• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2020
    I'm having an issue about the monthly distributions. The delivery man always says there are no gifts. Is there a way I can address this? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2022
    i found some minor bugs in version 1.2.1, i recorded them using visualboyadvance so you can see exactly what happen!

Attachments

• Bugs.zip
      143.1 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Hello, newbie here. Downloaded this sweet, sweet demo a little while ago; first impressions are that it's intriguing and entertaining, but I've noticed that my Gible starter has been disobeying. Started after hitting level 12, pretty quick out the gates but not immediately or during the first couple of battles. There was a little red flag after hitting level 11; normal stat increases except that Attack got a +5 and Speed got a -2. As in, the stat lowered. Nothing like that since, as far as leveling goes. She's level 20 now and I have the first badge, which I had hoped would solve the issue. It did not. Therefore, the only thing of note that could be related is that she's illegitimately shiny; I used the shiny code for Fire Red (I don't recall if it was Action Replay or Gameshark) because I didn't want to sit through hours and hours of resets. I turned the code off after getting shiny Gible - I don't want a world of shinies, I just wanted the shiny starter without having to spend so much time resetting to get it. If this is intentional (cheats cause disobedience), then I will hang my head in shame and restart. If it's not intentional, just wondered if there might be a solution or if it's something worth looking into for future versions of Unbound. If this question has already been asked, I apologize for not having the patience to read the full thread. For reference, I'm running the patched rom on the MyBoy! emulator for Android. In any case, thank you for reading. Unbound is a lot of fun so far, so keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2019
    Hello there!

I started your game 3 days ago and what I wan't to say first is : THANK YOU!
    That's a real pleasure to play it and the story is so badass!!

I just had one question, I didn't find the answer so sorry if I'm no the first to ask : how can I do if I want to evolve a pokemon that normaly evolves by exchange? I really want a Golem (never had one)... And I can see that there is no integrated cable link in pokemon center T^T

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
    Years
    Hello there!

I started your game 3 days ago and what I wan't to say first is : THANK YOU!
    That's a real pleasure to play it and the story is so badass!!

I just had one question, I didn't find the answer so sorry if I'm no the first to ask : how can I do if I want to evolve a pokemon that normaly evolves by exchange? I really want a Golem (never had one)... And I can see that there is no integrated cable link in pokemon center T^T

I think in final version they will evolve by lvl or you will have to use the cable link which does not exist in the demo

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2019
    Hey thanks for your answer Gail.
    Have you got an idea of when the final version will come out? Isn't the game finished yet? I'm just after the 1rst badge now ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2022
    This is the first I've heard of Unbound. Sounds badass. My interest is piqued af. I haven't checked in on this site for a long while, so I wanted to see what I missed. Is this hack still in progress? I'm curious when I might been completed. Heck, I'd even wanna Beta test too if possible. I've beta tested before, so I know what to expect. Cheers, Skeli!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Gible starter has been disobeying....Therefore, the only thing of note that could be related is that she's illegitimately shiny; I used the shiny code for Fire Red (I don't recall if it was Action Replay or Gameshark)...If this is intentional (cheats cause disobedience), then I will hang my head in shame and restart. If it's not intentional, just wondered if there might be a solution or if it's something worth looking into for future versions of Unbound.
    Shininess in FireRed is determined by both a Pokemon's personality value and it's original trainer id. The code you used likely modified part of the trainer id causing your Gible to no longer obey.

This is the first I've heard of Unbound. Sounds badass. My interest is piqued af. I haven't checked in on this site for a long while, so I wanted to see what I missed. Is this hack still in progress? I'm curious when I might been completed. Heck, I'd even wanna Beta test too if possible. I've beta tested before, so I know what to expect. Cheers, Skeli!
    Yup, it's still in progress! Right now the main focus is on the Battle Tower/Frontier Demo, but that's wrapping up about now.

UPDATE

v1.3.0 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This version includes:
    • Two new battle facilities: The Battle Mine & The Battle Circus!
    • The scammer guy has two new services: Force Shiny & Change Gender!
    • Move items directly between Pokemon in the party menu!
    • Sort Cube by pressing Start while viewing items!
    • The Gambler, Burglar, Juggler, and Battle Girl trainer classes make their appearances!
    • The female player overworld and backsprites have been improved!
    • Various bug fixes!

Before updating to this version, it is preferable to save in the Pokemon Centre (accessed by leaving through the entrance of the Battle Frontier). You don't have to, but certain overworld sprites will appear strange until you reload whichever map you're on. This shouldn't crash the game, but it never hurts to be safe.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    UPDATE

v1.3.1 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This version includes:
    • A new look for the Frontier Card. Aim for a gold card!
    • Pablo and Paula no longer have temporary sprites!
    • Camomons now has visual type indicators!
    • Scammer guy always offers a shiny changer as an alternative option!
    • Tweaked monthly events for the next several months. If you cheated and changed the time to obtain some early, unfortunately you'll be missing out!
    • Some type icons have been updated!
    • Various bug fixes!

Assuming there are no issues, I hope for this to be the final version for a while. I may fix a few things here and there, but I'll only update if something serious needs to be changed. Thank you to everyone for all your support up to this point! I've had a lot of fun making this demo, and I hope you can all enjoy it for the next several months!

Years
    I just tried the battle frontier demo and I got to say, I think I'm in love <3. I'm also gonna give the main game a spin later :) I've got a question though; would the main game and the standalone battle frontier be both developed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really enjoyed the battle tower especially the battle mines i wish that you will finish it after you done the battle tower demo

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    (English isn't my native langage sorry)
    I'm playing the Battle Frontier demo and I think I found some bugs (not mentionned on the readme file). I don't have discord so I post here:
    - Stored Power seems broken: I faced a Gardevoir and a Swoobat who used Double Team and then destroyed me.
    - Pokemon poisonned with Pecha Berry or Lum Berry (I don't remember sorry) are still poisonned.

I play on mgba but I don't know how to have proof of what I said.

This game is amazing! Good work!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    I just tried the battle frontier demo and I got to say, I think I'm in love <3. I'm also gonna give the main game a spin later :) I've got a question though; would the main game and the standalone battle frontier be both developed?
    Thank you! And of course. The Battle Frontier will be present in the main game, although not to the same extent (there won't be a shop for random Pokemon). I'll still support and update the Battle Frontier Demo for some time after the main game is released.

I really enjoyed the battle tower especially the Battle Mine i wish that you will finish it after you done the battle tower demo
    Thank you! The CFRU is about to be officially released, and once that happens I hope to move full steam ahead with the rest of the main game.

(English isn't my native language sorry)
    I'm playing the Battle Frontier demo and I think I found some bugs (not mentioned on the readme file). I don't have discord so I'll post here:
    - Stored Power seems broken: I faced a Gardevoir and a Swoobat who used Double Team and then destroyed me.
    - Pokemon poisoned with Pecha Berry or Lum Berry (I don't remember sorry) are still poisonned.
    Thank you for reporting these! I figured out what was wrong with Stored Power, but I can't seem to place the issue with the Pecha Berry. Do you remember how the Pokemon got poisoned (with an attack, Toxic Spikes, etc.)? Do you also remember which Pokemon on the field was poisoned (yours or opponent's in single or double battle)?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Thank you for reporting these! I figured out what was wrong with Stored Power, but I can't seem to place the issue with the Pecha Berry. Do you remember how the Pokemon got poisoned (with an attack, Toxic Spikes, etc.)? Do you also remember which Pokemon on the field was poisoned (yours or opponent's in single or double battle)?

If I remember correctly, I was using my Thundurus-therian assault vest who poisoned a Quagsire with Sludge Bomb. Battle Tower in Single.
    I hope it helps you!

Sorry to give you more work but I think I have more to report 😅.

- Iron Barbs's of my Ferrothorn had no effect against Mawile using Play Rough and Feraligatr using Waterfall. (Battle Tower Single)

- I'm not sure about this one but when I confused the opponent's Excadrill (I used the move Hurricane with Choice Specs Noivern or Volcarona Bugnium Z I don't remember well sorry), the Excadrill hurt itself in confusion and took like 1/3 or more of full HP damage. I'm not sure about this "bug" because I know the more the Attack stat is high, the more damage you take from confusion but I was a bit shocked when it happened. Maybe Excadrill used Sword Dance before? But I don't remember that...

I just discovered your demo and I played a lot this week. It's really impressive all the hard work put into this game. Like you said, the battle frontier demo is like an (addictive) mobile game (but free lol) and the fact you must unlock pokemons make you use different strategies to win.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    If I remember correctly, I was using my Thundurus-therian assault vest who poisoned a Quagsire with Sludge Bomb. Battle Tower in Single.
    I hope it helps you!
    Ah. No Quagsire in the demo holds a Lum Berry or Pecha Berry. There is one that holds a Sitrus Berry, however. Could that have been what you saw?

Iron Barbs's of my Ferrothorn had no effect against Mawile using Play Rough and Feraligatr using Waterfall. (Battle Tower Single)
    Sheer Force negates contact abilities like those.

I'm not sure about this one but when I confused the opponent's Excadrill (I used the move Hurricane with Choice Specs Noivern or Volcarona Bugnium Z I don't remember well sorry), the Excadrill hurt itself in confusion and took like 1/3 or more of full HP damage. I'm not sure about this "bug" because I know the more the Attack stat is high, the more damage you take from confusion but I was a bit shocked when it happened. Maybe Excadrill used Sword Dance before? But I don't remember that...
    I'll take a look, but most likely it was just Swords Dance.

I just discovered your demo and I played a lot this week. It's really impressive all the hard work put into this game. Like you said, the battle frontier demo is like an (addictive) mobile game (but free lol) and the fact you must unlock pokemons make you use different strategies to win.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'd honestly love to play it myself on mobile, but unfortunately I have an iPhone and I'm not sure of a good way to play roms on there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Sorry, my mistake ! Indeed it was certainly Quagsire with Sitrus Berry.
    I play on Android with My Boy! so I can't help you but I heard about GBA4IOS.

Oh and I just saw Metagross isn't animated in the preview team (don't know how to call it haha).

Back