• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Well, truth is - hacking fans can be horrible and try to force something on creators. That's why i think that having a concrete plan for a plan and outright lay it out in front of people is better than "general upgrade" hacks.

I'm still not a fan of LCCool's way of answering to actual questions and doubts, tho. If somebody's asking about a reasoning behin some features and they got answer like "this is my hack and it will be like that because i want it to be like that", then it's... kind of rude, and does not explains anything. Let me ask again - What's the point of 250 levelcap, besides making grind more frustrating and breaking formula behind "fluctuating" exp. rate in half?

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • These guys can't get a clue. The OP is frustrated. He posted those out of frustration.

Please.
    Stop feeding the frustration.

I don't even know the guy and I'm merely checking bugs for his hack but these comments are ticking me off. If you know morality so well and think you have the God-given right to shove it onto people, then please stop. None of us have that right and it's not the right time. The discouraging comments are not helping at all. I understand that what he said is offensive but that's the more reason we need to understand the OP (Unless you're really looking for trouble then go ahead).

As for the features we don't like, honestly I was against the 250 level cap as well but if that's what the OP wants, then we need to respect it. After all you have a choice: To play or not to play.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hi, LC, someone still argue with the level cap, I think ignore it is the best choice if you don't want to change. Plenty of the players who is arguing with the features are exactly come from tieba community, I know that. These players are come from the Pokemon Ebony Phantom tieba community, in Ebony Phantom, it doesn't have gen 6 and 7, they are never argue with that hack, but if your hack doesn't have gen 7, these players always argue with your hack. I can tell you the truth, that players cannot accept any of hack which is better than Pokemon Ebony Phantom 5.0EX+ The Boundless Chaos, because they like that hack best, if someone's hack better than that, they are blushing then against someone's hack.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    So many people have asked for things to be added/changed (the same thing has been requested multiple times on the same page) and antagonized LCCoolJ95, the creator of this great ROM hack. Meanwhile, LCCoolJ95 has gotten stressed out by the general lack of appreciation, causing him to ignore/miss actual bugs that have been reported. LCCoolJ95 seems like he is trying to make everyone happy, while not giving up what he wants in his ROM hack. I think things would go a lot smoother if people would stop asking for additions to the game or complaining about LCCoolJ95 for at least a little while, so he can focus on making sure the game is functioning properly before worrying about adding anything more.

LCCoolJ95, please double-check that you are using a clean Emerald ROM as your base. I have tested your patches on four different vanilla Emerald ROMs, and they work on none of them. All they seem to work on is the ROM from that video from a while back. They change that ROM to an almost vanilla Emerald ROM, then back if used again. I can send you a copy of one or more of the vanilla ROMs I have if you want.

LC's hack is probably based on Dynamic Emerald Attack, that Rom base is allowed by the author, the author showed all of materials and the hacker can decide the offset by themselves.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Meh, i don't know even what's that pokemon phantom emerald or tieba or whatever is, i'm just lurking pokecommunity for hacks and came here to this thread to ask about one thing, and creator never answered properly about it besides "Dis is muh hake!!" so personaly, i don't feel like attacking anybody, and please don't shove me into one group with random kids.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    You do realize that you're not the only one who lives in the "real world" right? Why do you think that just because you can't figure things out that it gives you the right to demand that others do the work for you?

The Emerald Battle Engine is open source; you can contribute to it if you want Gen 7. Between Advanced Map, IDA pro, and the data out there on the formats you should be able to figure out how to port over the tiles. The PC expansion is a bit difficult but should be possible to some extent if someone ever has the determination.

ROM hacking can be difficult at times but the answer can't be to complain till people do stuff for you. You should really learn how to do things for yourself, if you can't do that then I don't think ROM hacking is for you.

You really are clueless. He's not seriously asking for people to do it for him. He's being tongue-in-cheek by saying that if people want to be so demanding and pushy about it, they can do it themselves. Get it?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • You really are clueless. He's not seriously asking for people to do it for him. He's being tongue-in-cheek by saying that if people want to be so demanding and pushy about it, they can do it themselves. Get it?
    That is not how he worded it and does not seem to be the message he is trying to get across. The only reason he is demanding these things is because he either failed at them or is incapable of doing it himself.

Trainer 766

That is not how he worded it and does not seem to be the message he is trying to get across. The only reason he is demanding these things is because he either failed at them or is incapable of doing it himself.

Why don't you get it? He didn't want to implement them in the first place! He never had any intention to add Gen 7, it's just people being stupid constantly demanding for something that triggered the creator.

These people, despite being reminded that Gen 7 will never be in the game, a thousand times, still decided to act retarded. If they want Gen 7 that bad, they may just make the hack themselves. Why bother the creator?

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Why don't you get it? He didn't want to implement them in the first place! He never had any intention to add Gen 7, it's just people being stupid constantly demanding for something that triggered the creator.

These people, despite being reminded that Gen 7 will never be in the game, a thousand times, still decided to act retarded. If they want Gen 7 that bad, they may just make the hack themselves. Why bother the creator?
    Hello, guys, please view my last post at here, you can find out why these people always attack the author. It is combined into one reason, they cannot accept any of hack which is better than Pokemon Ebony Phantom 5.0EX The Boundless Chaos, because if a hack better than that, this kind of players have no face to see other people, they are feeling blush.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    I bet this is the exact response LC hoped to get. He's probably having a good laugh at this, while simultaneously working on the next release.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Why don't you get it? He didn't want to implement them in the first place! He never had any intention to add Gen 7, it's just people being stupid constantly demanding for something that triggered the creator.

I understand that but it still gives him no right to demand people do things for him.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023

No, the only reason he is "demanding" these things is because he never had any intent to add those things to the game in the first place, as if the first thousand times he said so wasn't enough for people to get it. It's a jib. A funny. A joke. You're taking things way too literally.

Trainer 766

I understand that but it still gives him no right to demand people do things for him.

He didn't demand people to do it for him, he just said "I have already made it clear numerous times I won't add Gen 7. HOWEVER, since some of you are so blind and insist I SHOULD ADD THEM, well you can have it, only if you present with me the right resources to do so. Then you can get Gen 7, happy?"

He could discontinue this hack if he wants to. In fact, I'd be rather happy if those fantards would just LISTEN and not continuously ask for something the creator wouldn't add. If they want Gen 7, they might as well do something for it or go find another hacker, instead of bugging LC about adding Gen 7 over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Geez.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Why don't you get it? He didn't want to implement them in the first place! He never had any intention to add Gen 7, it's just people being stupid constantly demanding for something that triggered the creator.

Actually no one has attacked him. Others and myself have merely stated that he needs to put some effort into learning things on his own. He on the other hand attacks people just for asking questions. This is the guy you're defending.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

No, the only reason he is "demanding" these things is because he never had any intent to add those things to the game in the first place, as if the first thousand times he said so wasn't enough for people to get it. It's a jib. A funny. A joke. You're taking things way too literally.
    I am only going off of what he has said. If he doesn't want to add the features then he doesn't have to add them.

It is disgusting for him to demand people to do it for him. He wants the Emerald Engine updated for Gen 7. By him demanding it get done he's basically demanding Dizzyegg and KDS do it since it's their engine. I posted links on his facebook with information of the map data but he was unable to figure out how to port the tiles. Now he's demanding someone do that for him to, I certainly am not going to do it. Several people have tried to help him but at this point I just don't believe he is willing to put in the work.

This day and age there are plenty of tools and resources at our disposal. As long as someone is determined they can learn what they need to know regarding ROM hacking. He's been ROM hacking for how many years now? Yet he still breaks his ROM every time he trys to insert something?

My message to LCCoolJ95 is this. You want to be a ROM hacker? You have to put in the work. You can't give up and get mad every time you can't figure something out. Learn from your mistakes and actually put in an effort. You want Gen 7 stuff in the battle engine? Learn ASM\C and contribute to the github. Want FR tiles in Emerald? Look to see how they are stored in each game and see what you need to do to make them work. The only person stopping you from progressing is you. Stop blaming other people for not having tutorials or for not wanting to help you. Make things happen for yourself.

If you can't do that then ROM hacking is not for you.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    Hello, guys, please view my last post at here, you can find out why these people always attack the author. It is combined into one reason, they cannot accept any of hack which is better than Pokemon Ebony Phantom 5.0EX The Boundless Chaos, because if a hack better than that, this kind of players have no face to see other people, they are feeling blush.

Stop being an idiot. I have no idea what Tieba is or what hack you're talking about.

I'm supporting the hack in my own way. I show the author what is wrong with the game, what is not good in it, what he can do to make it better. I'm not here to attack him or his hack.

I think it's probably one of the best Emerald hacks so far, and he did a great job.

My concern is how the author reacts to suggestions and recommendations. I don't want a damn Gen 7 engine or Gen 7 Pokemon, and I never asked him for that. What I suggested is that level 250 has absolutely no reason to be there. Just because LC learned a script how to expand the max level, doesn't mean he should add it in the game.

And it's better to repeat "There will be no Gen 7 Pokemon" than be rude. Also those comments and replies on Facebook just show what the author really is. It's a shame.

Panda, I don't understand why you keep answering everyone's questions and defend LC like he is your God, but you are extremely annoying and are derailing the thread by making everyone reply to your idiotic messages.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Actually no one has attacked him. Others and myself have merely stated that he needs to put some effort into learning things on his own. He on the other hand attacks people just for asking questions. This is the guy you're defending.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

I am only going off of what he has said. If he doesn't want to add the features then he doesn't have to add them.

It is disgusting for him to demand people to do it for him. He wants the Emerald Engine updated for Gen 7. By him demanding it get done he's basically demanding Dizzyegg and KDS do it since it's their engine. I posted links on his facebook with information of the map data but he was unable to figure out how to port the tiles. Now he's demanding someone do that for him to, I certainly am not going to do it. Several people have tried to help him but at this point I just don't believe he is willing to put in the work.

This day and age there are plenty of tools and resources at our disposal. As long as someone is determined they can learn what they need to know regarding ROM hacking. He's been ROM hacking for how many years now? Yet he still breaks his ROM every time he trys to insert something?

My message to LCCoolJ95 is this. You want to be a ROM hacker? You have to put in the work. You can't give up and get mad every time you can't figure something out. Learn from your mistakes and actually put in an effort. You want Gen 7 stuff in the battle engine? Learn ASM\C and contribute to the github. Want FR tiles in Emerald? Look to see how they are stored in each game and see what you need to do to make them work. The only person stopping you from progressing is you. Stop blaming other people for not having tutorials or for not wanting to help you. Make things happen for yourself.

If you can't do that then ROM hacking is not for you.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX
    Are you make sure it is the real LC? Some of people are very annoying, they use other people's name and information to create a fake account in the other community, and use the other people's name to attack the people, cheat the money, send the uncivil picture and etc.
    I don't think so it is real LC posted, it probably someone create a fake account or steal LC's account to send uncivil message who is disagree with the LC's level cap

Last edited:

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Stop being an idiot. I have no idea what Tieba is or what hack you're talking about.

I'm supporting the hack in my own way. I show the author what is wrong with the game, what is not good in it, what he can do to make it better. I'm not here to attack him or his hack.

I think it's probably one of the best Emerald hacks so far, and he did a great job.

My concern is how the author reacts to suggestions and recommendations. I don't want a damn Gen 7 engine or Gen 7 Pokemon, and I never asked him for that. What I suggested is that level 250 has absolutely no reason to be there. Just because LC learned a script how to expand the max level, doesn't mean he should add it in the game.

And it's better to repeat "There will be no Gen 7 Pokemon" than be rude. Also those comments and replies on Facebook just show what the author really is. It's a shame.

Panda, I don't understand why you keep answering everyone's questions and defend LC like he is your God, but you are extremely annoying and are derailing the thread by making everyone reply to your idiotic messages.

I can answer your questions, why I am helping LC? First, when I released my hack, there are also happened this kind of players response. More badly is someone stole my name and learn my speaking to attack the other people in the other community, then a lot of people hate me, after I explained it isn't my account, it is really someone's fake account, some of players still attack me and they still said it is my account when they already know it isn't my account in their heart. I think this kind of players are annoying; Furthermore, when I released my hack, this kind of players always attack me such as I am a patch dog, I don't have technology, I am a trash and etc. Finally, some of players who have attacked my hack, they steal a beauty's photo to let me post money, I believed that at the first time then said I love you, after I posted $1300, that girl has disappeared and blocked my wechat, then I found that player is not only attacked my hack but also is an internet cheater. So do you understand?

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022

In additionally, let us talk about the level cap. The author wants to expand the level cap, he doesn't hurt any people, but someone always argue with that it will lead to the author wants to give up the hack. Yesterday, one of the group member said he has released his hack at two years ago, then some of players use the very very bad sentences to attack him which doesn't like that hack's setting, after he has received a lot of response attack, he is crying then he has cancelled the hack. And more sadly is one of that players use QQ to tell him he is working from gamefreak, he needs to pay $200 fine, he is believing that when he got this message, after he posted these money, then he found that person is not a gamefreak employee, it is just a player, he is not only attack the author but also cheat the author's money. So this time can you understand why I am helping LC?

Back