• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daynasaurus

Dayna loves Grass types.
Years
  • I'm having trouble patching this game... I clicked ignore, and NUPS says that it's been successfully patched, but when i open it in VBA regular Emerald starts to play instead of the hack. It's as if it didn't patch at all. Anyone have any ideas what happened? I'm not new to patching at all, and this only happens with Emerald roms/hacks since I've successfully used NUPS for other hacks recently. I've downloaded and tried approximately 7 different roms from different sites and I get the same result...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    How to patch this game? I have never patched a game before. Also,it is not playing in VisualBoyAdvance as it is a .ups file.How to convert it to a .gba file?

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2015
    Once you get the meteorite from Mt. Chimney, talk to Prof. Cozmo in Fallarbor Town to get the Lucky Egg.

If you battle a legendary Pokémon, legendary music will play. Though, since I never looked into song hacking, I just used music inside Emerald. So, if you were to fight Dialga and Palkia, they would play Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza's theme.

...that's how their movesets are set up. That's not even a joke. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the 3rd gen starters learn their starting elemental moves before or at level 5.

It could have Inner Focus or Speed Boost. Speed Boost is a replacement for Steadfast.

How is it working? Are you using the program I supplied?

I am very new to this and like a lot of other people this is not working for me, ive done everything youve said about clicking the ignore button and it is still not working. would be great if someone could tell me what im doing wrong before i smash my computer in pure rage. thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    How to patch this game? I have never patched a game before. Also,it is not playing in VisualBoyAdvance as it is a .ups file.How to convert it to a .gba file?
    Well, the files are included in the v.1.4 download.
    Basically u first download a emerald rom from Google, the open the Nups program, look for the clean emerald.gba rom, the look for the ups file (it should read theta emerald v.1.4) and click the "ignore" option and then patch. You should get a file of around 32mb.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Well, the files are included in the v.1.4 download.
    Basically u first download a emerald rom from Google, the open the Nups program, look for the clean emerald.gba rom, the look for the ups file (it should read theta emerald v.1.4) and click the "ignore" option and then patch. You should get a file of around 32mb.

Thank you very much. But after patching when i open the rom in VBA, only a white screen appears.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    How exactly does one patch the hack file? So confused

first download pokemon theta emerald version 1.4 from pokecommunity. Then download a pokemon emerald rom. In the theta emerald file ,you will get a ups patcher. Run it and type the file name of rom to be patched (i.e pokemon emerald) and in the second slot type type the ups patch file (i.e pokemon theta emerald).Before patching,make sure to select the ignore button below.You will notice it.After patching,play the .gba rom(Pokemon Emerald) in VisualBoyAdvance.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2015
    I can't get the hack to work on the emulator on my phone when I try to open the rom it says unrecognised GBA file can anyone help me figure out the problem

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    I'm using a chromebook and I have a VBA-M emulator and yes it can run Emerald but for some reason can't run this hack and it looks so amazing

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Goranthegreat I have said that many times in this thread so the solution I would ywll u is to use a useless pokemon and change that sprite to a deoyxs

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • 9/15/15 UPDATE:
    After thinking about it for a while, and I've decided to show off the list in the spoiler below. This is something that I've been looking at for a while, but it is still in the works. This list is not a confirmation, but a possibility. What is set in stone are these points:

• 4th-6th gen WILL BE AVAILABLE
    • More new moves than Theta Emerald
    • New ABILITIES
    • Secret Trainer post-game (NOT RED)
    This list isn't set in stone, because I want to hear the opinion of you guys, the gamers. I care about the opinion of everyone, that way I can mold this little one into something that everyone can enjoy. So, please leave your opinions about the new Pokemon in the new game that, for the time being, will be called "Pokémon Theta Emerald EX."

Spoiler:

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    9/15/15 UPDATE:
    After thinking about it for a while, and I've decided to show off the list in the spoiler below. This is something that I've been looking at for a while, but it is still in the works. This list is not a confirmation, but a possibility. What is set in stone are these points:

• 4th-6th gen WILL BE AVAILABLE
    • More new moves than Theta Emerald
    • New ABILITIES
    • Secret Trainer post-game (NOT RED)
    This list isn't set in stone, because I want to hear the opinion of you guys, the gamers. I care about the opinion of everyone, that way I can mold this little one into something that everyone can enjoy. So, please leave your opinions about the new Pokemon in the new game that, for the time being, will be called "Pokémon Theta Emerald EX."

Spoiler:

I don't really understand the point of all the gender differences. Besides the obvious ones, like Meowstic, of course. But should it really matter if my Alakazam has a longer mustache?
    New abilities sound pretty cool. I would definitely get behind that. New moves would also be cool.
    Aegislash isn't really a good Pokemon to implement in Gen 3 without tweaking stats, as Shield form hits like a feather, while Blade form can't take a hit. I would likely just make Aegislash a stronger Doublade.
    If I come up with anything else I'll toss it out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    I have some questions to ask you:
    1.Is this ROM allowed other people use it to make the second hack game?
    2.If not, can you share the patch about your added 100+ new moves, new ability and new items to us? Thank you
    3.When I played this game, I found it has a problem, the TM can be sold to the shop, and you can use this method to make the money higher and higher, so can you fix this bug? The correct is all of the TM cannot be sold to the shop seller.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    In the theta emerald v1.5, can you add more ability and items? Such as flame orb, toxic orb and else, the ability such as protean, bad dream, snow warning and etc?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I have some questions to ask you:
    1.Is this ROM allowed other people use it to make the second hack game?
    2.If not, can you share the patch about your added 100+ new moves, new ability and new items to us? Thank you
    3.When I played this game, I found it has a problem, the TM can be sold to the shop, and you can use this method to make the money higher and higher, so can you fix this bug? The correct is all of the TM cannot be sold to the shop seller.

2 . at the bottom of his thread

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Wait is this going to be a whole new hack or is it still gonna be theta emerald with all 649 but you're gonna add the rest of the pokemon and abilities because I'm confused

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back