• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald: The Last Dance

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
It has been almost half a decade since the last hack I uploaded to this website, and almost a year since I released Theta Emerald Forever and retired. But, something was holding me back, I didn't feel satisfied with it, so I ended up making one last game, one last ROM hack, one last dance. So, I decided to release:
369158962_1090412782300289_6173967635466156324_n.jpg

My goal was not making a game that would impress all, but something that makes me happy. Something that I can look at and say, I really enjoy this game. So, what are the features? Well:
1. 999 Pokemon, all done from the ground up and updated
2. 200+ Abilities, including a new one for Palafin ;)
3. 700+ Moves, and moves modified to be a bit better
4. 600+ Items, most from the most current generation
5. Jack in all Pokemon Centers (Move Tutor, Name Rater, Move Deleter)
6. "Wonder Trade" System, thanks to AbsolBlogsPokemon for existing lmao
7. 1 in 257 chance of finding a shiny, cause why not lol
8. And so much more!

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Chaos Rush, MrDollSteak, thedarkdragon11: For most of the sprites
KDS, DizzyEgg: For the engines for Pokemon Emerald
Li Yun: For ModExe
Lunos: Wonder Trade System for Emerald
Discord Server: For all of their support
MandJTV (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSAYHSNaY5_UEol4_frPurg): For the names of the Paradox mons
You: For existing :)

The attached download includes the patch (I used Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe) as a base, and I use mGBA cause VBA always has a habit of having a white screen of death thing going on), a guide that shows you where all the Pokemon and items are, and just for the heck of it, all of the tools and code I used to make the game, cause I think I'm just done with this after this thread goes live: https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwvsnpwthx8hfnv/Theta+Emerald+TLD.rar/file

I would just like to take this opportunity to say, thank you. Thank you all for supporting me throughout the years, through the good and bad. All and all, I had a good time, and I hope everyone enjoys this game, just as much as I had making it. Until next time ~LC

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hard to imagine I'm the first to comment on this. Congratulations, LC. This looks great.

Questions: Do IV, nature and ability modifiers exist in the game, as an item or NPC?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Congratulations on the release! Is this a binary hack?

Yes it is lol

Couple of Quick Suggestions:

Being able to turn off Exp Share (Before Roxanne my pokemon were level 18)
EV/IV Screens with the stats

1. I don't think there's a way to turn it off without removing it entirely lol
2. I had an idea of doing that, but for some reason it conflicted with the bag causing garbage data to spawn in the bag and I have no idea why it was doing that. I wish I could though.

Also, small update:

393420161_1135785844429649_581128502115374061_n.jpg

Added an NPC that gives up EV reducing Items that, well, reduce EVs lol download the link for the new update :)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Yes it is lol

1. I don't think there's a way to turn it off without removing it entirely lol
2. I had an idea of doing that, but for some reason it conflicted with the bag causing garbage data to spawn in the bag and I have no idea why it was doing that. I wish I could though.

Also, small update:

393420161_1135785844429649_581128502115374061_n.jpg

Added an NPC that gives up EV reducing Items that, well, reduce EVs lol download the link for the new update :)

It's a shame about the Exp-Share, The game fundamentally is good, However the Share makes it insanely Easy, Could it not be moved into the the non key items bag and then allowed to be put into the PC? I've seen other hacks offer an on and off feature but obviously no idea how it'd work

And thanks for the EV update, that definitely helps things if an EV/IV screen isn't possible :D

To show how the difficulty is all off here's my team after beating Wattson who's highest level pokemon is level 24 and I'm just north of Route 111
J2yrcrF.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Both NPCs now gave me reducing berries
(Shouldn't the middle one stick on boosting items?)
ps. players can use this to exploit and make infinite money.

We can still buy boosting items in Slateport tho

I really enjoy the idea of this game but I miss some features that other emerald hacks have (e.g Crest or Rowe) like IV Checker and DexNav(?).

I still have only 5 badges so let me keep playing and see how it goes

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
392952902_1137093544298879_6403101881383831576_n.jpg

Updated the game, fixes are:
-I accidentally had the two people on the second floor only give EV reducing berries. Fixed that lol
-Moves like Axe Kick crashed the game, fixed now
-Added an NPC in the Pokemon League that'll help you grind your Pokemon by giving you 99 Rare Candies lmao
Check the link above for the update 👍

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey, I can't get Regirock. Since this game doesn't allow us to use HM's manually, specially Rock Smash, I can't use it to unlock the door in Regirock's Cave. Is there another way to unlock the Regirock Cave's door?
And it takes a long time to hatch the egg which I got by breeding Manaphy with Ditto. Does Phione exists in this game? Lastly, do we evolve certain legendary pokemon by levelling up? or by using certain items?

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
sorry i am new to here and wanna ask how can i deal with this problem , my game is freeze
s!AirIIz4JXXMigZ9eJM9DPy51nDOVBg

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Is there any chance at all of looking to rebalance the game? It's just too easy and not enjoyable when you can 1 hit every opponent with anything in your team, I know I already suggested the Exp Share changes and it doesn't look like you're wanting to change it, I've always been a fan of the Theta Emerald hacks but this one is way too easy.

Also can something be done about HM's, You removed them and made them utility things but removing the buildings where you get certain ones has just created ugly open spaces that don't make sense now.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Just a small fix for the game. I didn't realize that you couldn't get to the RustedShield...whoops lmao. You should be able to get to it now. Link should have the updated patch.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Really wanting to give this a go. I typically wait for a few updates to occur before I commit to starting a hack with as many Pokemon existing as this one.

Does this have a way to lower EV's? Maybe allow for selling of the EV berries? They're hard to farm otherwise?

Back