• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • Only one. Shiny Rayquaza is the only one who has Mega, while Arceus does not have but it still can't be dynamaxed. Should I have a team with completely no megas or Z-Crystals in order to be able to access the dynamax??

And one last thing, how to access Raid Battles and the empty Pokemon Den? Thanks and I am really really sorry for troubling you
    I tested it, and I was able to Dynamax Arceus fine. Are you sure it wasn't holding a Z-Crystal to change its type?
    The Raid Dens respawn every day. If you want to do more than one Raid Battle a day, buy some Wishing Pieces from the shop.

Hey there, just download the new version. Really looking forward to play the complete version, especially after I see the Dexnav and Story mode in the option part :)
    Thank you! Trust me, it's worth the wait!

UPDATE

v1.4.1 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! As usual with new releases, v1.4.0 had some bad bugs which have been fixed in this version! To make sure you're playing the correct version, the version v1.4.1 should be indicated on the boot screen. Note that this is not the same version at v1.4.0.1, which some of you may have.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    Fantastic game, I have never really been into competitive battling but I am having a ton of fun trying new combos and experimenting with various mons and items.

One quick question that I was wondering is that in the main game will Z-crystals and Dynamaxing be available or will they be specifically for the Battle Frontier (The front page implies that Mega-evolving is in the main game but that maybe me misunderstanding something). Thank you for the amazing hack.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • This hack is awesome! Haven't played it yet, but I think this has potential to become one of the greatest Gen. 3 hacks for the past and next 5 years...

Just want to ask if Partner Power and other Partner Pikachu and Eevee exclusive moves, as well as Meltan and Melmetal are available in this one? And any plans to add Gen. 8 species and form/es here as you've already added Dynamax?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    I tested it, and I was able to Dynamax Arceus fine. Are you sure it wasn't holding a Z-Crystal to change its type?
    No problems now, have downloaded the latest version, Thank you so much!!

I will see this as an official game, because you really started the new grade of rom hacking and literally made what many deemed impossible, so I could not have ask for more, you and your team are the best!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Did someone mention raid battles and the ability to buy wishing pieces?.... Ohhhh I missed that part, if so how? Love the updates thus far. Can't wait until the main game is released as well. If we have some of the mechanics we have in the battle demo, it will definitely be one of the best rom hacks ever no matter what.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    How to Dynamax ?
    Just make sure the pokemon you are going to dynamax does not hold any mega stones, Z-Crystals, or primal orbs, then when in battle, the red orb-like Icon should appear before using a move, then click Start

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2020
    Game freeze when try to buy berry at berry shop.

New second ability of Weezing is "Neutralizing GasA".

I prefer item names "Utility Umbrella" instead of "Utility Parasol".

Sometimes I found mega pokemon and pokemon with z-move in raid battle, when i fight him the game freeze.
    (I found Mega Medicham and Ho-oh with Z-Tailwind)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Just make sure the pokemon you are going to dynamax does not hold any mega stones, Z-Crystals, or primal orbs, then when in battle, the red orb-like Icon should appear before using a move, then click Start

Oh, thank you! One more question how to ascess the raiding den? Can't seem to find it

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • One quick question that I was wondering is that in the main game will Z-crystals and Dynamaxing be available or will they be specifically for the Battle Frontier (The front page implies that Mega-evolving is in the main game but that maybe me misunderstanding something). Thank you for the amazing hack.
    Z-Crystals and Dynamaxing will be in the main game. Mega Evolution is the main focus during the gameplay, but Dynamaxing can be done in some side quests and Hidden Grottos, while Z-Crystals are usually given as rewards for completing a certain request or discovering a hidden area.

This hack is awesome! Haven't played it yet, but I think this has potential to become one of the greatest Gen. 3 hacks for the past and next 5 years...

Just want to ask if Partner Power and other Partner Pikachu and Eevee exclusive moves, as well as Meltan and Melmetal are available in this one? And any plans to add Gen. 8 species and form/es here as you've already added Dynamax?
    Thank you! Meltan and Melmetal are available, but the Partner Pikachu and Eevee are not. Gen 8 will eventually be added to the DPE, and since Unbound is built on top of it, the data will inevitably be in the game. They will likely not appear in the main game (it's hard enough fitting seven generations of Pokemon in one game), but if I have the data, I may as well use them in the Battle Frontier demo.

Game freeze when try to buy berry at berry shop.
    The Berry Lady bug has been fixed in the latest version I just uploaded!

New second ability of Weezing is "Neutralizing GasA".
    The ability actually is called "Neutralizing Gas", but the ability name is overlapping slightly with the description. Thanks for pointing it out!

I prefer item names "Utility Umbrella" instead of "Utility Parasol".
    The name "Utility Umbrella" didn't display correctly when a Pokemon held it in the PC, so I opted to go with "Utility Parasol" so it would look correct.

Sometimes I found mega pokemon and pokemon with z-move in raid battle, when i fight him the game freeze.

(I found Mega Medicham and Ho-oh with Z-Tailwind)[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for reporting this! I'll look into it.

UPDATE

v1.4.2 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! v1.4.1 had many bugs which have been fixed in this version! Additionally, a couple improvements were made to the battle system:
    • HP bars now change in sync when a damaging spread move is used in Double battles!
    • In-battle Poke Ball graphics have all been updated thanks to Delta231!
    • Dynamaxed Pokemon are now sent out in the special Dynamax Ball!
    • Many bug fixes!

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    Something weird happened to me: I was battling in the Battle Sands, Gen 7 Ubers Tier in Double Battles and suddenly when I reached the 15th battle, the game would freeze everytime I sent my Pokémon out. Even using save states, it would happen everytime i tried to battle again. I always save when the referee asks me if I'm gonna continue battling or if I will retire. What's curious is that the music continues to play but the game simply doesn't move.

I was playing on myBoy for Android.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Hi, a question, how tool do you use to editor make the moves? (Sorry my bad english) (I am Brazilian)
    I use a text editor to modify the files in the Complete FireRed Upgrade.

Something weird happened to me: I was battling in the Battle Sands, Gen 7 Ubers Tier in Double Battles and suddenly when I reached the 15th battle, the game would freeze everytime I sent my Pokémon out. Even using save states, it would happen everytime i tried to battle again. I always save when the referee asks me if I'm gonna continue battling or if I will retire. What's curious is that the music continues to play but the game simply doesn't move.

I was playing on myBoy for Android.
    Which Pokemon were being sent out (in order from left to right)? Who was the battle against? When would the game freeze, before or after abilities activated? And this was in a 1.4 version?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Thanks for the updates... Btw I did find out where to get the wishing pieces for more max raids (gotta do more battles to replenish my BP😁).

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    I use a text editor to modify the files in the Complete FireRed Upgrade[/URL].

Which Pokemon were being sent out (in order from left to right)? Who was the battle against? When would the game freeze, before or after abilities activated? And this was in a 1.4 version?

- On my team there was a Groundon on the left and the gift Shiny Xerneas on the right, with a Solgaleo-Necrozma being my third Pokemon in the party. The enemy would change everytime i restarted my save, so I don't really remember what Pokemon they used all the times. If it's worth mentioning: I was playing with the battle backgrounds randomized, but in this case everytime I reestarted the save I would get the Distortion World background. The freeze would happen right after my Groundon turned into its Primal Form, with the text "It's returned to its Primal state" being where it froze, before it would even trigger any abilities. I was on the 1.4.2.1 version.

But it's worth mentioning that after that, I started playing again, this time on the "Dynamax Standard" tier, also on Double Battles, and I managed to keep playing just fine, even got the Gold Print from the Sands King, so I don't know what could have happened...

ALSO, another thing that happened, but I don't know if it's a bug or just me not knowing the next thing about Smogon: I tried once the Battle Sands in the Middle Cup tier, using a Charmeleon, a Wartortle and a Loudred, and the oponent used a Lugia and a Brelloom, so I stood no chance. lol

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • - On my team there was a Groundon on the left and the gift Shiny Xerneas on the right, with a Solgaleo-Necrozma being my third Pokemon in the party. The enemy would change everytime i restarted my save, so I don't really remember what Pokemon they used all the times. If it's worth mentioning: I was playing with the battle backgrounds randomized, but in this case everytime I reestarted the save I would get the Distortion World background. The freeze would happen right after my Groundon turned into its Primal Form, with the text "It's returned to its Primal state" being where it froze, before it would even trigger any abilities. I was on the 1.4.2.1 version.

But it's worth mentioning that after that, I started playing again, this time on the "Dynamax Standard" tier, also on Double Battles, and I managed to keep playing just fine, even got the Gold Print from the Sands King, so I don't know what could have happened...

ALSO, another thing that happened, but I don't know if it's a bug or just me not knowing the next thing about Smogon: I tried once the Battle Sands in the Middle Cup tier, using a Charmeleon, a Wartortle and a Loudred, and the oponent used a Lugia and a Brelloom, so I stood no chance. lol
    Thank you for the info! One last thing, did the game crash before or after the random stat boosts that happen every battle? And which moves does your Groudon know?

As for the Middle Cup, it actually is replaced by the GS Cup in doubles, so that would explain the Pokémon the AI was using.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    Thank you for the info! One last thing, did the game crash before or after the random stat boosts that happen every battle? And which moves does your Groudon know?

As for the Middle Cup, it actually is replaced by the GS Cup in doubles, so that would explain the Pokémon the AI was using.

It was before. My Groudon knows Cliff Blades, Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock and Swords Dance.

Another thing that I don't if it impacts gameplay, but I was playing using myBoy's fast foward at 2x speed.

Back