• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    Great game had lots of fun, right up until the Elite 4 (was too frustrating for me). Would still recommend this one though as I spent just over 47 hours playing before giving up beating it.

EDIT - So attempted this game twice more I had that much fun the first time, ended up beating the Elite 4 this time pretty easily. Third times a charm.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    I wonder how wild (or stationary) pokemon are generated ? Is it by frame like most pokemon games!!! Because i was trying to soft reset on the grass to search for a nice ivs pokemon but each time i do soft reset i allways meet the same pokemon with the same stats and the same steps count !
    How does the game generate pokemons?

Years
  • The game has full decapitalization
    ....including the screenshot below:
    Pokemon-Unbound-Super-Update-0.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    I saw Skeli has a couple of repositories for updating pokemon games.

Is there somewhere available the decompiled source code for Pokemon Unbound? (I'd like to update it to increase max level to 255)

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    It seems like the randomizer has limits? When I start a game with every aspect random, the same 4-5 Pokémon will spawn in any given area with the same ability and moves. Trainers on the route will have the same Pokémon I'm finding. Why is that? I was expecting something completely random each encounter…

Years
    • Seen today
    It seems like the randomizer has limits? When I start a game with every aspect random, the same 4-5 Pokémon will spawn in any given area with the same ability and moves. Trainers on the route will have the same Pokémon I'm finding. Why is that? I was expecting something completely random each encounter…

I doubt randomizers in general would work the way you're expecting. If a route has 10 possible wild species encounters, it will randomly change those into another random 10 species. So if it replaces Lillipup with Entei, that means a route with Lillipup as a common encounter should have Entei as a common encounter instead. The number of encounter "slots" for each area isn't changed, so it's not like you're supposed to find hundreds of different Pokémon in a single route.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I doubt randomizers in general would work the way you're expecting. If a route has 10 possible wild species encounters, it will randomly change those into another random 10 species. So if it replaces Lillipup with Entei, that means a route with Lillipup as a common encounter should have Entei as a common encounter instead. The number of encounter "slots" for each area isn't changed, so it's not like you're supposed to find hundreds of different Pokémon in a single route.

This is slightly off topic but not always - it's true for that specific route, but the next route may have Lillipup changed to something else entirely, depending on the randomizer. Each location may have the same mons but have different encounter slots/rates to each other.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    The God Stat Scanner in the latest BFD is like a QoL to the next level. .Unbound developers are full of surprises.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    Does anybody have a working cheat for rare candies and master balls? The cheat where u can change the items sold at pokemarts doesn't work. And the cheat where u can get x999 of rare candies or masterballs in ur pc, when I try to withdraw the item from pc, the game always always crashes and restarts! Anyone relate?

Years
  • Does anybody have a working cheat for rare candies and master balls? The cheat where u can change the items sold at pokemarts doesn't work. And the cheat where u can get x999 of rare candies or masterballs in ur pc, when I try to withdraw the item from pc, the game always always crashes and restarts! Anyone relate?

These cheats flat out don't work; the alternative solutions are below.

Instead of Rare Candies, defeat the trainer at the top left of the Dresco Battle House; he has an Audino and Blissey. Make sure you are on at least Difficult difficulty as otherwise the trainers' mons won't scale with yours. Farm 6 Lucky Eggs from wild Happiny at Route 9 and if you are in the postgame, increase their levels to level 10 (to do this collect 28 Big Pearls - Shellder and Clamperl will hold this most likely and 9 Pearl Strings - you can collect them from raids); that way you will get much more experience from a battle.

Instead of Master Balls try to buy and use the best ball for different kind of encounters. If it is night, use Dusk Ball. If at early turns, try to use Quick Ball. If you are about to catch Bug- or Water-type mon, use Net Ball. If the opposing mon is heavy, use Heavy Ball. If the opposing mon is fast (base Speed stat of at least 100), use Fast Ball. If it is a roaming encounter (Lati@s, Tornadus, Thundurus, Raikou, Entei) lower the target's HP to 1 with False Swipe mon and then bring a mon with Shadow Tag on the next encounter; throw balls until caught.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Does anybody have a working cheat for rare candies and master balls? The cheat where u can change the items sold at pokemarts doesn't work. And the cheat where u can get x999 of rare candies or masterballs in ur pc, when I try to withdraw the item from pc, the game always always crashes and restarts! Anyone relate?

Codebreaker for x999 all in bag ( I can't remember which 2.0 versions work with this so try your luck between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3.) Even after you use one from your bag, with this cheat, it just makes it 999 again instantly.
    Master Ball
    Rare Candy
    Dream Mist
    Ability Capsule
    Gold Cap
    4203BB22 03E7
    00000004 0004
    4203BB20 0044
    00010001 0004
    4203BB24 0059
    00010001 0004
    4203BB28 0260
    00010001 0004
    4203BB2C 0269
    00010001 0004
    4203C356 03E7
    00000001 0004
    4203C354 0001
    00010001 0004

Last edited:
    Years
  • Codebreaker for x999 all in bag

Very heavily suggest against using this cheat code since this will outright break the game. I suggest the alternative solution in my post I wrote yesterday night, and the post is below in its entirety.

These cheats flat out don't work; the alternative solutions are below.

Instead of Rare Candies, defeat the trainer at the top left of the Dresco Battle House; he has an Audino and Blissey. Make sure you are on at least Difficult difficulty as otherwise the trainers' mons won't scale with yours. Farm 6 Lucky Eggs from wild Happiny at Route 9 and if you are in the postgame, increase their levels to level 10 (to do this collect 28 Big Pearls - Shellder and Clamperl will hold this most likely and 9 Pearl Strings - you can collect them from raids); that way you will get much more experience from a battle.

Instead of Master Balls try to buy and use the best ball for different kind of encounters. If it is night, use Dusk Ball. If at early turns, try to use Quick Ball. If you are about to catch Bug- or Water-type mon, use Net Ball. If the opposing mon is heavy, use Heavy Ball. If the opposing mon is fast (base Speed stat of at least 100), use Fast Ball. If it is a roaming encounter (Lati@s, Tornadus, Thundurus, Raikou, Entei) lower the target's HP to 1 with False Swipe mon and then bring a mon with Shadow Tag on the next encounter; throw balls until caught.

Also, Unbound 2.1.0 has been released!

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Can anyone tell me how I can use my old save file from 2.0.3 on this version?
    (I am using mGBA emulator on a laptop)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Can anyone please tell me how to use my old save file from the version 2.0.3 on this version? (I am using mGBA emulator on a laptop)

Back