1% encounter. Ash Greninja can't be obtained. It was introduced in Gen 7 and this only has Gen 1 - 6.
    I believe it's higher cus my first pkmn on that route was rash protean frog.

Years
  • The only way to obtain a Greninja is to raise a Froakie which can be caught on the route to the left of Mauville at level 20. Be aware it's a 1% encounter. Ash Greninja can't be obtained. It was introduced in Gen 7 and this only has Gen 1 - 6.

So where's froakie? In the grass or in the water?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So where's froakie? In the grass or in the water?
    The grass. Also, fishing with the old rod is a good way to level up. I caught a horsea at level 35 early game. I had a team of five level 27 or 28 pokes so it was good exp.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I believe it's higher cus my first pkmn on that route was rash protean frog.
    I just checked the encounter list. It's a 1% encounter, but there's two slots so technically 2%. Ability and nature also have nothing to do with encounter rate. For abilities, it's a 50/50 chance for a Pokemon to have a specific ability if there are two available. Hidden abilities aren't implemented in this hack.

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I just checked the encounter list. It's a 1% encounter, but there's two slots so technically 2%. Ability and nature also have nothing to do with encounter rate. For abilities, it's a 50/50 chance for a Pokemon to have a specific ability if there are two available. Hidden abilities aren't implemented in this hack.
    This looks pretty hidden.
    Untitled-1.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    This looks pretty hidden.
    View attachment 82370
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Its first ability is Torrent. Its second ability is Protean. There is no hidden ability. But go ahead and ask the creator yourself if you insist.

Edit: I just realized what you're trying to tell me. Yes, Protean is usually considered a Hidden ability. However, there is not a third 'hidden' ability. That wasn't introduced until Gen V's engine. I don't know if it ever will happen in Gen III hacking. Look at it this way: I found a Snivy in Petalburg Woods. It had the ability Contrary. Normally, in newer games that would be considered Hidden. However, since the hidden ability hasn't been implemented, it serves as the second ability. Which is just as likely as appearing as the first.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello there!
    I?ve started playing this hack a few days ago and I think it?s very good, but I have noticed a bug/glitch with the bag. the TMs/HMs won?t appear when I get them and I?m not able to buy any new items or receive them because it says that the bag is full (the items quantity display as ?9 ). I?m now in mauville city and the last "important" thing I did was take the bikes from the bike store. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello there!
    I?ve started playing this hack a few days ago and I think it?s very good, but I have noticed a bug/glitch with the bag. the TMs/HMs won?t appear when I get them and I?m not able to buy any new items or receive them because it says that the bag is full (the items quantity display as ?9 ). I?m now in mauville city and the last "important" thing I did was take the bikes from the bike store. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
    Did you participate in the battle tent? That is the general cause of this glitch. If not, try to list all the things you did outside the main storyline.

Back