• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Hey, I'm using a Pi 2B, which works nicely most of the time.
    And it's quite straightforward to use it these days, as you can use a preconfigured system like Recalbox or Retropie and you're good to go.

To reiterate the problem I encountered, my Pi is offline and I only let it fetch the time from my phone's internet to set the correct time within the emulator before playing a game with a clock function.
    I simply forgot it once, saved, and now the game always claims it was saved on 2076/01/01, no matter how much I save running the correct date again.

I guess it's simply to protect the raid and event system, but as a downside, it disables it completely should your save file and current time conflict once.

I'll possibly have a look at the save file later. Without elaborating much further (could be a grey area), the protection mechanism has to be stored somewhere.

On a side note, I loaded the game and corresponding "faulty" save directly on my phone running RetroArch, the correct time and all, loading and saving still triggers the protection, which was expected.
    So for now, my options are the attempt mentioned above, restarting, or resume on 2076/01/02. X-(

Ahh I see, since the system is offline, it's understandable then about RTC. My husband too doesn't have his pie online all the time, he takes it to and from work and hooks it up to his own monitor etc (his has a keyboard, mouse etc built specifically for the pie).

I think you're right about about being the only 2 options. You might want to start over to take advantage of the gift Pokemon when you finish the game otherwise you'll miss out on somethings. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hard save and reset the game to get different results for battles. Simply reloading a save state won't do anything to change the predetermined aspects of battles.

Well.... i already know this pal ?!?!?! That's not the point that i was trying to make. You didn't read it thoroughly, did you ?....

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Well.... i already know this pal ?!?!?! That's not the point that i was trying to make. You didn't read it thoroughly, did you ?....

I also had this issue before (Pokemon Breaking out of Pokeballs are Same each time I Load). Then i realized that i shouldn't use Load and Save, I started using Start>Save and it gave different results

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    encoutered a shiny fletchling, didn't realise it was shiny KO'd it, google the sprite afterwards because it didn't look right and cried for 30 mins after. Saddest moment of my life playing Unbound.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Is there a way to play the game on max difficulty on the first run? I kinda don't want to go through the story once and replay it again just to be on a reasonable difficulty. If not can this be done for any future updates so that I can just wait for it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is there a way to play the game on max difficulty on the first run? I kinda don't want to go through the story once and replay it again just to be on a reasonable difficulty. If not can this be done for any future updates so that I can just wait for it?
    Yes, in the intro it lets you choose between vanilla, difficult, expert, and insane

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    I have almost completed all the missions (barring the ones that cannot be completed yet of course).
    Pokedex (both Borrius and National) will be a waiting game for the swarms.
    The 20-catch streak in the safari zone will be tough but possibly doable.
    The 100 league wins and 100 frontier entries will be a matter of time.

HOWEVER! I am really really struggling with that frustrating Treasure Hunter mission, I have looked everywhere and cannot find that last hidden item anywhere 😭
    Same goes for TM25, it should be at Mt Thundercap at the Route 11 entrance (so not the part that connects Epidimy and Antisis, but the part that connects to Tarmigan, right?) but I cannot find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a video, or a map, or anything useful for those? I am losing my mind trying to find them!

Years
    • Seen today
    I am trying to play this on my PSP 1001 (emulator TempGBA mod) and the problem is that in EVERY TRAINER BATTLE the game lags... Please help!

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that. I played it on my PSP as well and the lag never fully goes away in battles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I am trying to play this on my PSP 1001 (emulator TempGBA mod) and the problem is that in EVERY TRAINER BATTLE the game lags... Please help!
    There's something in the FAQ about the high quality music causing lags on some phones when fast forward is used. Maybe disabling the background music could help you too?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    hello guys I have switched on the RTC option but in the game while opening it is telling to enable RTC please tell me if I had made any mistake

Back