Just an ordinary Romhacker

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years

Before we start off!

Hey everyone, I am here once again with a new gba romhack project!
This time around I am making a sequel to my first romhack (and Part 1 of my series), Pokémon Saiph!
This is Part 3 of my romhack series, The VytroVerse! (Hack made from: "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)")
Here's Part 1 and Part 2!

Story (Spoilers)

Spoiler:
The game takes place 3 years after the events of Pokémon Saiph and a few weeks after Pokémon Sors, however it's not too connected to the latter.
Micah along with Darlo, are returning from a formal event which Micah was invited to as Colen's Champion and the Co Leader of the world's first ITP Group. (International Threat Prevention)
On the flight back, they get into an mysterious accident which results with the plane crashing. Micah and Darlo evacuates everyone, however they themselves ended up being stranded in the faraway Regris Region! Micah is being treated by a Regrissian (The word used for someone from Regris just to be clear) girl and starts his mission to find Darlo, find a way to connect with Lori in Colen and a way to return home... However as always things aren't as simple as that. Little does Micah know, that he is about to be involved in something even he hasn't seen 3 years ago... (or Asher a few weeks ago for that matter)

The game follows the story of Micah Kusei, and uses a singular protagonist. Once again, this is a artistic (wiritng? idk) choice to have a much more coherent story!
Story segment will be expanded later!

Features (Will get expanded later!!)

• A new region to explore, Regris!
  • A Custom soundtrack (tracks from various, media remixed with my own style with a B2&W2 Soundfont)
  • The Complete Fire Red Upgrade as the game engine... finally! (Items, moves, abilities, Pokémon, pss split etc. Updated to the latest standards)
  • Proper Battle AI
  • Once again a full PokéDex now including gen 8 too!
  • DexNav
  • Side Quests
  • Day/Night System and possible D&N events (the emulator needs to support RTC)

Screenshots (Will get updated later!)

Spoiler:

Download

There is no downloadable build of the game so far, but stay tuned!
Just like with Pokémon Sors, there will be a Demo released before the Full Game.

Links

Links you may find interesting.

Spoiler:

Game's Teaser

Game's Opening Theme

Wild Battle Theme

Surf Theme

Emulator Compatibility (General Information)

Spoiler:
  • When it comes to cheats, you are on your own, as they can mess up the game, thus I won't provide cheats, and there won't be cheats listed anywhere.
  • Game made from "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)"
  • Support for any commercial ROM's will not be given in this thread.

Credits

Spoiler:
  • Skeli -and everyone who contributed to it- (CFRU Game Engine & DPE)
  • Hyo (Some parts of Micah's sprites)
  • hbdfreitas (BW Styled HP Bars)
  • Againsts (BW Summary Screen)
  • GoGoJJTech -and everyone who contributed to it- (For the DS Music Base giving me the soundfont I'm using)

Support Banner

[URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=458509"][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/YkJNx3W/Support-Banner.png[/IMG][/URL]
Part 2: Pokémon Sors

• Credits may expand/change over time.
• Stealing/Ripping material out of the screenshots is strictly forbidden
• The romhack was developed solely by me, there was no development team.
• This is Copyright © 2021 by #Vytron. Do not claim as your own. If you upload my game (or showcase it) anywhere make sure to give credit and provide the official documentations and source links!

Spacewalker

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
896 posts
2.2 Years
Fan Games Staff Post
<snip>
Approved! Looks amazing! And good luck!

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Approved! Looks amazing! And good luck!
Aye, thank you!

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Whats the starter ?
Pokémon

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
So, VytroVerse is expanding, eh? Wishing you best of luck with the project, mate!!

By the way, I would also love to know about the starters.
Obviously lol
As a little spoiler
Spoiler:
There are 6 parts planned

As to the starters, you will see lol
(There will be 3, no singular stuff like in Sors)

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

He/Him
India.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,255 posts
4.5 Years
Wohooo! Can't wait to hear you go wild on the music in this one!
Ayee I just dropped my latest single Soulace on all streaming platforms. This is a chill Lofi track that's very personal to me! I hope y'all enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fT3k2KU1dw
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0EeJ5hMa8YUDHaZEhmbCqk
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/in/album/soulace-single/1565986518?ls

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
25 posts
8.3 Years
Out of curiosity, are there going to be any distinguishing elements/aspects in this game to help make some of the Pokemon stand out? Some examples of what that could be include fan-made Pokemon, or fanmade Evoltions or Mega Evolutions, or even overhauled movepools that include Egg Moves in the Level-up and/or Base Stat rebalances.

I see that this will be an "all the Pokemon in one Region" fangame, but I have found that those tend to be weaker in many ways (including due to things like Region overcrowding) to fangames with more curated Pokedexs that can then spend time adding nuance to the roster that's included.
The World of the Pokémon Animé is much too vast and has too much depth to focus on just a single aspect of it, like just battles or just adventure. :)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Wohooo! Can't wait to hear you go wild on the music in this one!
You bet I will ;)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Out of curiosity, are there going to be any distinguishing elements/aspects in this game to help make some of the Pokemon stand out? Some examples of what that could be include fan-made Pokemon, or fanmade Evoltions or Mega Evolutions, or even overhauled movepools that include Egg Moves in the Level-up and/or Base Stat rebalances.

I see that this will be an "all the Pokemon in one Region" fangame, but I have found that those tend to be weaker in many ways (including due to things like Region overcrowding) to fangames with more curated Pokedexs that can then spend time adding nuance to the roster that's included.
New species expanding already existing ones isn’t planned.
As to the full Dex, I might not make the region force in all 890+ species in a single National Dex, as I might have a regional dex with less and make the rest available outside of the dex like in S&M (if I do this I will hand out a Nat Dex in the postgame but yeah you get the idea)

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!

Male
Asia
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
1.5 Years
Do you have plans to add an Ev-Iv Display Screen?
Winning an arguement with an intellegent person might be hard,but winning one with a dumb person is impossible.

Name: Greninja

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Do you have plans to add an Ev-Iv Display Screen?
Maybe, the IVs are kinda displayed but I might make it more streamlined

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Something I would suggest, you could incorporate difficulty levels instead of just one single set one to offer player choice.
We will see

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Some new screenshots added to the thread!

RenElite

Male
Philippines
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
243 posts
4.7 Years
A Full Pokedex with Generation 1 through 8 you say?! Oh boy! Will it include the Pokémon from both the Isle of Armor, and the Crown Tundra from Sword & Shield too? Do you also mean by all the Generation 8 Pokémon
Including the starters too? i would be happy to play your game if it has it all!
considering RadRed has all the mons and both Saiph 2 and RadRed uses cfru, I think its a yes.

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
Will it have other forms of pokemon like eclipsinging in pokemon sors
Alternative forms this time aren’t planned

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
25 posts
8.3 Years
New species expanding already existing ones isn’t planned.
As to the full Dex, I might not make the region force in all 890+ species in a single National Dex, as I might have a regional dex with less and make the rest available outside of the dex like in S&M (if I do this I will hand out a Nat Dex in the postgame but yeah you get the idea)
Not overcrowding a single region would definitely be a good thing to do.
The World of the Pokémon Animé is much too vast and has too much depth to focus on just a single aspect of it, like just battles or just adventure. :)

#Vytron

Male
Europe
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
283 posts
4.7 Years
I hope this game has a longer post game, considering Sors is really short.
Sors’ was already pretty packed if one decides to 100% the game but we will see