• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I dont know exactly as I easily won wthout them in Insane difficulty but I think u can get Lucarionite at the left of Gurun Town from a old man standing at the seashore, however u hv to complete a mission to achieve it. I have know about of Houndoomite as I dislike Houndoom.

That Mission from Undying Lucario old man is extremely annoying...But I Am trying to complete it...
    BTW, I'm Playing in Casual and its a Cakewalk(I have played hard games like Insurgence and Black Cinder, and even Renegade Platinum).... I just wanna explore and experience the Power of Mega Evolution !!! ( Mega-Garchomp is worse than Normal Garchomp, so I just wanted a Better Mega, like Houndoom or Lucario and thankfully I got Houndoomite)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    It just a placeholder for a future distributions.

From the old lady who randomly appears in Magnolia Café every day

Yeah, the same person

Not a bug, Nincada is a swarm encounter so you can't dexnav search it

Lucarionite is a mission reward from an old man in Great Desert, Houndoomite in Shadow Base, where you fight Zeph

You can't set higher difficulties from Casual unless after beating the E4

I currently have 5 Gym Badges and I'm at Gurun Town, can I get Houndoomite now, or is it Available later....?
    Edit- Nevermind, I got it, it was a Hidden item !

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    Love your amazing romhack, Skeli! I only made progress up until Route 9 as I got stuck getting past the Shadows. Quick question: does the game include 8th gen Pokemon by any chance? I'm using the main version of the hack and trying to catch some new Pokemon for team changing for strategies against harder Gym Leaders.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    Up to gen 7, with a few exceptions, you can check the readme included in the download.

Checked, and it seems like only up to Gen 7 atm. I hope Skeli will plan on updating the main version with the 8th gen pokemon in the future. Though, Radical Red has 8th gen pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    When I try to play the game, it crashes at the beginning of the first rival battle. The game works fine before this point. I used 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) as the base rom, and downloaded the patch from this page. When I open the game in the emulator, it gives a bad headsum error. I tried fixing the headsum in gbata, but this still happens when I open the game. I've tried deleting and redownloading and repatching both the ROM hack and the base ROM several times. I would love to play this ROM hack, but it isn't working and I don't know how to fix it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    Does anyone know where to find a metal coat? I'm trying to evolve a scyther and I can't find one anywhere.

Years
  • When I try to play the game, it crashes at the beginning of the first rival battle. The game works fine before this point. I used 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) as the base rom, and downloaded the patch from this page. When I open the game in the emulator, it gives a bad headsum error. I tried fixing the headsum in gbata, but this still happens when I open the game. I've tried deleting and redownloading and repatching both the ROM hack and the base ROM several times. I would love to play this ROM hack, but it isn't working and I don't know how to fix it.
    I guess you're using No$gba, right? Try another emulators like mgba, VBA-m
    Does anyone know where to find a metal coat? I'm trying to evolve a scyther and I can't find one anywhere.
    Held item by Magnemite/Bronzor

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    I started the game recently and i tried so many ways but i dont know to evolve sneasel, can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    Changing emulators worked. No$gba and VBA didn't work, but BizHawk did. Thanks for the help.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2020
    What an awesome rom hack!

I've found one thing I have a question about:
    When I enter a battle, create a save state at the beginning, and start my battle. When I reload that state and repeat my moves, my foe's responses are exactly the same as before. Including pokeball fails, dodges/misses, critical hits, etcetera.
    It's like the battle was set in stone before it began.
    Is this normal?

I like using save states to catch harder to find Pokémon. Thought I'd share this with you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Ok, I'm just annoyed now. It's been a week since my failure to catch Cresselia and I'm tired of chasing it all over the place. I tried getting help on the discord channel, a couple of people responded (thanks!), Tried their suggestions, no can do.

Would @Skeli or any of his team suggest something I can do or should I just resign myself to never catching it. I do want to finish the mission concerning the legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    i have a big issue guys. I tried to fight Giratina to capture it and i failed at first so i closed it and opened it to try again and now i am stuck in the middle of nowhere ( https://prntscr.com/w6kyx6 ). I have no idea what to do. i don't have saves to go back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2022
    I missed the september event for rayquaza, does anyone know the code to redeem it from the mystery gift guy in the pokemon center? Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2020
    Hello! I've been enjoying the game so far, and I can't believe I am playing this for free. Thank you for the admin's efforts, you guys are such vital parts in making the community alive. I hope this game doesn't get taken down by N*ntendo just like Pokemon Prism did.

Just like I said, I've been enjoying the game so far! Stellar graphics, smooth gameplay, exceptional plot and writing, in-game mechanics on-point---just incredible overall!

I'm on my way to Seaport City (just got HM Rock Climb). Just got one question though, is a Shiny Stone available pre-E4? Where can I get it? I've been dying to evolve my Togetic which is currently at Level 86.

With that being said, once again, a huge thanks to the developers! Pokemon Unbound is currently my top Pokemon GBA Rom Hack, followed by Pokemon Gaia. Can't really thank the developers enough for the efforts put into this game.

Back