• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • I found this game through someone playing it on TikTok live. Got curious and decided to try for myself. I don't usually use the forums but I had to just leave this here. The amount of dedication that was put in this hack is just incredible; it feels like I'm actually playing a genuine Pokemon game. The sprites, the story, the OSTs.. Amazing all over. I've played GBA ROM hacks in this past and this is personally one of the best out there, hands down. I hope you guys continue to do more projects in the future 👍

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Was status conditions like confusion changed in this game? Not far in the game. Just around the first gym and thus far various enemy trainers have had 14 turns of cumulative confusion and not once have they ever hit themself. Am I just unlucky here?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    So... once Cube Corp's interior is filled out, what's next? Not in terms of Pokemon Unbound, I mean in general for Pokemon fangames. You gonna try for another Fangame with the lessons learned from this one?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Hello developers, when Unbound Battle Frontier is updated, is it possible to inherit the old version of the save? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I'm playing it in 2022 and as far as I played this game I can tell that it's probably the best Pokémon game I ever touched, IMO better than almost every Gamefreaks game. In it we see integrated the best feautures of every pokemon generation plus classical RPG styles such as quests log menu, and it's wonderfull. The main story is more like what an veteran player would like to play, since the story is heavier that what's normally passed on other titles to younger generations. It has some imperfections though, like some menu bugs, but nothing special to worry about.

I'd like to give all my congratulations to the developer and a THANK YOU for let me play this masterpiece. Hope you collect all the fruits from your hard work!!

Years
  • Hello, developers, I have two questions for Pokémon Unbound's next update.
    1. Will you include the Pokémon DPPt Font Patch (credited to Sierraffinity)?
    2. Will you decapitalize all of the words, phrases and sentences?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, developers, I have two questions for Pokémon Unbound's next update.
    1. Will you include the Pokémon DPPt Font Patch (credited to Sierraffinity)?
    2. Will you decapitalize all of the words, phrases and sentences?

The game has full decapitalization

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Regarding a certain speechless trainer and his trades, here's a thing I found. Maybe the expert helpers around here find it useful:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    This game is unbelievably good Skeli!
    I just discovered your game a few days ago and I'm hooked.
    I'm a Pokemon boomer and haven't played any of the games since Emerald.
    One of things that I'm really Impressed with was the way the game sprinkles in Pokemon from different Generations in a way that doesn't feel overwhelming or alienating to people returning to the series.
    Thank you for bringing this to the community even if I'm 7 years late!

cossu3

loves hack rom
    Years
  • bro, this game is awesome and it has everything I search from a romhack: a new map with a different story than the original, quality of life improvements and last but not least SOMETHING TO SEE MY LATEST MISSION because either I forget or just don't read the dialogue I always don't know what I have to do. Def my favorite hack

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    and last but not least SOMETHING TO SEE MY LATEST MISSION because either I forget or just don't read the dialogue I always don't know what I have to do.

Your next objective is displayed at the top of the pause screen, but also in your mission log ("A Hero's/Heroine's Journey").
    I wouldn't recommend skipping the dialogue though, the story of ROM hacks is often superior to the official games.
    Newer Gens might be different, but personally I completely lost interest because of that after Gen3.

I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Unbound adapts some of the X/Y(?) world.

cossu3

loves hack rom
    Years
  • Your next objective is displayed at the top of the pause screen, but also in your mission log ("A Hero's/Heroine's Journey").
    I wouldn't recommend skipping the dialogue though, the story of ROM hacks is often superior to the official games.
    Newer Gens might be different, but personally I completely lost interest because of that after Gen3.

I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Unbound adapts some of the X/Y(?) world.

ye I know that, I was just appreciating the feature
    if you want to play some new gen games I can recommend you sun 'n moon, I rlly appreciated those titles even tho they're really hated

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    ye I know that, I was just appreciating the feature
    if you want to play some new gen games I can recommend you sun 'n moon, I rlly appreciated those titles even tho they're really hated

Oh, I may have misread your post.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I may check these out once I have a proper DS emulator.

Back