• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Eevenin

Eevee Apologist
Years
    • He/him/his
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    The splash screen at the start says 2.0.0. Does that mean I need to update it to 2.0.3.2 or does that update also call itself 2.0.0?

Apologies, this seems like it would be a common question, but I don't yet know how I would use the search function on an individual thread for an answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    I have bien playing this game since late 2020 when it was completed at first. Thank you Skeli and all your team for all your efforts.

Just one thing, considering that Borrius is such a great and vast region, I beg you for Borrian Forms on Pokemon. Maybe at least the 3 starters, change them into other mons, I'd love to se a Fire/Dragon Flygon, Grass/Fairy Ampharos and Water/Steel Poliwrath or something like that, Just as example. Following normal starter matchups or go all the way arround and make them neutral Normal-Dark-Electric of course with their respective Mega Evolutions as well... please if possible I think something like that would add even more to this great game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    I just checked and yes it seems you may want to update since the splash screen on mine says 2.0.32

NitroAPokemón

PokéFan
    Years
  • When will the next Version ,which I think is 2.0.4 release?
    And also will there more versions of this or will you be doing another rom hack

Years
  • I am a Chinese player, how to make a Chinese version , this hack is different from normal FireRed. Ordinary methods don't work, and the font library cannot be imported.

Because this is a CFRU hack, text editing tools may not be 100% reliable in them. If I were you I'd still play in English anyway since only that way I could improve my English. Not to sound like a narcissist, but even though my first language isn't English I seem to have a good grasp of that language mostly because I preferred playing PC games in English when I was a kid.

Oh and by the way, why did you quoted a random post from fourth page of this thread, which is from 2016? That link probably showcases the most ancient version of that game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    A battle against a rival. My first pokemon is Stunky (which has Flamethrower), his one is Swinub. If I use Flamethrower, he will switch to Larvitar. If I use some other move, he won't switch. Next time I take Spheal as my first one. If I use Water Gun, he will use Flail. If I use Defense Curl at first, he will use Mud-Slap immediately. "A completely brand new AI system" of this game is so good that even knows my thoughts...

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    Alright, I have read about VBA not working for the underground pass race, and I'm ok with that.
    My problem is that I can't complete all the missions because the timer in cloud burst also instantaneously ends.
    Can someone please help with a workaround, preferably other than use another emulator.
    If another emulator is the only possibility, then how would I keep my save?
    If Skeli is watching this board, then do you have a good solution?
    I love the game, but as a completionist and finding out that I'll have to either restart or leave something incomplete kinda breaks me.
    Maybe a warning in the readme would have saved me this mess.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    this rom hack is nice and some animation is great like mega evolving is improved not like other rom hacks who has mega symbol floating like a smoke but after i trade pokemon when i checking party my pokemon summary some of pokemon have sprite disappear and freeze or in battle when checking summary it make the game restarts...sadly

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Well, before anyone is as stupid as me and potentially waste hours, make sure you read both README files.

Most of us probably know about adjusted abilities and the like, but I just wasted a lot of time in trying to get an unobtainable-until-post-game egg from the Day-Care Man's sister.

I usually pay attention to release notes, but after earlier versions, I did not expect such a change.
    I guess it's because of the ability it doesn't share with Kecleon, so it isn't overpowered (I wanted the other ability anyway), but it sure was unexpected and made me take a break from playing.

Joegreenbeen

Shooting for the Sky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @Powezard

Whenever you save your game, the emulator will create a .sav file. If you choose to used a different emulator, you'll just need to move/copy your ROM file for Unbound and your .sav file to the folder for that emulator. I've been able to continue a save switching between my phone and laptop using this method

ItzDatJoeyMagik

ÜN ÜN ÜN goes the regirock
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    So, I just want to know a good Fire type Pokemon I can use! I would be really happy if anyone told me a Good fire type, and where to catch it (I really wanted to use a Gen 6-7 fire type)... It would be good if I can get it before the Third gym. ( I would also be really happy if we can get a Gift starter at around 2nd-3rd Gym maybe...)

There is a gift starter right before the second gym. Its the one for tepig. There is also the litleo from beating challenge road right before dresco town.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Hi, just finished the game and it was absolute gold, by far the greatest rom available right now! I know I'm a little off topic, but can I ask if there are other games like this? I mean all catchable pokemon at least through gen7, unbelievable QoL and cool postgame?

Back