• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    why ? i use Drain Kiss by Sylveon -> out game( i using No$gba)

Drain Kiss and Electro Ball both cause the game to hang for about 60 Seconds. Ominous Wind used to cause the game to crash but he's since fixed it. Are you using beta 1.4?

CupcakeEdgeworth

DR. Ivo "Julian" "Eggman" Robotnik Mach II
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    I decided to try and edit this ROM hack for more songs, specifically legendary battle themes...uh...

Spoiler:

...why do I even bother...
    someone made a IPS that changes all the songs to DPP ones. is that what you used?
    i also tried using it, but it seems you need to change the song tables for them to work wich i don't know anything about.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hey, I've been playing the hack for a while (just made it to Lavaridge!) and I'm really enjoying it so far. A question though, how do you evolve Roselia in this game? In the originals it was via Shiny Stone, which isn't in the game (or at least the stone merchant in mauville). Please tell me if there's an alternate method or if Shiny Stones aren't able to be bought or something lol.

Years
  • Hey, I've been playing the hack for a while (just made it to Lavaridge!) and I'm really enjoying it so far. A question though, how do you evolve Roselia in this game? In the originals it was via Shiny Stone, which isn't in the game (or at least the stone merchant in mauville). Please tell me if there's an alternate method or if Shiny Stones aren't able to be bought or something lol.
    I'm not entirely sure cause I don't have a Roselia atm but I evolved Togetic via Sun Stone... I think he used sun stone to replace shiny stone so that he didn't need to add another item. Try to buy that and see if it works (you can always reset if it's the wrong one). Surely one of the stones will work!

Years
  • Can somebody please tell me if the stats of some pokemon have been edited? If so, in which way? I really don't understand the stats of my Lucario and Charizard...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Can somebody please tell me if the stats of some pokemon have been edited? If so, in which way? I really don't understand the stats of my Lucario and Charizard...

They have their mega stats. Any Pokemon who has a mega evolution has those stats.

I checked in the game editor included in his 650 Emerald patch and I can confirm this is the case.

Years
  • Dude, why is Air Slash a -6 priority move? It bothers me for my fast special sweepers such as Charizard :/ and you can't abuse Serene Grace Togekiss with Air Slash..

Years
  • They have their mega stats. Any Pokemon who has a mega evolution has those stats.

I checked in the game editor included in his 650 Emerald patch and I can confirm this is the case.

Sorry, but that's still not the case. I bred for a Docile Charmander with Dragon Dance and picked one that had really good IVs. Checking with a tool that calculates the IVs, given stats and EVs, as far as Charmeleon lv 35 was, he had IVs as such: HP 20-24, Att 27-30, Def 27-30, Sp Att 20-24, Sp Def 15-20, Speed 5-9 (more or less).

I left Charmander in the day care until level 16. Then evolved it to Charmeleon. Then brought it there again until level 30. Then trained it in the EV cave. I counted the EVs he got. They are exactly like so: HP 0, Att 60, Def 0, Sp. Att. 36, Sp. Def. 0, Speed 33

My level 36 Charizard now has the following stats:
    Hp 110
    Att 95
    Def 86
    Sp Att 109
    Sp Def 91
    Speed 96

Checking with the same tool used before, these stats are invalid for a Charizard and also for either one of the 2 Mega Charizard. It doesn't fit Mega Charizard X nor Y.

In particular:
    For a Mega Charizard X:
    HP fits with the right IVs
    Att is invalid (too high)
    Def fits (but this time it's lower than it should be, since now the IVs shoul range from 3 to 5, while as a Charmeleon the range was 27-30)
    Sp Att fits with the right IVs
    Sp Def is invalid (too high)
    Speed is invalid (too high)
    For a Mega Charizard Y:
    Hp fits with the right IVs
    Att fits with the right IVs
    Def is invalid (too high)
    Sp Att is invalid (too low)
    Sp Def fits (but with low IVs. Before the IVs were 15-20, now they're 9-11)

So I'm wondering what happened with Charizard's stats, because it looks like a complete mess XD Putting aside the HP, it's as if all the other stats have been edited in a way that's way above a Charizard but doesn't really fit any of the 2 Mega forms. Nor an average between the 2.
    For Defense and Special Defense it's as if the stat is an average of the 2 Mega forms. For Special Attack, the stat is lower than the average between the 2 Mega forms, for Attack the stats is higher than the average between the 2 Mega forms, Speed is higher than any Mega form (in fact the 2 Mega forms both keep the original speed of a regular Charizard).

I can't be as accurate with Lucario, since I didn't count the EVs and Ivs while raising him, but yeah, I noticed that his stats are also crazy high. Same goes for Blaziken. Blastoise maybe? Now it's not like I'm complaining cause they're so strong! But I'd like to know which pokemon got their stats edited and in which exact way... you say all those who can have a mega form have their mega stats, but then Charizard is an exception cause he has 2 Mega forms? Then what are his stats? Also, then Sceptile or... dunno... Mawile have their Mega stats?

P.S. I have a Rash Blastoise level 59. No idea about his EVs and IVs, but a regular Mega Blastoise at level 59, even with 0 IVs and 0 EVs should have a Special Attack of 180. My Blastoise has 165. And I remember EV training his attacks and speed... These stats are not fitting those of the Mega, but they're still beyond the regular forms...

Dude, why is Air Slash a -6 priority move? It bothers me for my fast special sweepers such as Charizard :/ and you can't abuse Serene Grace Togekiss with Air Slash..

It's true! My Togekiss has a crazy speed, but Air Slash always strikes last! I also noticed that

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Sorry, but that's still not the case. I bred for a Docile Charmander with Dragon Dance and picked one that had really good IVs. Checking with a tool that calculates the IVs, given stats and EVs, as far as Charmeleon lv 35 was, he had IVs as such: HP 20-24, Att 27-30, Def 27-30, Sp Att 20-24, Sp Def 15-20, Speed 5-9 (more or less).

I left Charmander in the day care until level 16. Then evolved it to Charmeleon. Then brought it there again until level 30. Then trained it in the EV cave. I counted the EVs he got. They are exactly like so: HP 0, Att 60, Def 0, Sp. Att. 36, Sp. Def. 0, Speed 33

My level 36 Charizard now has the following stats:
    Hp 110
    Att 95
    Def 86
    Sp Att 109
    Sp Def 91
    Speed 96

Checking with the same tool used before, these stats are invalid for a Charizard and also for either one of the 2 Mega Charizard. It doesn't fit Mega Charizard X nor Y.

In particular:
    For a Mega Charizard X:
    HP fits with the right IVs
    Att is invalid (too high)
    Def fits (but this time it's lower than it should be, since now the IVs shoul range from 3 to 5, while as a Charmeleon the range was 27-30)
    Sp Att fits with the right IVs
    Sp Def is invalid (too high)
    For a Mega Charizard Y:
    Hp fits with the right IVs
    Att fits with the right IVs
    Def is invalid (too high)
    Sp Att is invalid (too low)
    Sp Def fits (but with low IVs. Before the IVs were 15-20, now they're 9-11)

So I'm wondering what happened with Charizard's stats, because it looks like a complete mess XD Putting aside the HP, it's as if all the other stats have been edited in a way that's way above a Charizard but doesn't really fit any of the 2 Mega forms. Nor an average between the 2.
    For Defense and Special Defense it's as if the stat is an average of the 2 Mega forms. For Special Attack, the stat is lower than the average between the 2 Mega forms, for Attack the stats is higher than the average between the 2 Mega forms, Speed is higher than any Mega form (in fact the 2 Mega forms both keep the original speed of a regular Charizard).

I can't be as accurate with Lucario, since I didn't count the EVs and Ivs while raising him, but yeah, I noticed that his stats are also crazy high. Same goes for Blaziken. Blastoise maybe? Now it's not like I'm complaining cause they're so strong! But I'd like to know which pokemon got their stats edited and in which exact way... you say all those who can have a mega form have their mega stats, but then Charizard is an exception cause he has 2 Mega forms? Then what are his stats? Also, then Sceptile or... dunno... Mawile have their Mega stats?

P.S. I have a Rash Blastoise level 59. No idea about his EVs and IVs, but a regular Mega Blastoise at level 59, even with 0 IVs and 0 EVs should have a Special Attack of 180. My Blastoise has 165. And I remember EV training his attacks and speed... These stats are not fitting those of the Mega, but they're still beyond the regular forms...

It's true! My Togekiss has a crazy speed, but Air Slash always strikes last! I also noticed that

If you don't believe me, just look in the Game editor yourself. Not only do Megas have their mega stats, but most have their mega types, like Sceptile.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I am not sure but with so much changes in code most tools like IV and EV testers would just not work properly.

Years
  • If you don't believe me, just look in the Game editor yourself. Not only do Megas have their mega stats, but most have their mega types, like Sceptile.

It's not that I don't believe you!!! First of all I don't know how to look in the game editor, so I don't know how to do what you told me to do. But that aside, I'm asking you, since you know how to do that, to explain the stats of my Charizard. Since she has 2 mega forms, which is the one I should consider as a reference? And how about Blastoise? Maybe sth is off with the stats, that's what I'm saying. I'm not using a tool like an EV or IV analyzer. I don't apply anything to the game itself. I use a tool that calculates the stats based on the nature, EVs and IVs. But to prove my point we don't need to look too much into it. I have a level 60 Blastoise, rash nature, special attack 168. I don't know his IVs and EVs in that stat. But if I use that tool to calculate the IVs and I set Mega Blastoise level 60, rash nature, 0 IVs and 0 EVs in special attack I obtain a value of 183. It means that if you have a Mega Blastoise level 60 with a rash nature the very minimum his special attack can be is 183. Mine is 168... it just means that a Blastoise doesn't have the stats of a Mega Blastoise. They are above those of a Blastoise, but don't match those of a Mega Blastoise. Similarly for my Charizard. Leaving aside all the rest, both Mega Charizard forms have a speed value of 100. Same as the regular Charizard. The speed of my Charizard exceeds that value. If I insert that value and a value of 33 EVs, with his docile nature and his level, the IVs calculator says that the value is invalid. It gives me a range that my speed should be with those set conditions and yet mine is like 10 points above. And I didn't even have 31 IVs (when I had a Charmeleon the calculator gave me a range of value like 5-9.), nor 255 EVs (the exact value was 33, as I killed 11 Crobats)

EDIT

Thanks to you mentioning the game editor and the rom base for the hack, I digged around and found the game editor. I checked the game with that and I figured that I was right.

Venusaur (first mega I can find), these are the stats I see with the game editor:
    HP 80
    ATT 102
    DEF 103
    SP. ATT 120
    SP DEF 120
    SPEED 100

But the stats of a Mega Venusaur are as such (source: Bulbapedia):
    HP 80
    ATT 100
    DEF 123
    SP. ATT 122
    SP DEF 120
    SPEED 80

So if we compare:
    Venusaur in Theta Emerald VS Mega Venusaur
    HP 80 80
    ATT 102 100
    DEF 103 123
    SP. ATT 120 122
    SP DEF 120 120
    SPEED 100 80

So as you can see the overall is the same. It's just... better, I'd say. Leaving aside those 2 points transferred from ATT to SP ATT (they don't make a big difference), they transferred 20 points from DEF to SPEED. See? Similar thing they probably did for other pokemon which can be mega. That's why the stats were off... I'm not complaining, since Mega Venusaur is slow and yet Venusaur is fast in this game. But it'd be useful to know which stats were altered and in which way, as I didn't pick a Venusaur or a Sceptile as a grass type because I was considering their regular stats!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    It's not that I don't believe you!!! First of all I don't know how to look in the game editor, so I don't know how to do what you told me to do. But that aside, I'm asking you, since you know how to do that, to explain the stats of my Charizard. Since she has 2 mega forms, which is the one I should consider as a reference? And how about Blastoise? Maybe sth is off with the stats, that's what I'm saying. I'm not using a tool like an EV or IV analyzer. I don't apply anything to the game itself. I use a tool that calculates the stats based on the nature, EVs and IVs. But to prove my point we don't need to look too much into it. I have a level 60 Blastoise, rash nature, special attack 168. I don't know his IVs and EVs in that stat. But if I use that tool to calculate the IVs and I set Mega Blastoise level 60, rash nature, 0 IVs and 0 EVs in special attack I obtain a value of 183. It means that if you have a Mega Blastoise level 60 with a rash nature the very minimum his special attack can be is 183. Mine is 168... it just means that a Blastoise doesn't have the stats of a Mega Blastoise. They are above those of a Blastoise, but don't match those of a Mega Blastoise. Similarly for my Charizard. Leaving aside all the rest, both Mega Charizard forms have a speed value of 100. Same as the regular Charizard. The speed of my Charizard exceeds that value. If I insert that value and a value of 33 EVs, with his docile nature and his level, the IVs calculator says that the value is invalid. It gives me a range that my speed should be with those set conditions and yet mine is like 10 points above. And I didn't even have 31 IVs (when I had a Charmeleon the calculator gave me a range of value like 5-9.), nor 255 EVs (the exact value was 33, as I killed 11 Crobats)

EDIT

Thanks to you mentioning the game editor and the rom base for the hack, I digged around and found the game editor. I checked the game with that and I figured that I was right.

Venusaur (first mega I can find), these are the stats I see with the game editor:
    HP 80
    ATT 102
    DEF 103
    SP. ATT 120
    SP DEF 120
    SPEED 100

But the stats of a Mega Venusaur are as such (source: Bulbapedia):
    HP 80
    ATT 100
    DEF 123
    SP. ATT 122
    SP DEF 120
    SPEED 80

So if we compare:
    Venusaur in Theta Emerald VS Mega Venusaur
    HP 80 80
    ATT 102 100
    DEF 103 123
    SP. ATT 120 122
    SP DEF 120 120
    SPEED 100 80

So as you can see the overall is the same. It's just... better, I'd say. Leaving aside those 2 points transferred from ATT to SP ATT (they don't make a big difference), they transferred 20 points from DEF to SPEED. See? Similar thing they probably did for other pokemon which can be mega. That's why the stats were off... I'm not complaining, since Mega Venusaur is slow and yet Venusaur is fast in this game. But it'd be useful to know which stats were altered and in which way, as I didn't pick a Venusaur or a Sceptile as a grass type because I was considering their regular stats!

One thing you need to understand is that he didn't give any megas their exact stats, just their BST (Base stat totals). Neither of those Venusaur's BST's are the normal Venusaur's ones, so just because they don't have the exact stats doesn't mean LLCoolJ didn't switch them around t his liking.

Years
  • One thing you need to understand is that he didn't give any megas their exact stats, just their BST (Base stat totals). Neither of those Venusaur's BST's are the normal Venusaur's ones, so just because they don't have the exact stats doesn't mean LLCoolJ didn't switch them around t his liking.

I think this is just what I was talking about in my previous comment. At first I was wondering why my pokemon didn't have the right stats, then you told me to check with the game editor and I figured that LLCoolJ rearranged the stats of the pokemon who have a mega form to his liking. I didn't check them all, but surely his Venusaur is better than the regular one! All I was saying is that it'd be nice to know the stats he editedand the changes he made...

p.s. thanks for the help

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2019
    Does that mean that any pokemon who has a mega evolution has the stats of a mega evolution in his normal form (in theta emerald)? This would make all mons that have no mega evolution very inferior.

Years
  • There's one thing that bothers me.. why did you give Larvitar DD and Riolu Bullet Punch, but you didn't give Ice Punch or Icicle Crash to Sneasel? The only good ice type attack it gets is Ice Shard, but lacks the power :/ and using a Nasty Plot + Ice Beam set is definitely not a good idea..

Years
  • Does that mean that any pokemon who has a mega evolution has the stats of a mega evolution in his normal form (in theta emerald)? This would make all mons that have no mega evolution very inferior.

Every pokemon which can mega evolve has the overall stats of the mega form. Stats are rearranged to the hacker's likings (it's often in a way that compensates for the pokemon's weaknesses). Yes the other pokemon are clearly inferior, but I still like the idea.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Okay so there's this bug when after u play the battle frontier for a bit and or battle via WiFi when you're out of the battle you're pokedex goes from whatever number u had to zero and also u can't open it plz fix thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Hi, I having an issue that I couldn't get a Chimchar from the wanderer in the granite cave. The wanderer just keep talking about the HM Flash and doesn't seem like giving anything to me.
    and will the infernape having iron fist ability?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back