• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
  • No, the point is that people should not be demanding and asking over and over and over and over again for things that LC has already addressed, and should instead show appreciation, help report bugs, or volunteer to help add those things they so desperately want.

So, sure, LC will add all those wonderful things they want to the game, once they get it all done and pass it on to him. :)
    That's kind not how things should go when creating a Rom hack. A person should be willing to put the work in themselves.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I find it funny how people are attacking me for my most recent post. No, really, I chuckle at seeing them. Keep telling me that what I am doing is wrong, I couldn't care less. Me waiting for a tutorial on how to add map tile sets to an Emerald game, the battle engine to include gen 7 finished, all forms and formes functional, and PC box expansion is probably the best thing I could ever do. I'm focusing on my school work, working on finding a big boy job, and having fun working on my YouTube videos for my channel. It's so much better than working on something that wanted me to legitimately commit suicide, and having fail over and over again. So go ahead and try to make me feel bad for asking for stuff that is indeed possible, just the fact that people are too lazy to do. How about this? If everyone is SO determined for this big update to happen, how about everyone harasses the people who have information about all of those ideas. Gen 7 Emerald Battle Engine, Forms and Formes, PC Box Expansion, people who have included map tilesets WITHOUT replacing, harass them...just like how everyone harassed me to put in Gen 7. Just an idea, that could become a reality...if people desire so! Gotta go, gotta go back into the real world, cheers! ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    If someone else does the work, it's their ROM hack. :P

True, then they wouldn't even need to ask LC to put it in his romhack, since they're talented enough to make their own. :P

But I think you see the point I'm trying to make. Which is for people to stop demanding things while putting in zero effort themselves.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • The attitude of people who play this hack makes me shrug.

I should be reporting a bug today but I guess that will only add to the stress of the hacker if I put it up here right now.

What if you are LCCoolJ95 and someone posted this in your hack? :

- Oh my gosh I love your hack! Are you adding Alola Forms? Please add Z moves too! Also if you can, try adding the new moves too with their animations! That would be cool! Oh and don't forget the Mega Evolutions! You'd be the greatest hacker blah blah blah!

Let's face it. These kind of people, even with or without good intentions, are certainly annoying. I'm confident with my patience but had I been in the same situation I would have slugged the faces of these people if they happen to be in front of me. (Of course violence is a big no, but these hackers aren't to be fully blamed on this). This is when they need help the most from you players. This is when we need to be cheering them up. Let us all reflect on this.

As for the bugs, I'll come back to report it later when everything settles down.

Years
  • Oh boy, just leave LCCoolJ95 alone, he is not a robot working for you, he can use his time in whatever he wants. He can even stop working on his hackrom if he decide to do it. You guys are very rude.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    The attitude of people who play this hack makes me shrug.

I should be reporting a bug today but I guess that will only add to the stress of the hacker if I put it up here right now.

- Oh my gosh I love your hack! Are you adding Alola Forms? Please add Z moves too! Also if you can, try adding the new moves too with their animations! That would be cool! Oh and don't forget the Mega Evolutions! You'd be the greatest hacker blah blah blah!

Let's face it. These kind of people, even with or without good intentions, are certainly annoying. I'm confident with my patience but had I been in the same situation I would have slugged the faces of these people if they happen to be in front of me. (Of course violence is a big no, but these hackers aren't to be fully blamed on this). This is when they need help the most from you players. This is when we need to be cheering them up. Let us all reflect on this.

As for the bugs, I'll come back to report it later when everything settles down.
    When I released my hack, it also happened some of players argue something with me. For example, at the beginning, I used LC's 650 resource patch to make my Pokemon Eternal Snow, when I released it, some of players use bad sentence attack me, such as "why you used other people's resource? Although the author allows you to use that, you also make your hack by yourself completely; Use LC's resource patch is not your technology, you are a dog of patch; If you make your hack without any of other people's resouce and patch, I will play, if not, I will not play, although you pay me one million dollars, I still not play it." After I felt these hurt, then I started it over and change the Rom Base to remake my Pokemon The Strongest Pure White, it still happens some of players saying that the resource is stealing from others, such as reusable TM, BW poison effect. I think the author should ignore this kind of players, because they may not know how to regard to other people.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Oh boy, just leave LCCoolJ95 alone, he is not a robot working for you, he can use his time in whatever he wants. He can even stop working on his hackrom if he decide to do it. You guys are very rude.
    I agree with your idea, I tell you the truth, some of players are not only harass LC, but also harass me. When I released my hack, some of players always ask me make 802 hack, after I told them I don't have enough time to make that, because I have a lot of work in school and in job. Then they response a lot of laughing me, such as "this author is a trash, he is unable to expand the Pokedex; all of resource in this hack is stealing from others." The heavier happen is a girl attack my hack very strongly, she attacks my hack in anywhere, and she says she will burn my hack and put virus to my Rom. She also says there are a lot of classmates boy love her, there are none of classmates girl love me. I felt unhappy when I received this reply, then I answered that "do you know what is the real love or just playing? Although a lot of boys ask you be girlfriend, there are a few of them may ask you marry, because they just like your face and skin, they doesn't plan to marry with you, I remind you this important notice." When she received this, she says she will leave from all of the Pokemon Community, because she felt hurt very very strong. According to these, you can get this kind of players are very very young, they are not know what is the regard.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    I find it funny how people are attacking me for my most recent post. No, really, I chuckle at seeing them. Keep telling me that what I am doing is wrong, I couldn't care less. Me waiting for a tutorial on how to add map tile sets to an Emerald game, the battle engine to include gen 7 finished, all forms and formes functional, and PC box expansion is probably the best thing I could ever do. I'm focusing on my school work, working on finding a big boy job, and having fun working on my YouTube videos for my channel. It's so much better than working on something that wanted me to legitimately commit suicide, and having fail over and over again. So go ahead and try to make me feel bad for asking for stuff that is indeed possible, just the fact that people are too lazy to do. How about this? If everyone is SO determined for this big update to happen, how about everyone harasses the people who have information about all of those ideas. Gen 7 Emerald Battle Engine, Forms and Formes, PC Box Expansion, people who have included map tilesets WITHOUT replacing, harass them...just like how everyone harassed me to put in Gen 7. Just an idea, that could become a reality...if people desire so! Gotta go, gotta go back into the real world, cheers! ;)

AFAYRH
    As far as you are happy
    你开心就好

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • When I released my hack, it also happened some of players argue something with me. For example, at the beginning, I used LC's 650 resource patch to make my Pokemon Eternal Snow, when I released it, some of players use bad sentence attack me, such as "why you used other people's resource? Although the author allows you to use that, you also make your hack by yourself completely; Use LC's resource patch is not your technology, you are a dog of patch; If you make your hack without any of other people's resouce and patch, I will play, if not, I will not play, although you pay me one million dollars, I still not play it." After I felt these hurt, then I started it over and change the Rom Base to remake my Pokemon The Strongest Pure White, it still happens some of players saying that the resource is stealing from others, such as reusable TM, BW poison effect. I think the author should ignore this kind of players, because they may not know how to regard to other people.

I'm glad you understand. But sadly, it's not always possible to ignore those kind of posts.

Offtopic: I see the potential in your hack. I might drop around and check it later. ^^

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • The attitude of people who play this hack makes me shrug.

EVERYONE GO LIKE THIS POST. HE'S 100% RIGHT.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    AFAYRH
    As far as you are happy
    你开心就好

I know who are you, this community is a foreign country's community, not in tieba, if you disagree with someone's hack, you can use an Emerald original version to make your hack. Thanks.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    How about this? If everyone is SO determined for this big update to happen, how about everyone harasses the people who have information about all of those ideas. Gen 7 Emerald Battle Engine, Forms and Formes, PC Box Expansion, people who have included map tilesets WITHOUT replacing, harass them...just like how everyone harassed me to put in Gen 7.

First of all, there's no cabal of people who know exactly how to implement these features but are hiding the knowledge from you for shits and giggles.

Second, harassing people is not how you get help with anything. If someone has written a tutorial and you don't understand it, try politely asking for help, and if they don't or can't, then deal with it on your own. If there are no tutorials, maybe the feature doesn't exist yet. Design it yourself, or accept not having it.

Do your best to make the game that you want to exist. If you don't want Alolan Pokémon, ignore the fans who do. If you want 250 levels, that's fine, it's your hack. (But don't ignore constructive criticism; nobody's work is perfect.) If you're clearly putting effort into Theta Emerald EX, you might even get volunteers to help with what you can't do, because they want to see it succeed.

Or if the whole project is just annoying and depressing you, then stop. Like you said, focus on school and work and life outside ROM hacking. But don't expect to come back years later and find a tutorial waiting for you. (You might find Not-LCCoolJ95's Gamma Emerald, the new popular hack with one-of-a-kind expanded PC boxes and Z-Moves and Gogoat riding. Maybe Ruby Renev will have them by then.)

Years
  • I agree with your idea, I tell you the truth, some of players are not only harass LC, but also harass me. When I released my hack, some of players always ask me make 802 hack, after I told them I don't have enough time to make that, because I have a lot of work in school and in job. Then they response a lot of laughing me, such as "this author is a trash, he is unable to expand the Pokedex; all of resource in this hack is stealing from others." The heavier happen is a girl attack my hack very strongly, she attacks my hack in anywhere, and she says she will burn my hack and put virus to my Rom. She also says there are a lot of classmates boy love her, there are none of classmates girl love me. I felt unhappy when I received this reply, then I answered that "do you know what is the real love or just playing? Although a lot of boys ask you be girlfriend, there are a few of them may ask you marry, because they just like your face and skin, they doesn't plan to marry with you, I remind you this important notice." When she received this, she says she will leave from all of the Pokemon Community, because she felt hurt very very strong. According to these, you can get this kind of players are very very young, they are not know what is the regard.
    Do not worry about that, you can continue your project for yourself, I know it is really difficult but it is not impossible, you can also search for another community. You will find someone who really loves you, there are people out there who do not care if you're pretty or ugly. Remember that you make hackroms just because you like it, it's not a job, and well, this is only a pokémon community to help people but always remember to be happy while you make a hackrom. Do not let people of internet that you don't even know their real names, bother you.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I find it funny how people are attacking me for my most recent post. No, really, I chuckle at seeing them. Keep telling me that what I am doing is wrong, I couldn't care less. Me waiting for a tutorial on how to add map tile sets to an Emerald game, the battle engine to include gen 7 finished, all forms and formes functional, and PC box expansion is probably the best thing I could ever do. I'm focusing on my school work, working on finding a big boy job, and having fun working on my YouTube videos for my channel. It's so much better than working on something that wanted me to legitimately commit suicide, and having fail over and over again. So go ahead and try to make me feel bad for asking for stuff that is indeed possible, just the fact that people are too lazy to do. How about this? If everyone is SO determined for this big update to happen, how about everyone harasses the people who have information about all of those ideas. Gen 7 Emerald Battle Engine, Forms and Formes, PC Box Expansion, people who have included map tilesets WITHOUT replacing, harass them...just like how everyone harassed me to put in Gen 7. Just an idea, that could become a reality...if people desire so! Gotta go, gotta go back into the real world, cheers! ;)

You do realize that you're not the only one who lives in the "real world" right? Why do you think that just because you can't figure things out that it gives you the right to demand that others do the work for you?

The Emerald Battle Engine is open source; you can contribute to it if you want Gen 7. Between Advanced Map, IDA pro, and the data out there on the formats you should be able to figure out how to port over the tiles. The PC expansion is a bit difficult but should be possible to some extent if someone ever has the determination.

ROM hacking can be difficult at times but the answer can't be to complain till people do stuff for you. You should really learn how to do things for yourself, if you can't do that then I don't think ROM hacking is for you.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Good morning Guys, first I want to thank the creator of the game and its helpers (if there is one). I'm getting in touch because I'm done in competitive battles, so I started playing and when I was breeding I discovered that Everstone no longer goes to nature for the egg, would it be possible to correct this? Thanks in advance!

In vanilla Emerald, a Pokemon holding an Everstone only passes their Nature to Eggs they produce half of the time. Emerald was the first game where the Everstone could even do that much (In the other GBA games, the Everstone didn't do anything for breeding). B2/W2 were the first games to have the Nature always pass down with an Everstone. Having the Nature always pass down in a GBA game would be an added feature, not a correction. Now, if you bred a whole bunch of Eggs and none of them had the Nature of the Pokemon holding the Everstone, that could be a glitch. It could also just be bad luck.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    So many people have asked for things to be added/changed (the same thing has been requested multiple times on the same page) and antagonized LCCoolJ95, the creator of this great ROM hack. Meanwhile, LCCoolJ95 has gotten stressed out by the general lack of appreciation, causing him to ignore/miss actual bugs that have been reported. LCCoolJ95 seems like he is trying to make everyone happy, while not giving up what he wants in his ROM hack. I think things would go a lot smoother if people would stop asking for additions to the game or complaining about LCCoolJ95 for at least a little while, so he can focus on making sure the game is functioning properly before worrying about adding anything more.

LCCoolJ95, please double-check that you are using a clean Emerald ROM as your base. I have tested your patches on four different vanilla Emerald ROMs, and they work on none of them. All they seem to work on is the ROM from that video from a while back. They change that ROM to an almost vanilla Emerald ROM, then back if used again. I can send you a copy of one or more of the vanilla ROMs I have if you want.

Last edited:
    Back