• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    One more question. I caught 799/807 pokemon and seen 801/807. I traded mewtwo from Battle Frontier version and still missing Latias, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Genesect, Marshadow, Poipole, Nagandel. Are those obtainable somehow via trade from Battle Frontier version or it's impossible to catch every pokemon and finish national pokedex just yet?

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I'm extremely confused on how to install this rom hack. can someone please link me to a guide?

"How to install" u said?
    Well, if u download this game file from this rom (pokecommunity), u need to extract it first I guess...but if u want to download the zip file, which actually playable without doing any extraction, go to gbahack rom and download the zip file there...of course u need an emulator first to play any gba romhack

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I mean, that... Doesn't really help? 😅
    If the item list is in order, I have found all items in the bottom floors: 2 Relic Copper, 4 Relic Silver, 2 Relic Gold, 2 Relic Vase. I am only missing the very last one, which should not be on one of the bottom floors.

If you go to the mission list, press A on the Treasure Hunter mission, you should see a list of the items you have found. And they should be ordered by the place you found them, so if that is correct I have found everything in B4F, B3F, B2F and B1F. Item #10 is in the burial chamber and I am missing #11.

The 11th item was in the B1F based on my mission log

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    How to download?

I actually doesn't download the game in this rom. I downloded it on gbahacks rom cz it was a zip file which actually playable without doing any extraction

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Had that particular issue as well, I was really annoyed by these conditions. Until I realised I wasn't utilizing the mechanics the game has to offer.
    You basically just need to catch a bunch of Cutieflys with Honey Gather ability and do a couple of encounters with them in your party. They collect Honey regardless and you can skip Combees altogether.
    You can also use the DexNav (register Combee to R Button) and use a Repel, if you really want to find Combees instead.
    The second method is particularly useful for a later mission which requires you to find Pretty Wings, which I actually finished that way instead of being unaware. Before, I told myself after receiving the mission: "Yeah, I'm not gonna do that 20 times which sucked 3 times." But let me tell you, it's really easy using all the tools provided.

Unrelated, but in case someone stumbles across my earlier issue of saving "in the future" (alleged RTC tampering) and disabling all things RTC, I'll just quickly confirm that you can date your save backwards with a little bit of hex editing knowledge. Again, not condoning abusing that, just putting it here in case I don't ever reply and someone wants to help themselves.

I didn't find the lady that gives you the dexnav until I had 6 gym badges. So easy to miss stuff in the game. If I had that when I was doing the quest I could have done it in 10 seconds. Grr.

Anyone know where the guy that lets you change to your pokemon's hidden ability? I used him once but I can't remember where he was. I swear I've looked everywhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Whats link download? Please

Very first page, scroll down, the link to download is there. The zip file will contain the .ups and 2 programs (and will require a fresh squirrels fire red ROM) you can use for patching along with readme files. If you're using an Android device such as a tablet or phone use the app called unipatcher to patch the unbound.ups and a fresh squirrels fire red ROM file to patch. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    are there any save editors compatible with this?

Not unless it's built to work with CFRU based hacks. It would need to know how many Pokemon are in the hack, what their attacks are, how many attacks are in game along with their data, and depending on what it can edit, possibly even map data. I'm missing a lot of other things as well, probably.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    I know its probably an impossible request, but would it ever be possible to turn off rtc? i sadly can't play unbound on twilight menu

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Is it possible to teach Zygarde the moves like dragon dance from the cube? Also are there any other move tutors then the move manic?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2021
    Unrelated, but in case someone stumbles across my earlier issue of saving "in the future" (alleged RTC tampering) and disabling all things RTC, I'll just quickly confirm that you can date your save backwards with a little bit of hex editing knowledge. Again, not condoning abusing that, just putting it here in case I don't ever reply and someone wants to help themselves.

Could you by chance provide the offset for the date? I ran into the same issue a couple of days ago; I transferred my save to my DSI and played using GBARunner2, which doesn't seem to support RTC, and now the current in-game date is stuck at 2255/15/31. I tried searching through my save file with no luck. I assume it's either stored as 0xFF0F1F or 0xFFFFFF, but didn't find any results for the former and found way too many for the latter. Also, did you run into any checksum issues when editing it?
    Edit: For reference, I have a .srm save file with a size of 128 KB.

Edit 2: I figured it out! I was wrong about how the date is stored. Here's a few examples:
    2005-04-04 -> 22 22 54 A0
    2021-04-04 -> 22 22 54 A1
    2021-04-10 -> 9E 54 54 A1
    2021-04-11 -> 9F 5C 54 A1
    I don't really understand how this format works, but if you just set it to 01 01 01 01 and then save over it, it should fix itself. The hard part is finding where the current date is stored. The save file stores multiple copies of your save data, and switches out which copy is the active one every time you save. It seems to me that each copy starts on an offset that is a multiple of 0x1000. On one save, the current date was stored at 0x19FB8; on another, it was at 0x6FB8. It may be stored in multiple places but only with the one in most recent save counted. To fix your save file, try looking through every offset ending in FB8 for something that looks like it could be the date, and then zero it out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Looks like an awesome game!

Are there any plans to include gen 8 pkm in the future?
    And I can see a lot of placeholders for Crown tundra related content in the documentation, are those going to be completed by the authors?

Interested because playing with Galarian Zapdos etc. would be amazing in sprites!

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Can anyone tell me how to play? I dont know where to put the ups file in.

Download the game file > extract it into a zip file > open the emulator > choose the pkmn unbound file
    If u was another guy who confuse on extracting, just download the zip file on other rom like gbahacks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    There should be a file called "tsukuyomi" or "NUPS" in the ZIP which includes the Pokemon Unbound UPS file. Run that program, selected "Apply patch to an existing file", select the UPS file as patch and select a clean english fire red rom (normal fire red basically) for the second file to patch and create the Unbound rom.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2021
    Pokémon Unbound
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]
    Introduction
    Hello Pokécommunity, my name is Skeli and this is my one and only ROM Hack. I began ROM Hacking seriously in 2016, and since then I've written various ASM routines, created the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion for FireRed, and created the Complete FireRed Upgrade alongside ghoulslash.
    After much time, I am proud to announce that Pokemon Unbound is finally ready. There are now two fully-featured versions available:
    • The first is the main game, a story driven game with complex puzzles designed to test the limits of your patience and perseverance. Once you clear the main campaign, there is also a significant amount of post-game content to enjoy for weeks to come.
    • The second, known as the Battle Frontier Demo, showcases Unbound's battle engine by granting unrestricted access to the Battle Frontier. This version was created in the format of a mobile game; meaning daily rewards, monthly distributions, and unlimited playtime. If you enjoy battling, then you'll find no shortage of things to do with the over 100 different possible battle combinations. For a fair battling experience, I recommend this version over the main game's Insane difficulty - a difficulty designed around unfair challenges.
    With that being said, enjoy Pokemon Unbound!​

Story
    Welcome to the Borrius Region, a region rich in history. Many years ago the Borrius region fought a brutal war with the Kalos region. The people of the Borrius region summoned a dark force to help them defeat their enemies; however, the war ended in defeat when the king of the Kalos region unleashed the ultimate weapon. With the war over, the dark force was sealed away never to be used again. Many years later, an organization known simply as "The Shadows" seems bent on releasing the dark force once again. It's up to you to stop them and save the Borrius region from ultimate destruction.​

Features
    • A Powerful Engine: Pushing the Complete FireRed Upgrade to its maximum potential, Pokemon Unbound contains a custom battle engine on par with Gen 8, as well as many quality of life features that improve the gameplay experience just waiting to be found. Enjoy catching all of your favourite Pokemon, from Gen 1 up to Gen 7, while using all of your favourite moves and abilities from each of these generations!​
    • Features Galore: Pokemon Unbound is also chock full of features to enjoy, such as Unlimited Bag Space, Auto-Run, DexNav, Daily Raids, Inverse Battles, and much more!​
    • A New HM System: Have access to all of your favourite HMs without the hassle of carrying HM slaves! As long as your Pokemon can learn an HM, they will be able to use it in the overworld, and once you purchase the brand new key item - the ADM in the post-game, enjoy battling with all six Pokemon from your favourite team regardless of the HMs they can learn!​
    • Updated Graphics: Sporting Gen 4 graphics in the overworld and Gen 5-esqe interfaces, in addition to a dynamic day and night system, Pokemon Unbound has a brand new, yet familiar feel! You're not in Kanto anymore!​
    • Difficulty Modes: Choose from up to four different difficulty modes! Ranging from Easy to Insane, you can either sit back and relax or get your teeth kicked in by a completely brand new AI system!​
    • A Unique Mission System: Pokemon Unbound contains over 75 unique Missions to complete! Mission progress can be tracked using the new Mission Log, in addition to extra details, such as which items have been found in collectathons!​
    • Character Customization: Choose from up to 300 different combinations of skin tones, hair colours, and outfit colours! Unleash your fashion sense!​
    • Daily Events: There are plenty of events all over Borrius, many of which can be experienced daily, and some can only be found at certain points in the day! Play throughout the day to experience them all!​
    • Exciting Mini-Games: Play exciting mini-games such as Safari Sniper and Underground Mining!​
    • Challenging Puzzles: Put your brain to the test, and find ways to solve many of the unique and complex puzzles littered throughout Borrius!​
    • A Rich Post-Game: Spend hours after the main campaign battling in Pokemon Unbound's battle facilities, completing Missions, mining in the KBT Expressway, catching Legendary Pokemon, and so much more!​
    • A Custom OST: Enjoy over 50 unique songs composed for Pokemon Unbound, each as brilliant as the last!​

Screenshots

Videos

Special Thanks
    • Golche for sprite work, feedback, music and bug testing, and all around good work.
    • RowdyHD for the logo and support art.
    • Theharth for many things such as testing, trainer text, menial labour, etc.
    • Blanders, Humanly, Potatoboss, TimelessHeir, and PhazonRuler for astounding music composition.
    • Nex for sprites and making the amazing title screen background.
    Criminon for plenty of sprites and UI designs.
    • Dr. Fuji, Hillsy13, and U.Flame for their great mapping work.
    • Kamina for great sprite redesigns.
    Lixdel for helping with a ton of stuff, including move animations, data insertion, and thorough bug testing.
    Gail for helping test the CFRU in its infancy and plenty of bug testing afterwards.
    • Patrickz for in-depth bug testing and AI suggestions.
    • HnzMtthw for a great job bug testing and designing concept art.
    • Sevenk for a great job bug testing and offering suggestions for improvements.
    • Strudelmuffin for coming up with some great late-game puzzles.
    • Noodlewhiz for handling bug reports and his research into the correct mining implementation.
    • Phantom Phoenix for his VS fix and other early ROM Hacking help.
    • Achromatic for his CSS Template as a Base.
    • PRET for their astounding work with the decomps, a large reason Unbound is where it's at today.

Credits
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    All of the bugs and changes from the official games are listed in the attached readme file. If you find a bug not mentioned, please report it in the hack's Discord channel.

FAQ
    Spoiler:

Documentation
    Pokemon Guide (Credits to The Spectre)
    Location Guide (Credits to SevenK)
    Level-up movesets
    Egg Moves
    Evolution Methods
    Base Stats & Wild Held Items
    Battle Frontier Info
    Trainer Teams (Credits to SkiDY)

Main Story Completion
    100%

Battle Engine Completion
    100%

Post Game Completion
    90%

Downloads

Unbound 1.1.3.1
    Original Release Date: December 1, 2020
    Update Date: January 20, 2021
    Completion: This is the completed version of Pokemon Unbound. A couple of areas from the post-game are still missing, but there is plenty to do in the meantime.
    Update: New Game +, RANDOMIZER, plenty of general improvements, and bug fixes.

Unbound Battle Frontier 1.4.5.1
    Original Release Date: July 1, 2019
    Update Date: August 3, 2020
    Completion: This is a demo version that allows you to play exclusively in the Borrius region's Battle Frontier. It contains four battle facilities enjoy, as well as Raid Battles and a Safari Zone demo.
    Update: Gigantamax, Another PC Box, Bug Fixes, + More (See changelog)

Spoiler:

Special Distributions
    Aprils's special distribution for the main game is a Shiny Lopunny based on Mel's! It'll be unavailable in the Battle Frontier Demo until I update it, but once the BFD is up to date you can redeem it forever! If you're playing the main game, once you defeat the Pokemon League, talk to the green deliveryman on the second floor of any Pokemon Center to enter the password to receive this Pokemon!​

Password: 5NB9MQ9DU2FM
    Revealed On: April 2, 2021
    Will be Hidden After: April 30, 2021

Awards

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED] Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]
    • HOTY 2019: Most Graphical Appeal
    • HOTY 2019: Best Gameplay
    • HOTY 2019: Fan Favourite

Support us!

https://discord.gg/k34Jm4T

How do i finish the supply and demand side mission in Antisis City?

Back