Just an ordinary Romhacker

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years

Before we start off!

Hey everyone, I am here once again with a new gba romhack project!
This time around I am making a sequel to my first romhack (and Part 1 of my series), Pokémon Saiph!
This is Part 3 of my romhack series, The VytroVerse! (Hack made from: "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)")
Parts:
Spoiler:
Part 1: Pokémon Saiph
Part 2: Pokémon Sors
Part 3: Pokémon Saiph 2
Further parts will be added in the future!

Story (Spoilers)

Spoiler:

Welcome to the region of Regris! Old Almia was once a peaceful nation, learning to live together with Pokémon. The almians lived in peace, until one day an ancient beast, Darkrai, appeared and kept the region's population under terror. They were forced to move underground, where Darkrai's powers couldn't reach them.
Mysteriously one day, a knight found a way to put an end to Darkrai's terror, sealing it on a new land he claimed and named New Almia. As a result, Old Almia changed its name to Regris and brought the land a new era... however it also created a new nation it started to rival.

Centuries later, due to unknown reasons the Regris Government layed eyes on Darkrai's ancient powers once again, to keep themselves safe from Almia, or perhaps to break the world order of The United Regions...
It has been 3 years since the events of Pokémon Saiph, and only a couple weeks since the chaos was quelled in Hupest with the help of Micah Kusei.
Micah and Darlo on his way back from a diplomatic event in a faraway region, got into a plane crash, that ended up taking them to Regris, where now they have to
face an organization, called the Regressists, who are trying to reclaim Darkrai's lost powers... Are they doing this for Regris? Or perhaps there is something else going on behind the scenes? Find out in Pokémon Saiph 2!

Features (v1.1)

• A new region to explore, Regris! (And an extra surprise about regions in the end)
  • The Complete Fire Red Upgrade as the game engine... finally! (Items, moves, abilities, Pokémon, pss split etc. Updated to the latest standards)
  • Proper Battle AI
  • Multiple modes to play the game in! (Randomizer, Lvl scaling, exp all etc. These modes can be combined as you please!)
  • For the dedicated players: Hero Mode and Vigilante Mode!
  • Once again a full PokéDex now including gen 8 too!
  • DexNav
  • Side Quests
  • Soaring & Diving (The classic HMs are present as Field Moves not requiring an HM taught)
  • Ancient Regression (It works like Mega Evolution)
  • Day/Night System and possible D&N events (the emulator needs to support RTC)
  • Battle Frontier

Hero Mode & Vigilante Mode
Spoiler:

Hero Mode is essentially the game's "Hard Mode" with various changes applied to your gameplay!
(It's also randomizeable)
  • Trainers Scale based on your highest leveled Pokémon
  • Forced Set Mode
  • Harder Boss Battles
  • Saving tied to Pokémon Ranger like save spots (no start menu saving)

Vigilante Mode!
(It's also randomizeable)
  • Trainers Scale based on your highest leveled Pokémon
  • Forced Set Mode
  • Harder Boss Battles
  • Saving tied to Pokémon Ranger like save spots (no start menu saving)
  • Game Soft Resets after a Loss!

Screenshots!

Spoiler:

Download

Mystery Gifts!

Claim them after getting the PokéDex in any Pokémon Center.
Mini gifts you can claim right away:
Spoiler:

Chespin XY2016V
Fennekin XY2016VNM2
Litten ROWLETGOOD
Grookey MASUDAMONKE
Alolan Sandshrew ALOLASET1
Alolan Vulpix ALOLASET2
Alolan Exeggcute ALOLASET3
Alolan Diglett HEEYEHEYE
Alolan Meowth ALOLASET4
Alolan Geodude ALOLASET5
Alolan Grimer ALOLASET6

Major gifts revealed periodically:

Password: FINEASHEVENT
Revealed on: 2023. Septermber 22nd

Password: ???
Revealed on: 2023. October 6th

Changelog

Spoiler:

v1.1
Spoiler:

- Couple typos/grammatical mistakes fixed
- Possible sequence break in the beginning fixed
- Possible sequence break when you have to surf to Fillbur Isle fixed
- NPCs that should be gone after the Crimseti Forest Events do disappear (makes Mall available)
- Collision issue at Regris Sea & Marrgon Foothills fixed
- DexNav encounter glitch in Tempou Ruins fixed
- Glitchy Bidoof NPC text fixed
- Hidden Ultra Ball giving 0 Balls fixed
- Minor fixes
- Grookey Code can be used now (Thread had the wrong code, now it's the right one)

v1.0
Spoiler:

Full Release - Base Version

Links

Links you may find interesting.

Spoiler:

Launch Trailer

Tech Demo Trailer

Game's Teaser

Frontier Brain Battle Theme

Legendary Beast Theme

Game's Opening Theme

Wild Battle Theme

Trainer Battle Theme

Route 1's Theme

Surf Theme

Bugs (v1.1)

Spoiler:
  • Opening the EV IV Screen of a Pokémon which is inside a PC Box crashes the game (Sometimes it doesn't, but it shows the wrong data/Pokémon)
  • Opening the Town Map at certain areas places the location mark at the wrong spot (mostly side areas)
  • TM Case visual issues (not game breaking)
  • Samurott Can’t be Regressed
  • 'Use Vent' and 'Use Dive' bubbles get messy if the start menu is opened (corrects itself if closed)
  • Ingame Trades have custom moves, but they are only applied to the right Pokémon if the traded Pokémon was in the first slot in your party!
  • If you have trouble with soaring after it unlocks, go to Regris Sea and surf on diving water (darker shade of water)
    (I will work on a fix as quick as possible)

Emulator Compatibility (General Information)

Spoiler:
  • Eclipse, VBA-M, No$GBA and the 3DS GBA VC are not compatible with this romhack!
  • VBA, mGBA, MyBoy, JohnGBA and PizzaBoy 100% work (hardware like everdrive weren't tested)
  • When it comes to cheats, you are on your own, as they can mess up the game, thus I won't provide cheats, and there won't be cheats listed anywhere.
  • Game made from "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)"
  • Support for any commercial ROM's will not be given in this thread.

Credits

Spoiler:
  • Chaos Guardian, DorkusDragon, Hyper, Skullcap_Linus, LokeiSmokei, Mirramig, Meomite, Epaul, Bellarena, Elgranr (Beta Testers)
  • Skeli -and everyone who contributed to it- (CFRU Game Engine & DPE)
  • Sivak Drac, Teck, ShinkoNet, Moxxa, Sean Bee, SHINE, King Meteor, Chron Dafter, Ryu Hokoru, Jeisson, Speedcrimson12, Mastered Realm,
    MezmerKaiser, Some Body, Jace, MaliceX, Klaperz (Base midis, VGMusic users, Music, List may expand over time)
  • Hyo (Some parts of Micah's sprites)
  • hbdfreitas (BW Styled HP Bars)
  • Umbren (Starter Choice Poké Balls)
  • BlueRosie (Save File Screen Hack)
  • Vent & Ruki/Gold (Trainer Card)
  • Vent (Naming Screen)
  • CompuMax (New Options Screen)
  • FYTYNo1, DestvoL, Othienka, darkversekr, Nova (New Ancient Regression Form Sprites)
  • CrystalArk (PokéWalker Item Sprite)
  • Epaul (Cord Mod Sprites, Epaul Sprites, Micah End Credit Running Animation)
  • azimuth (EvIV Screen Code)
  • GoGoJJTech -and everyone who contributed to it- (For the DS Music Base giving me the soundfont I'm using)
  • Magiscarf, ChaoticCherryCake, princess-phoenix, WesleyFG, KingTapir, TheGreatZeKro, PkmnAlexandrite (Public Tilesets, will be expanded considering progression)

VytroVerse Chronicles

Support Banner

[URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=458509"][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/YkJNx3W/Support-Banner.png[/IMG][/URL]
Part 2: Pokémon Sors

• Credits may expand/change over time.
• The romhack was developed me, there was no development team, but special thanks to Epaul for his contribution!
• This is Copyright © 2021 by #Vytron. Do not claim as your own. If you upload my game (or showcase it) anywhere make sure to give credit and provide the official documentations and source links! (and if possible only distribute the game's .ups patch files instead of prepatched roms!)

Pyxal

Age 18
Pakistan
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
992 posts
4.2 Years
Fan Games Staff Post
<snip>
Approved! Looks amazing! And good luck!

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Approved! Looks amazing! And good luck!
Aye, thank you!

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Whats the starter ?
Pokémon

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
So, VytroVerse is expanding, eh? Wishing you best of luck with the project, mate!!

By the way, I would also love to know about the starters.
Obviously lol
As a little spoiler
Spoiler:
There are 6 parts planned

As to the starters, you will see lol
(There will be 3, no singular stuff like in Sors)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.

They/Them
Lavender Tower
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
1,550 posts
6.4 Years
Wohooo! Can't wait to hear you go wild on the music in this one!
Finally dropped my mixtape Venting session vol. 2! This mixtape is deeply personal to me as the 4 tracks touch up on themes such as Mental health, parental upbringing etc. Do consider tuning in!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kAUxSM3mgS8eAk9x8TtbkDStWZ4UuxyGA
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6ycxLV7YZ35lXIPBT9Iwrv
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/in/album/venting-session-vol-ii-ep/1627628714
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
57 posts
10.2 Years
Out of curiosity, are there going to be any distinguishing elements/aspects in this game to help make some of the Pokemon stand out? Some examples of what that could be include fan-made Pokemon, or fanmade Evoltions or Mega Evolutions, or even overhauled movepools that include Egg Moves in the Level-up and/or Base Stat rebalances.

I see that this will be an "all the Pokemon in one Region" fangame, but I have found that those tend to be weaker in many ways (including due to things like Region overcrowding) to fangames with more curated Pokedexs that can then spend time adding nuance to the roster that's included.
The World of the Pokémon Animé is much too vast and has too much depth to focus on just a single aspect of it, like just battles or just adventure. :)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Wohooo! Can't wait to hear you go wild on the music in this one!
You bet I will ;)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Out of curiosity, are there going to be any distinguishing elements/aspects in this game to help make some of the Pokemon stand out? Some examples of what that could be include fan-made Pokemon, or fanmade Evoltions or Mega Evolutions, or even overhauled movepools that include Egg Moves in the Level-up and/or Base Stat rebalances.

I see that this will be an "all the Pokemon in one Region" fangame, but I have found that those tend to be weaker in many ways (including due to things like Region overcrowding) to fangames with more curated Pokedexs that can then spend time adding nuance to the roster that's included.
New species expanding already existing ones isn’t planned.
As to the full Dex, I might not make the region force in all 890+ species in a single National Dex, as I might have a regional dex with less and make the rest available outside of the dex like in S&M (if I do this I will hand out a Nat Dex in the postgame but yeah you get the idea)

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!

Male
Asia
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
520 posts
3.5 Years
Do you have plans to add an Ev-Iv Display Screen?
Winning an arguement with an intellegent person might be hard,but winning one with a dumb person is impossible.

Projects I support:

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Do you have plans to add an Ev-Iv Display Screen?
Maybe, the IVs are kinda displayed but I might make it more streamlined

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Something I would suggest, you could incorporate difficulty levels instead of just one single set one to offer player choice.
We will see

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Some new screenshots added to the thread!

Age 27
Male
Brandon,MS
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted September 18th, 2021
4 posts
2.4 Years
A Full Pokedex with Generation 1 through 8 you say?! Oh boy! Will it include the Pokémon from both the Isle of Armor, and the Crown Tundra from Sword & Shield too? Do you also mean by all the Generation 8 Pokémon
Including the starters too? i would be happy to play your game if it has it all!
Male
Philippines
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
282 posts
6.7 Years
A Full Pokedex with Generation 1 through 8 you say?! Oh boy! Will it include the Pokémon from both the Isle of Armor, and the Crown Tundra from Sword & Shield too? Do you also mean by all the Generation 8 Pokémon
Including the starters too? i would be happy to play your game if it has it all!
considering RadRed has all the mons and both Saiph 2 and RadRed uses cfru, I think its a yes.

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
Will it have other forms of pokemon like eclipsinging in pokemon sors
Alternative forms this time aren’t planned
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
57 posts
10.2 Years
New species expanding already existing ones isn’t planned.
As to the full Dex, I might not make the region force in all 890+ species in a single National Dex, as I might have a regional dex with less and make the rest available outside of the dex like in S&M (if I do this I will hand out a Nat Dex in the postgame but yeah you get the idea)
Not overcrowding a single region would definitely be a good thing to do.
The World of the Pokémon Animé is much too vast and has too much depth to focus on just a single aspect of it, like just battles or just adventure. :)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
349 posts
6.7 Years
I hope this game has a longer post game, considering Sors is really short.
Sors’ was already pretty packed if one decides to 100% the game but we will see