• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    Is there a pokemon location list? I really need it. Or can you tell me where I can find mudkip, charmander, treecko, ralts.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Would you consider adding more character customization abilities (see: PokeMMO)? It would be so nice to have a pocket world on the go that's unique and personalized to you. Otherwise, super great job! I'm excited for this release whenever you're ready.
    You'll be able to dress up as different characters, but I'm not sure how much more I'll expand this initial player customization.

Hi im just wondering if togepi is part of the game
    In the current releases, only in the Battle Frontier demo.

Is this based on a Fire Red rom?
    Do you have to patch it?
    Yes & yes.

how complete is the campaign in the current download? and if it isnt complete will i be able to just patch in the added content later?
    The original demo contains content up to just past the second Gym. Although I recommend you don't play that one. The Battle Frontier demo is more representative of what this hack will be capable of.

Hi my dusclops doesnt want to evolve into dusknoir even tho i have the reapers cloth. I really want dusknoir cuz im doing a nuzlocke
    If you're playing the original demo, it is no longer supported.

Is there a pokemon location list? I really need it. Or can you tell me where I can find mudkip, charmander, treecko, ralts.
    Not for the original demo. But in that demo you can find Ralts on Route 4.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hello! Is Eevium Z available in Pokemon Unbound Battle Frontier Demo? Is it random held by Eevee in easy level of Safari Zone? Or are there requirements must be met? Thank you!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Hello! Is Eevium Z available in Pokemon Unbound Battle Frontier Demo? Is it random held by Eevee in easy level of Safari Zone? Or are there requirements must be met? Thank you!
    Unfortunately if you weren't around for the Eevee distribution back in December, it's very difficult to get. I'm going to add in an Eevee spread holding it in the next update (for completeness sake), but the only way to get it will be by winning over 100 random battles in the Averagemons tier (Battle Circus), and then choosing to keep an Eevee on your team holding it (assuming you were given one). The game won't ever give you that specific Eevee when you buy a Little Cup Pokemon since it's not allowed in the Little Cup tier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    @Skeli
    Any news on when the main game is available for release? As much as I enjoy the battle demo, it would be good to play the game with a storyline as well. Looking forward to it when it is released.

Love the updated mechanics on the battle, great job!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Unfortunately if you weren't around for the Eevee distribution back in December, it's very difficult to get. I'm going to add in an Eevee spread holding it in the next update (for completeness sake), but the only way to get it will be by winning over 100 random battles in the Averagemons tier (Battle Circus), and then choosing to keep an Eevee on your team holding it (assuming you were given one). The game won't ever give you that specific Eevee when you buy a Little Cup Pokemon since it's not allowed in the Little Cup tier.

Ahh... It is okay. Thank you Skeli!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hello! Need help. Is there a condition to be met to make pokemons holding mega stones and/or z-crystals appear in Safari Zone of Pokemon Unbound Battle Frontier Demo? Or am I just out of luck? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Hello! Need help. Is there a condition to be met to make pokemons holding mega stones and/or z-crystals appear in Safari Zone of Pokemon Unbound Battle Frontier Demo? Or am I just out of luck? Thank you!

There are no conditions. But they are not found in Safari Zone either, they are found on pokemons, try buying them or doing raid battles, goodluck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    The screen freezes before a link battle can even start and it also gets a link error(ingame) upon using the trade center.
    The multiplayer compatability was added in an older version when I ckecked the changelog but those things happen when I try doing so, am I missing something(badge, lvls) or it still being worked on?
    I would like to battle and trade with friends.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2020
    Hi,
    Will the game have newer breeding mechanisms (destiny knot will pass 5 IVs)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    I see this game steadily approaching a full release. Are there any plans to make it available on an official cartridge? Apologies if this has been asked already, I couldn't find an answer.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    I see this game steadily approaching a full release. Are there any plans to make it available on an official cartridge? Apologies if this has been asked already, I couldn't find an answer.
    No, sorry. The only official distribution will be with a patch.

@Skeli
    Love the updated mechanics on the battle, great job!

Any news on when the main game is available for release? As much as I enjoy the battle demo, it would be good to play the game with a storyline as well. Looking forward to it when it is released.
    Thank you! See the FAQ

The screen freezes before a link battle can even start and it also gets a link error(ingame) upon using the trade center.
    The multiplayer compatability was added in an older version when I ckecked the changelog but those things happen when I try doing so, am I missing something(badge, lvls) or it still being worked on?
    I would like to battle and trade with friends.
    I don't believe I messed with the link capabilities. Battles have been out of the question for a while now, but I can take a look into the trading at some point.

Hi,
    Will the game have newer breeding mechanisms (destiny knot will pass 5 IVs)?
    It already has :)

UPDATE

v1.4.4 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This one has plenty of QOL updates, as well as bug fixes:
    • Healthbar type icons can be used in normal battles from the Option Menu!
    • Pokemon in the Safari Zone become easier to catch after multiple hits in a row!
    • Mix Mode has been added as an effect to the Battle Circus!
    • Gastrodon East is now obtainable!
    • Marlon has been added as a Raid partner!
    • Bag scrolling speed has been increased!
    • The battle background slides in faster!
    • Raid bosses can now drop Type-resist Berries!
    • New textbox frames!
    • Box 24 can be used to store preset teams!
    • Spinda has been added to the Frontier!
    • Eevium Z & Snorlium Z are now obtainable without the event!
    • Reveal Glass, Prison Bottle, & Gracidea now work 100% properly!
    • Monthly events are now on a password-based system!
    • Many bug fixes!

The most notable of these changes is the fact the you can no longer automatically pick up the new monthly event when the month changes. Events are now on a password-based system, meaning that even if you miss an event, you can still pick up a previous month's as long as you enter the correct password. This system will also carry over to the main game of Unbound, although the BFD's events will be kept separate.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Events are now on a password-based system, meaning that even if you miss an event, you can still pick up a previous month's as long as you enter the correct password.
    Hello, I'd just like to ask if it is also possible to get all the previous events by entering their password? If so, where do we find them? Thanks. Love the new update btw!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    @skeli just discovered a bug. I got the May distribution Aegislash, liked the moveset so I decided to pp max them all (I have enough pp maxes in my cube) however when I went to do so the game hung for a moment and I lost 3 pp maxes when I updated one move (regarded them as pp ups rather than maxes.). I've reset the game so I still have what I lost but is this just a one time glitch or is it a bug? Please check.

Update: just tried again after my reset, the game doesn't hang, I click the selected Pokemon (just happened with the before mentioned May Aegeislash) then click on the move I want maxed out but after several clicks... The action is not completed and I had to back out. Just wanted to let you know.

Just found another possible bug... Did a max raid right now, the opposing Pokemon's shield graphics are moving from one direction to another rather randomly (the red indicators)... They go left rather than right, go back to the left and back to the right. Kind of funny looking actually. Please check as well.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Hello, I'd just like to ask if it is also possible to get all the previous events by entering their password? If so, where do we find them? Thanks. Love the new update btw!
    The only old event I programmed to be available past the distribution date with a password is last month's Garchomp event. If you missed it and would still like to receive the Garchomp, please message me privately for the password.

@skeli just discovered a bug. I got the May distribution Aegislash, liked the moveset so I decided to pp max them all (I have enough pp maxes in my cube) however when I went to do so the game hung for a moment and I lost 3 pp maxes when I updated one move (regarded them as pp ups rather than maxes.). I've reset the game so I still have what I lost but is this just a one time glitch or is it a bug? Please check.

Update: just tried again after my reset, the game doesn't hang, I click the selected Pokemon (just happened with the before mentioned May Aegeislash) then click on the move I want maxed out but after several clicks... The action is not completed and I had to back out. Just wanted to let you know.

Just found another possible bug... Did a max raid right now, the opposing Pokemon's shield graphics are moving from one direction to another rather randomly (the red indicators)... They go left rather than right, go back to the left and back to the right. Kind of funny looking actually. Please check as well.
    Thank you for reporting the PP Up bug! I fixed this in v1.4.4.1. As for the Raid shields, what you say is reasonable since I modified the shield animation to be cause less interference with Max Move animations, but I've been unable to recreate it. Is there any chance you record a video and upload it to streamable.com?

Back